PDA

View Full Version : London 2012 Olympics Part 2

Karibana
08-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Canadian Clara Hughes finished 5th at the cycling time trial. She remains my favourite Canadian Olympian, winning medals in the Summer and Winter Olympics, I still remember when whe won gold at 10000m speed skating :)

I'm finding all those super smooth Olympic bodies unsettling. I'm happy some of the divers let their body hairs be great :-))

5 medals for Canada after 5 days, still waiting for a gold but that should us satisfied for a few more days.

Does Michael Phelps also have the most individual medals?

Karibana
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Men's gymnastics or Women' weighlifting? What to watch?

That female weightlifter from Armenia may look female from the waist down but from the neck up it says otherwise...

Soul Rebel
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Does Michael Phelps also have the most individual medals?

Not including any team/relay medals? No Michael is #3 on that list behind (http://bit.ly/MZhN58) that Soviet Gymnast he just beat out for the overall total and some other Soviet athlete from the 70s. I think Phelps still has enough events upcoming where if he medals in all of them, he could take Indv medals title too.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Karibana
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
^Thanks SR. That somewhat dims his accomplishments to me but if, as you say, he wins more medals on his own then good for him.

LBellatrix
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Just finishing watching this cutie give his opponent a run for his money: Rene-Philippe Kouassi, playing for Cote d'Ivoire (minus the mustache, but still...yum) :p:

http://www.sport-ivoire.ci/images/actu/24-07-2012-05-14rene-philippe-kouassi.jpg

Currently playing: the top-ranked women's seed (from South Korea) against the bottom-ranked (from Iraq, dressed in hijab, getting her butt handed to her sadly).

Karibana
08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
From the NY Times, grey hairs doing their thing (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/sports/olympics/in-late-30s-olympic-gymnasts-continue-to-compete.html?_r=1) at the Olympics in gymnastics. That Roger Sterling look alike below is 39 :)

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/07/29/sports/subGYMNASTICSjp/subGYMNASTICSjp-articleLarge.jpg

tjolims
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
The luxurious armpit hair on the Japanese male gymnasts tickled me. Olympic athletes must spend fortune on hair removal.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
i changed my mind about male swimmer's bodied. they are good from the waist up but below they look like genie from alladin

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6_u4bUb36AMte3FWSaGpowA0Wm9usO HsmqvUcRLHMoGpQWZdL
i can has medal now?

darqchild
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
i changed my mind about male swimmer's bodied. they are good from the waist up but below they look like genie from alladin

I have to agree with you. They're so long waisted. Lochte still got it going on though. (:-)

bigpuff 02
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I love Megan Hodge's natural hair on the US Volleyball team.

bigpuff 02
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=megan-hodge/index.html

Karibana
08-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Denny, your mayor continues to entertain :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SKYs6ZefXs

Soul Rebel
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
^Thanks SR. That somewhat dims his accomplishments to me but if, as you say, he wins more medals on his own then good for him.

Really? 19 medals is a crazy amount of medals for any one person. And 11 of the 19 are individual. How many medals do I have? Oh, that's right..zero. LOL! I'm sorry that's a very impressive feat. LOL

Yay US women's gymnastics, Boo continued ridiculous coverage of it, and SUPER BOO continuing to opine about Jordyn Wieber as if she were the only member of the team and her not making all around was the worst injustice in the history of the sport. She. Did. Not. Make. It. Deal with it.

Are the men happening today? I'm interested to see how the US men will recuperate from their poor showing.

I wish international women's Bball didn't suck but it sho do. These other countries haven't progressed at all whereas us women aren't that different from us men. Hence it's just blow-out city, boring games.

Denny
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Went to see the Olympic tennis today, had a good time but the place was not busy at all, lots of empty seats.

Denny
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19087826

Sad news of the Olympics:(

Denny
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Denny, your mayor continues to entertain :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SKYs6ZefXs

yes he plays the upper class twit to perfection:-|

Karibana
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
@SR: What I mean is he has without the relays he wouldn't have a record. OK yes, many medals obtained over three Games yet but had his teamates faltered he be short of having a record save for the one in Be´jing when he bested Mark Spitz. I guess the fact that Phelps clearly undertrained for these games makes his feat :meh: for me.

