PDA

View Full Version : ponytail ??? headbands ??? hats ???

Kelsey
01-22-2017, 10:06 PM
hi again, so I've been googling for a while now trying to figure out if it's okay to wear starter locs in a ponytail. I'm sure I'll have some shrinkage but I still think my hair will be too long to wear out. (I still have to follow military guidelines **eye roll**) I plan on starting with two strand twists and my hair is thick so I know it's going to be bulky. Im still going to have to put a hat on every time I go outside, it's part of the uniform. Does anyone know how much this might mess up the locking process, will it cause alot of knots if I wear it in a ponytail? will it cause unraveling? if I wear a headband to hide the newgrowth will it hinder the front of my head from locking? the only reason I would wear a headband is for work, since they literally just passed the regulation finally saying it's okay to wear locs, I don't want anyone thinking they have a reason to come up to me and say my hair isnt neat.... I'm still waiting on my appointment to get my hair done... 12 days to go and I'll finally have my starter locs. but these are some concerns thathat have been on my mind.