PDA

View Full Version : Straw Sets & Other Styles

Melishous
07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/kissmeli/Picture2.jpg
this is the most recent picture of my hair and i'd like to try a straw set. i have NO clue how to even begin as i've kept my hair in a twa for almost a year and in june deciding to let it grow out and try new styles. i know the texture of hair matters in styling, the reason why i posted a pic with my request. if anyone has this type of hair (i don't even know what type it is..lol), it has a looser curl pattern, or any suggestions on how to do straw sets i'd appreciate it. maybe links with a step by step? or even other styles i could try with my hair type...

pyogazel
07-30-2004, 08:50 PM
you'll find a step by step how to here :
http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairhowto.htm
:)

If you can hold a finger coil (see "single coil" thread), then you can hold a straw set !
good luck
:rainfro

Melishous
07-31-2004, 12:55 AM
oh thx so much! doesn't look TOO difficult *fingers crossed* i'll try it this weekend.

ChelWren
11-30-2005, 10:50 PM
How do you get the straws to stay? It says use pins but how? Sorry, I'm slow. Do I use bobbi pins and slide it on one end of the straw and hair? Do I have to use end papers and setting lotion? Thanks.

Chelci

mixed_with_confused_hair
12-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm like Chelci do I need to use pins on the rollers themselves and will this style work on any hair type. You can look in my album to see my length

hootergrlchgo
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
HELLO EVERY ONE I AM NEW TO THIS SITE SO FORGIVE ME IF I POSTED THIS MESSAGE WRONG OR ON THE WRONG PAGE IM STILL LEARNING. MY NAME IS ANITRA I HAVE SHOULDER LENGTH PERMED HAIR AND I AM INTERSTED IN A STRAW SET CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW OR WILL IT EVEN LOOK RIGHT ON PERMED HAIR. :unsure:

Daughter-of-Diaspora
02-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Greetings hootergrlchgo,

This board is exclusively for the care or nappy hair.

You may want to do a search to find a board geared toward relxd hair.

You are however, encouraged to continue to check us out and come on over to the nappy side! Your hair will luv you for it!!!

You will find it refreshing how many beautiful styles you can do on natural hair.

Whitley Gilbert
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Hello Hootergrlchgo,

Check the link above posted by Pyogazel. The person getting the straw set in the pic has what appears to be straight hair although it can be done on natural and straight hair.

Are you interested in transitioning with this style? You should check out the transitioners section, lots of people are using this style and others to transition to natural hair.

Welcome to the board, You can learn a lot about natural hair, it's versitility, and how to maintain it here.

:)