Soul Rebel
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
11 of those medals didn't involve other people which makes him THIRD on the all time list EVER in the history of the modern Olympics so I'm afraid I'm just not getting it LOL! Sorry he's naturally talented, you sound like that one teammate of his who tried to call him out (and who has, thus far, won nothing). Some folks just got it like that. :-))

GalaxyGirl2012
08-02-2012, 12:00 AM
11 of those medals didn't involve other people which makes him THIRD on the all time list EVER in the history of the modern Olympics so I'm afraid I'm just not getting it LOL! Sorry he's naturally talented, you sound like that one teammate of his who tried to call him out (and who has, thus far, won nothing). Some folks just got it like that. :-))
that dude's comments came off like salieri's in amadeus .

booohooo i have to work so much harder than him :(

Soul Rebel
08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
that dude's comments came off like salieri's in amadeus...

:-))

What's really going on in the Badminton competition (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/olympic-badminton-controversy-players-banned_n_1730408.html)???? :huh:

Karibana
08-02-2012, 01:59 AM
^Whatever is going on our Canadians who were shut out are now headed to the semis. So for us, it's all good :D Seriously though, if you're going to throw a game, do it on the DL and not in front of the IOC president :*\

Karibana
08-02-2012, 04:09 AM
I could post this in the Hair chat sectioon but I think I'll leave it here.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17umfm2kwot3xjpg/original.jpg

Denny
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
well done South Africa for winning the gold in light weight coxless 4 - rowing with a b/w team!
Team GB got the silver!

Denny
08-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Team GB - gold and silver in the canoing and gold in shooting (yeah we can't run but we can sail, cycle and shoot folks! lol)

Karibana
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Ugh, I should have looked at the Olympic schedule before agreeing to goin to Atlantic City with my mom, I will most of Track and Field :-|

Anyhoo, one more silver for Canada in the Women's 8 in Kayak.

Karibana
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
WTF, One of the Chinese synchro divers found out (http://deadspin.com/5931182/chinese-diver-wins-gold-is-finally-told-that-her-mother-has-cancer-and-her-grandparents-died-a-year-ago)after she won gold that her grandparents had passed away in the previous hear and that her mother had cancer.

Those Judo matches are only 5 mins yet they look epic.

Denny
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Gabby is doing very well so far, better than her team mate....Well done Gabby she has done it, brilliant floor routine!

Karibana
08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Of course I'm rooting for the Canadians but I want Gabby to go "Deal with This" to NBC :D

Karibana
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
That right America, a sister is All Around champion!

tenachie
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Extremely happy for Gabby! Let the haters hate.

Sohful1
08-02-2012, 05:45 PM
****Breaking news on msn.com****Last Tuesday, the American women became just the second US gymnastics squad to win team gold.
On Thursday, we saw a first.
Gabby Douglas became the first American woman to claim team and all-around gold in the same Olympics, completing her meteoric rise to the top of the sport.
MORE TO COME!!!!

chachadiva
08-02-2012, 05:58 PM
First Obama, now Gabby. Folks gonna lose their minds. :-))

Let's see if she gets to be "America's sweetheart" like Mary Lou Retton or Kerri Strug.

Savvyone
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
^^and just like Obama she seemed to come out of nowhere....I haven't followed gymnastics since Nadia tho:-)) only heard of Gabby last week but WOW this is AWESOME! (:-)

Soul Rebel
08-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I got spoiled when I went to look up something else about the Olympics. Oh well.

GO GABBY GO!!!!!

:D <---- doesn't even say it right now

Mean girl THAT

:D :D

On the gymnastics note I was also very proud of Danell Levya staging a comeback and winning bronze yesterday.

