PDA

View Full Version : Clumping hair?

esjordan12
08-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Hello,

For some reason, every time I wash my hair it turns into one big clump. I'm not sure why or how to fix it. I've been natural for 9 months now and instead of doing a BC I just trim my hair every month. I've managed to cut all of my relaxed hair out now. Any suggestions?

Lockolatte
08-23-2015, 08:57 PM
I suggest not washing it loose. Put conditioner on it first. Next detangle it from the roots. Each section can then be twisted. Make 4-6 twist all over your head if possible. When you wash you can concentrate on one section at a time, retwisting as you go. In other words, don't let the whole head of hair be loose at one time.
Locko

LBellatrix
08-23-2015, 09:22 PM
^^Co-signing...if necessary you can make even more twists. Or you can just use clips to separate each section, and wash one section at a time. If you have Afro-textured hair that's longer than medium-Afro length, washing in sections can save you a LOT of aggravation.

esjordan12
08-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Thank you. I've never even thought of doing that. I'm gonna try it today

esjordan12
08-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Lol trust me I know all about aggravation.

Butter.Cam
08-24-2015, 03:36 AM
This sounds like a really frustrating problem! I hope the sugges

LBellatrix
08-26-2015, 12:54 AM
I needed to take my own advice this week :) ...I recently cut my hair short on the sides and back but only took a little off the top. Guess what? I STILL need to wash in sections. My hair texture and density didn't change just because SOME of it is back to a shorter length... :-))