PDA

View Full Version : Diy product breakouts

bktonj
02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Hi Reader Friends,

I am hoping that I can get the advice or help from some peeps who may have experienced breakouts from using DIY hair products.

I've made 3 different hair moisturizes using the below ingredients

Shea Butter
Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Avocado Oil

The first time I got breakouts and stopped using. The second time no breakouts and the third time unfortunately resulted in breakouts. All things regarding my health and diet have remained the same each time I have made and used the hair moisturizers.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so did you modify the product in anyway to stop breakouts? Just wondering if there is something I can do to salvage this last batch I have made.

Thanks!
Bktonj

Lockolatte
02-10-2015, 01:09 AM
Hello. I did have breakouts when I was using Vatika hair oil which is coconut oil with other herbs added. I learned that just because something is natural doesn't mean your skin/scalp can tolerate it. Try one of them at a time and see what happens. Also make sure your head wrap for night time and your pillow case are clean and don't have any of these on them which could cause further problems. I don't know of anything you can do to modify the mix because you are not sure which ingredient is the culprit.
Good luck.

Locko

bktonj
02-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Hi Locko,

Thanks for your response. I am also wondering if it could be the measurement of the ingredients since i've used this combination before but didn't experience break outs. Especially since I wasn't using the same amounts of each ingredient when I made the moisturizers. I will also try using each ingredient separately since my skin is also prone to breakouts!

Thanks,
bktonj