#GoTeamUSA :D

Karibana
08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Welp, Clary beat Lochte and won gold :p

Soul Rebel
08-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't particularly like Lochte at all so #OhWell

Karibana
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Looking at the white boy swimming for Kenya, I was about to wonder if African pools are segregated but I suppose they may be nationals but are studying and training abroad.

Denny
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Looking at the white boy swimming for Kenya, I was about to wonder if African pools are segregated but I suppose they may be nationals but are studying and training abroad.

I'm not sure public swimming pools are as much a norm in African countries as they are in North America and Europe especially Kenya where storing large bodies of water for swimming is probably a luxury in a country more likely to be plagued wth drought.

Karibana
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Bonjour Mr Spanish Basketball player :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/30hm26p.jpg

I'm not sure public swimming pools are as much a norm in African countries as they are in North America and Europe especially Kenya where storing large bodies of water for swimming is probably a luxury in a country more likely to be plagued wth drought.

I used "segregated" figuratively, as a way to observe the fact that all their swimmers are white. Me thinks the second portion of my post is closer to the truth ie they are nationals but their families can afford to send them abroad to study in the schools where they develop their talent.

Soul Rebel
08-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Bonjour Mr Spanish Basketball player :)

IBLOCKa! (his last name is Ibaka...born in Congo, naturalized Spanish citizen so he can play for Spain, speakes 5 languages, plays in NBA for Oklahoma...yes I'm a Bball fanatic. I'm watching the Spain/GBR game right now. Spain is my Int'l team of choice :D. )

Karibana
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
And hello Mr French indoor cyclist :)

http://www.republicain-lorrain.fr/fr/images/C34C82F9-0B2B-4DC4-A575-810C9BA0442F/LRL_03/avant-d-arriver-a-londres-gregory-bauge-n-a-pas-compte-les-heures-d-entrainement-quotidiennes-au-c.jpg

GalaxyGirl2012
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
YES!!!

this thread definitely needs more eye candy :))

LBellatrix
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
^^Yes indeedy ma'am! :D

On NPR they actually reported on this Gabby Douglas hair thing. Maybe one of y'all can catch it to see if it redeems itself at all (first half-hour of today's All Things Considered) because I turned the radio off before they got good into it. Seriously, NPR? SERIOUSLY??? :(o)

It just reminds me of when Obama won the presidency and on the same day the media made a big deal of black people somehow "causing" CA Prop 8 (banning same-sex marriage) to pass.

Karibana
08-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I didn't have a particular opinion of Ryan Lochte other then him not living up to his own hype but after reading this (http://jezebel.com/5931055/10-reasons-why-ryan-lochte-is-americas-sexiest-douchebag?comment=51512030)and seeing this, y'all can have his baby smooth self...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcVslZDvm0

Soul Rebel
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
And hello Mr French indoor cyclist :)

Bonjour! :)

I didn't have a particular opinion of Ryan Lochte other then him not living up to his own hype but after reading this (http://jezebel.com/5931055/10-reasons-why-ryan-lochte-is-americas-sexiest-douchebag?comment=51512030)and seeing this, y'all can have his baby smooth self...

Allow me to re-quote myself...

I don't particularly like Lochte at all...

Do. Not. Want. lol

newlife2169
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Lochte is that dude who looks good on paper and in person and the fantasy is informed until he opens his mouth.... What he says and how he says it just kills the fantasy....

I'm lightweight ashamed to say that I have been in earshot of a family member who wants to "perm the mess" out of Gabby's hair.... Sigh.... That conditioning is decades old and most likely will not be unlearned. Thank goodness for my freedom from that insanity.

At this point, I REFUSE to give attention to any discourse about Gabby's hair. I cannot allow myself to be distracted from her history-making moment. Also, I don't want to get angry about it.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-02-2012, 11:54 PM
i won't lie, ryan is one of those hot frat boys from villanova and upenn that i would have slutted in college and not remembered his name correctly the next weekend when he'd try to hook up again :-))

who cares if he's a douchebag? you're not looking to that kinda guy to be BF material or save the world, just you in my hut now -> don't you have a shuttle to take back to whatever school you came from?

