PDA

View Full Version : itch itch itch...don't treat me like this!!

EmpressRee
06-13-2012, 10:25 PM
OKay..So I know that there are many threads on what to do when locs are dry but I would like to fresh ideas instead of going allll the way back to search the threads lol.

I recently washed my hair and retwisted last weekend...I stick to the same routine but all week my scalp has been itching me ridiculously. I brought the Jamaican castor oil with cococut oil to see if it works which i am hoping it does. Other than that I just mist my locs throughout the day. But GEEEESH the itch is ridiculous

How do many combat this issue. What are some oils that can be used just in case the coconut oil does not work?

chachadiva
06-13-2012, 10:47 PM
There are no fresh ideas.

-ACV rinses
-Add tea tree oil to your scalp products
-Wash with a medicated shampoo like Nizoral
-Scalp massage

OHR
06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
^chachadiva beat me to it.(:-)

Karibana
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
If you use a gentle shampoo, it might be time to dust off a bottle of clarifying shampoo to get your hair and scalp squeaky clean.

Lockolatte
06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Stop putting oil on your scalp if you are doing so. And do the other stuff ChaCha said.

OHR
06-13-2012, 11:38 PM
^cosign Locko and Kari.

EmpressRee
06-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Thanks guys. The shampoo I have been using is the Dr. Bronners shampoo in my hair. The next wash I will do the acv rinse with some good massaging.

netta1
06-14-2012, 05:46 AM
yes and take flax seed oil internally....

EmpressRee
06-14-2012, 11:01 AM
yes and take flax seed oil internally....

Thanks!
I have heard of flax seed. exactly what does it do?

OHR
06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I have heard of flax seed. exactly what does it do?
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/family-nutrition/flax-seeds-and-flax-oil
You can find flaxseed meal and oils at most retail establishments now.
Hope this helps.

EmpressRee
06-14-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/family-nutrition/flax-seeds-and-flax-oil
You can find flaxseed meal and oils at most retail establishments now.
Hope this helps.

Thanks! Im going to look for it this weekend

bebedee
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks OHR....I'm a fan of ground flaxseed meal in my yogurt and smoothies for the beneficial oils, but I learned a lot from Dr. Sears today!

cutenappygrl
08-23-2018, 11:07 AM
OKay..So I know that there are many threads on what to do when locs are dry but I would like to fresh ideas instead of going allll the way back to search the threads lol.

I recently washed my hair and retwisted last weekend...I stick to the same routine but all week my scalp has been itching me ridiculously. I brought the Jamaican castor oil with cococut oil to see if it works which i am hoping it does. Other than that I just mist my locs throughout the day. But GEEEESH the itch is ridiculous

How do many combat this issue. What are some oils that can be used just in case the coconut oil does not work?

Do you like Jane Carter twist & loc cream? It works...