PDA

View Full Version : Dry Scalp

lilnappyhededgrl
08-08-2004, 10:02 PM
my youngest son has braidlocs his scalp is very dry if anyone has any suggestions on how to combat this problem i would appreciate it. i have been putting the "jamaican mango and lime loc gro grease" on it but not helping i brought some aloe vera gel to see if that helps. it is not ringworms i took him to the dr they said it wasn't . all suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance

nikki

Llyons
08-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Have you tried the ACV rinse? When I first started locing, I was having problems w/ dry scalp. I used the ACV rinse and noticed a difference w/ the 1st use.

marissasensei
08-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Ditto the ACV rinse suggestion.

Also, Aveda's Scalp Remedy (tonic) works really well for me too, although it is a bit more $$$ than the ACV.

freedai
08-15-2004, 01:34 AM
i've heard about the Aveda Scalp Remedy and i plan on trying this out because my scalp gets very dry. But how often do you use the rinse? Aveda recomends twice a week. so in between do you spritz your hair daily with water for moisture, or is there some type of oil? my hair tends to suck up most oils. it probably has a lot to do with it being the summer time. I don't remember having this problem in the winter.

thanks

marissasensei
08-15-2004, 05:33 AM
I use the ACV rinse after every shampoo and the scalp remedy every 2-3 days between shampoos. Because the scalp remedy is a little $$$, I use it as a spot treatment, instead of applying it to my entire scalp.

For moisture, I spritz my hair between washings, either w/ Black Earth's Bodifier Mist (diluted) or a mixture of distilled water and a hair oil.

freedai
08-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Thank you marissasensei.