Karibana
08-03-2012, 01:16 AM
For those of you who want to jugt NBC's narrative, Gabby ruled the all Around from beginning to end. Let see what narrative they go with.

tenachie
08-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Well they started with all the praises that raisman received for her excellent leadership and cinching the US gold

Karibana
08-03-2012, 02:04 AM
OMG this is BS. NBC's narative that is.

MommieDearest
08-03-2012, 04:21 AM
I love Megan Hodge's natural hair on the US Volleyball team.

Me too!!! During the Olympic trials, I noticed that quite a few women in track and field are letting their naps be great as well. :)

MommieDearest
08-03-2012, 04:31 AM
First Obama, now Gabby. Folks gonna lose their minds. :-))

Let's see if she gets to be "America's sweetheart" like Mary Lou Retton or Kerri Strug.

You ain't neva lied!!!! I can hear white folks' heads exploding as I type....

MommieDearest
08-03-2012, 04:37 AM
:-))

What's really going on in the Badminton competition (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/olympic-badminton-controversy-players-banned_n_1730408.html)???? :huh:

One of the Chinese players just said "EFF IT" and quit. http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-notes-20120803,0,1503953.story

bigpuff 02
08-03-2012, 04:41 AM
I am so mad at that ignorant twitter post about Gabby's hair. They are probably all out of shape and unfit protecting their hair. So what if her hair wasn't perfectly straight? The point is she is a world-class gymnast. People are so stupid!

GalaxyGirl2012
08-03-2012, 06:28 AM
i thought the worst part about the NBC announcers was them over dramatizing mustafina "storming" off and "shoving" her trainer like she was on a coke filled rampage. :-))

Soul Rebel
08-03-2012, 06:55 AM
i thought the worst part about the NBC announcers was them over dramatizing mustafina "storming" off and "shoving" her trainer like she was on a coke filled rampage. :-))

That was hilarious but those Russian girls really were tripping. :-))

anyway, by the time these things air on the West Coast (unless you watched online) you already know the result 50 times over but it was still fun to see Gabby knock folks out!

Won Gabby Won!

:D

Denny
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
B

I used "segregated" figuratively, as a way to observe the fact that all their swimmers are white. Me thinks the second portion of my post is closer to the truth ie they are nationals but their families can afford to send them abroad to study in the schools where they develop their talent.

True, I notice that with a few of our basketball players with their slight American twang.:-))
I only learned today one does not need to be born or even raised in a nation to represent it at the Olympics. One of our high jumpers used to represent Cuba (her birthplace), then Sudan, then GB (she married a Brit) 8) and these days Merlene Ottey represents anyone who will have her.:-))

OHR
08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
THIS! When I heard the announcers going on and on about it, I thought punches were thrown as well...

That was hilarious but those Russian girls really were tripping.
^I don't remember watching previous Olympic events where I saw so much cryin'...and whycome you gonna put your hands on your trainer? Yep. They be trippin'.

Karibana
08-03-2012, 03:12 PM
True, I notice that with a few of our basketball players with their slight American twang.:-))
I only learned today one does not need to be born or even raised in a nation to represent it at the Olympics. One of our high jumpers used to represent Cuba (her birthplace), then Sudan, then GB (she married a Brit) 8) and these days Merlene Ottey represents anyone who will have her.:-))

Yep. Beijing many of the Beach volleyball players of many countries were Brazilians (and where's Brazil this year, they used to dominate that sport). And I :-)) seeing Merlene Ottey running for Ukraine in Beijing.

Karibana
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't follow tennis so I never heard Viktoria Azarenka's scream before. If Angry birds creates a new character they could use it...

ETA: Watching the first rounds of the women's 100m sprints. Interesting how the black female runners are more covered then the Eastern Euro runners. And considering the fact that it's won by fractions of seconds, I'm surprised they don't all favour slicked back hair does like that lady from C˘te d'Ivoire unless it makes little difference in ths 100m.

tjolims
08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I can't stand any of the US male swimmers, but damn if they aren't the most talented.

Denny
08-03-2012, 07:52 PM
^ Yes the US swimming programme must be excellent.

