PDA

View Full Version : losing locs?

natural*nichelle
07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi all! My boyfriend and I went natural together 2yrs ago. While I am still rockin my lose naps he has beautiful locks...exchange t he keeps losing them :'( one will literally just fall out. The loctician who he currently sees...is questionable to me. His hair is always so dry and when she styles it it looks soooo tight. She doesn't moisturize his hair.
Is it OK to try a protein treatment on his hair, even with locks? Just seems like his strands are weak. The lady told him it's because of his new growth and the difference in texture between that and his loc'd hair -_-
Any suggestions on what may help or things we could try at home vs. continuing to pay this lady til he's bald? :'(
Thanks all!

Denny
07-27-2012, 10:50 PM
There is a section on dry locks, if his locs are breaking its nothing to with texture but moistness, he needs to moisturise his hair and not wait on this stylist to do it for him and add hot oil treatments to his haircare.

natural*nichelle
07-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks so much! Sorry I'll go check the section for dry locs...smh I've been telling him that. Thanks again

AutumnRain
07-30-2012, 03:18 AM
He should fire his stylist too. Talk about ignant!