PDA

View Full Version : L-O-C Method

freedom4me
01-18-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm a newly loose natural after having locs for 4+ years and I'm still trying to find my way around. Can anyone tell me what the LOC method is and what products to use for it? I know it stands for Liquid-Oil-Cream but what types of products would I use. I am currently wash, condition, put in a leave-in then use jojoba oil to seal. Is that ok?

chachadiva
01-19-2014, 01:19 AM
You get to choose which liquid, oil, and cream products you want to you. The key is the layering effect of the increasingly heavier product.

Go to Youtube and search for the LOC method.

freedom4me
01-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Thank you very much! I will do that

CCmomof5
01-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Co-signing Chachdiva's post, and adding that your current use of a leave-in and jojoba could be your version of the L-O-C method. For some ladies, after a wash, the water from the wash is the 'L', and then they apply their oil of choice, followed by a cream styler of choice. You can also do L-C-O (I do). I actually do more of a Liquid, Cream, sometimes Oil method. If my cream is heavy enough, I don't apply additional oil. But I always do water or water-based product followed by something sealing.

Bithiya
01-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Hmmm.
Didn't know this is an actual planned method :)
I've gotten great twists starting with just-washed wet hair, using a light coat of Goya EVOO, then Luster's Pink Light oil.
Also done all-day loose hair right after a wash, using a light coat of Goya EVOO, then Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil.
Just discovered the Shea Moisture line - start with clean wet hair, then Curling Gel Souffle, followed by Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

chachadiva
01-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Co-signing Chachdiva's post, and adding that your current use of a leave-in and jojoba could be your version of the L-O-C method. For some ladies, after a wash, the water from the wash is the 'L', and then they apply their oil of choice, followed by a cream styler of choice. You can also do L-C-O (I do). I actually do more of a Liquid, Cream, sometimes Oil method. If my cream is heavy enough, I don't apply additional oil. But I always do water or water-based product followed by something sealing.
I've heard of folks even doing L-O-C-O with an extra shot of oil at the end.

freedom4me
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all your help.

Naturally2012
07-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Supposedly...

L- Leave In Conditioner
O- Oils
C- cream Conditioner

I tried it however it didn't work to well for me because my hair has natural oils so when I use oils on my hair in the final steps, my hair looks greasy. Also, I generally have to "tweek" any of the procedures of others to suit my hair.

This is my regimen:

Co-Wash - Pantene Naturals Co-Wash
Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Leave In - SM CH Curl/Shine Conditioner
Hydration - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Styler - SM CH Curl & Style Milk
Deep Conditioner - LS Organic Cholesterol