Soul Rebel
08-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I can't stand any of the US male swimmers, but damn if they aren't the most talented.

Yep. (101010)

Karibana
08-03-2012, 09:08 PM
OMG Ethiopia's Dibaba who won the 10000m and made it look like a warmup and literally left her opponents in her wake. No wait, her wake had time to settle before the next runner up crossed the finished line.

And yes, Michael Phelps' win impressed me today ;) As did Canadian Rory Cochrane who very easily won his 1500m prelim.

OHR
08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
OMG Ethiopia's Dibaba who won the 10000m and made it look like a warmup
She wasn't even breathing hard! Did you catch her glancing behind her during the final stretch? Impressive.

Denny
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
After trying all week got tickets for Paralympics in the stadium!

Soul Rebel
08-03-2012, 11:02 PM
She wasn't even breathing hard! Did you catch her glancing behind her during the final stretch? Impressive.

Werd she did that like she wasn't even in a race. She looked like she was practicing it looked so easy for her. That was crazy.

The Americans in the race = :( lol

Congrats Denny! :)

Denny
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
^ Americans too busy swimming lol

Karibana
08-03-2012, 11:37 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/21c6kk.jpg

chachadiva
08-04-2012, 12:29 AM
^Glad to see that. I'm keeping track. So far, it's Time Magazine and Corn Flakes.

I want to see her on a box of Wheaties, on Jay Leno, on Ellen, on all the morning talk shows, at the MTV Awards, guest spots on TV, etc.

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Corn Flakes is what I'm talmbout. Press is nice but I wanna see that phat ENDORSEMENT money flying in.

Karibana
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/39/2012/08/tb_ol_dawes.jpg

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 01:38 AM
^ :huh:

I guess she means at the Olympic level which is true since Dianne got dissed :-| But I've been happy to see/read how supportive Dominique has been of Gabby :)

lin19lyn
08-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Congrats to Gabby!!! And I hope those endorsements keep flowing in.

Karibana
08-04-2012, 02:49 AM
^ :huh:

I guess she means at the Olympic level which is true since Dianne got dissed :-|

????

ETA: I googled (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_the_first_black_American_gymnast). I think the web designer meant first Olympic gold medallist.

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 06:16 AM
????

ETA: I googled (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_the_first_black_American_gymnast). I think the web designer meant first Olympic gold medallist.

Yeah that's what I said, I figured it out. :)

tenachie
08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
NBC issued an apology for showing an ad for a new fall show Animal Practice which featured a monkey doing gym routines right after Gabby's win and Costas commentary on AA girls watching and thinking I want to be her.

I didn't even realize. Did you guys notice? The apology seems even worse than the ad "mistake" itself. I wouldn't have suspected they did that on purpose and the apology betrays their subconscious.

Karibana
08-04-2012, 11:21 AM
^I had to google because I didn't know how "Dianne" was, I didn't know there had been another black gymnast before Dominique Dawes :)

Welp, I'm off to the States for five days so I'll have to catch bits of the Games when I can. I'm happy, my favourite Olympic slim shady Jeremy Wariner will be at the 4x400m relay on Wednesday, I should be able to catch on the late night reruns :)

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 04:54 PM
NBC issued an apology for showing an ad for a new fall show Animal Practice which featured a monkey doing gym routines right after Gabby's win and Costas commentary on AA girls watching and thinking I want to be her.

I didn't even realize. Did you guys notice? The apology seems even worse than the ad "mistake" itself. I wouldn't have suspected they did that on purpose and the apology betrays their subconscious.

I saw it but I didn't make those connections in my mind, no. I didn't think about it at all until DaveyD made a "shame on you" tweet on Twitter (DaveyD is a West Coast hip hop DJ & commentator... Kinda-sorta a West Coast Jay Smooth type), and then I thought Davey was making much ado about nothing.

I'll have to check out the Apology. NBC has just been failing at life with these Olympics.

EDIT - Welp. So much for the 'big rivalry' between Serena and Sharipova. Lol!

OHR
08-04-2012, 05:56 PM
McEnroe is wearing a sparkly silver necklace...which distracted me from those scary eyes of his...he's always lookin' madT.

MissNic
08-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Ennis!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

GalaxyGirl2012
08-04-2012, 08:43 PM

:huh:

they've been showing those commercials all throughout the olympics. the show looks funny

i dont think it was a mistake because they've been showing those commercials A LOT. the fact that they think it was a mistake is just off to me.

Bejewelle
08-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes! Well done Jessica Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah! Waiting for Christine...:)

Denny
08-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Go TeamGB we are third on the table

Bejewelle
08-04-2012, 09:01 PM
And well done, Fraser-Pryce! :D

tenachie
08-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I so hate penalties.

MissNic
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Epic night! Well done to all the athletes

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Ennis!!!! :D

The Canadian chick I was hoping would do well fell off, unfortunately.

(damn USA fell way off in that event... oh well...)

Soul Rebel
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
:huh:

they've been showing those commercials all throughout the olympics. the show looks funny

i dont think it was a mistake because they've been showing those commercials A LOT. the fact that they think it was a mistake is just off to me.

That was my first thought as well, some of them being really funny (I like the one with the turtle).

I guess the consternation was them playing the monkey one, specifically, after Gabby's win instead of the dog one or the turtle one or whatever.

I think this is a hyper-sensitivity that black folks would be better off letting go of at this point, but that's just me.

chachadiva
08-04-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUJtL1QT7g

GalaxyGirl2012
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I think this is a hyper-sensitivity that black folks would be better off letting go of at this point, but that's just me.
exactly. i dont know what going on but is this a matter of black people being hypersensitive and calling NBC out OR is this someone from NBC thinking that people would get offended?

and i wasnt planning on watching the show, but their olympic spots have got me curious :-)) plus i have several friends in NYC who work at animal places. they have some crazy funny stories, so i'm kind of curious to see if the TV show will follow suit.

Soul Rebel
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM
See? Could Sharipova bust a Crip Walk after a win? Methinks not. Go Serena! :D

exactly. i dont know what going on but is this a matter of black people being hypersensitive and calling NBC out OR is this someone from NBC thinking that people would get offended?

oh who knows. that's a whole 'nother level of "wow, really?" I hadn't even considered, :-)) . All I know is Gabby won, NBC played a commercial they've been playing pretty much incessantly since the Games began and folks got upset and started tweeting and apparently complaining to NBC about it so much so that they felt the need to apologize. That sounds like folks digging and being hypersensitive to me but who knows what came first between this chicken and this egg.

OHR
08-05-2012, 12:22 AM
See? Could Sharipova bust a Crip Walk after a win? Methinks not. Go Serena! :D
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx101/glacius971/Gif/Iagree.gif

newlife2169
08-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Watching the track & field events.... the weaves appear to be bigger and brighter.... hopefully it doesn't slow them down.... lol. Interesting contrast of the color of the athletes this week compared to last week.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Watching the track & field events.... the weaves appear to be bigger and brighter.... hopefully it doesn't slow them down.... lol. Interesting contrast of the color of the athletes this week compared to last week.
that's a good point . one of the japanese ladies who ran in the 10K race apparently doesnt even wear nail polish on race day to avoid the extra weight :-))

tenachie
08-05-2012, 03:16 AM
. Interesting contrast of the color of the athletes this week compared to last week.

It's also interesting the difference in body shape from the water athletes

Beautifully Human
08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
It's interesting how you can get so emotional for certain athletes. I got a bit teary eyed for Jessica Ennis when she won. Something about her I just really took to. She was just so amazing. So happy for her!

Denny
08-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Well done Gelana!

Karibana
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
After seeing the women's marathon, I'm going for a quick run :D

Karibana
08-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Go Andy Murray!

ETA: Yes, Andy Murray has got it! I barely follow tennis but I was hoping he'd finally win on home soil.

Beautifully Human
08-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Woohoo! Well done Andy Murray! Fantastic game.

Denny
08-05-2012, 03:26 PM
well done andy!

Soul Rebel
08-05-2012, 05:09 PM
well done andy!

And yay Venus and Serena! :D

GalaxyGirl2012
08-05-2012, 07:50 PM
so i didnt know that the day olympic village got opened, the london server of grinder got shut down. :-))

anyway this really isnt a surprise when there's a bunch of young hot bodied sexy people from all over the world getting together, but there is a lot of smangin' going on at the olympics
(http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine)

Denny
08-05-2012, 08:46 PM
get ready will lightening bolt strike again?

Denny
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
yes it did!!!!!!!

Bejewelle
08-05-2012, 09:09 PM
^ ^ ^ 1 & 2, JAMAICA!!! :D

And Christine did alright :)

Soul Rebel
08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
get ready will lightening bolt strike again?

That was over before it even happened. :-))

Congrats Usain!

(I was simultaneously watching the running with the Hammer Throw which was also very cool...)

Beautifully Human
08-05-2012, 09:24 PM
RAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! @ Usain Bolt! Shut them all down! :D

tenachie
08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
so i didnt know that the day olympic village got opened, the london server of grinder got shut down. :-))

anyway this really isnt a surprise when there's a bunch of young hot bodied sexy people from all over the world getting together, but there is a lot of smangin' going on at the olympics
(http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine)

Leaping lizards!

OHR
08-06-2012, 01:25 AM
That Ryan Bailey is foine!http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/04/article-0-1461D506000005DC-324_306x423.jpgoh yeah, he came in 2nd in the 100meter.

tenachie
08-06-2012, 02:01 AM
That Ryan Bailey is foine!oh yeah, he came in 2nd in the 100meter.

He may have come in 2nd in his 100m semifinal heat, but not in the overall final.

Eta: aside from that yep!

OHR
08-06-2012, 02:02 AM
He may have come in 2nd in his 100m semifinal heat, but not in the overall final.
You're right. I stand corrected....still cute :-))

Soul Rebel
08-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Seems like every time I turn on NBC tv coverage beach volleyball is on. How is that even possible???

Karibana
08-06-2012, 04:03 AM
I got to watch Usain win in reruns tonight and that was cool. He's the first to successfully defend his title right?

And I got to see a couple of the gymnasts doing floor exercises and jeebus those guys are fearless! :o

Venetter
08-06-2012, 04:58 AM
I got to watch Usain win in reruns tonight and that was cool. He's the first to successfully defend his title right?

And I got to see a couple of the gymnasts doing floor exercises and jeebus those guys are fearless! :o

According to NBC, he's the 2nd, after Carl Lewis. I think he'll be the first dual winner/defender if he wins the 200m.

Fuzziwuz
08-06-2012, 05:28 AM
That Ryan Bailey is foine!http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/04/article-0-1461D506000005DC-324_306x423.jpgoh yeah, he came in 2nd in the 100meter.

(:-) mmhmm.... I know I ain't the only one watching the Olympics for the bodies.... eh, the sport is okay too.

Olahh
08-06-2012, 05:39 AM
OMGosh i luuuvvv watching the men run! Usain Bolt flys! Did yall see that chick staring at Bolts butt lol?

Fuzziwuz
08-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Nope... busy looking at Gatlin's imprint and thighs.

Soul Rebel
08-06-2012, 06:15 AM
(:-) mmhmm.... I know I ain't the only one watching the Olympics for the bodies....

I love the sport but the bodies are part of the enjoyment experience (did I mention those rowers? Wow! Most of these runners are beauteous too...)

I knew the result but I didn't get to see Sonya Richards-Ross's race earlier. What a great race. She ran very intelligently. :D

Karibana
08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
US Gymnasts' uniforms not patriotic enough (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/gabby-douglas-us-olympic-uniforms-patriotism_n_1744172.html) :*\

ladysaraii
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
(:-) mmhmm.... I know I ain't the only one watching the Olympics for the bodies.... eh, the sport is okay too.

Yes ma'am. I need to become a track groupie