PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Any Couscous Recipes?

Saundus
08-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I bought some, thinking it was something else. However, now I would really like to try it. I love to try different things.

TIA

divajag
08-19-2004, 03:37 AM
I have not cooked this yet, but I will definitely try this recipe soon.

Vegetable Couscous (http://sidedish.allrecipes.com/az/VgtblCscs.asp)

Here are some recipes from allrecipes.com.

More Couscous Recipes from allrecipes.com (http://search.allrecipes.com/recipe/quick.asp?q1=vegetable+couscous&qwt=1&siteid=52&srt=1&x=7&y=6)

If you try any of these dishes, let us know how it turned out.

:thumbsup

afrokaur
08-22-2004, 04:58 AM
I like to take plain couscous and cook it with hot pinaepplejuice instead of water.. then add lime zest and orange zest

or cook it with water but add lots of red and yellow peppers.

I also like to cook it with cumin, red pepper flakes, onions, garlic then add fresh cilantro once it's dished up. It gives it a southwestern taste.

Saundus
08-31-2004, 02:58 AM
Thanks ladies. I will bump it up again when I try it.

KinkyCoils
09-01-2004, 01:50 AM
Ooooh couscous is sooo good. I had it for the first time last month at this natural hair/natural living gathering I attend and one of the members made it. Anyway, I just bought some the other day and can't wait to make some myself.

Saundus
09-03-2004, 02:44 AM
I agree KC. I tried it for the first time and I was hoping it wouldn't turn out a disaster. It DIDN'T!!

This is the recipe I used

Title: Mediterranean Couscous
Categories:
Yield: 1 Servings

1 c Chicken broth
1 ts Dried basil
1 cl Garlic
3/4 c Couscous; uncooked
1 1/2 tb Balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 ts Olive oil
1/4 ts Pepper
1/8 ts Salt
3/4 c Seeded, chopped, unpeeled
.tomato

Bring chicken broth, basil and garlic to a boil.
Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let
stand 5 minutes.

Combine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt well.

Fluff couscous with fork, combine with dressing
and tomato.

The contrast in the taste was phenomenal. I put the vinaigrette dressing in the seasoned couscous and put the diced tomatoes on the side. The rest of the meal was grilled boneless chicken breasts and corn.

I used Hunt's canned dice tomatoes with onions and tomato sauce. I don't buy fresh tomatoes because I don't eat them often.

I highly recommend this recipe. :thumbsup

vinny_46
09-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Not exactly, but I had some delishious couscous.

I got the box from the grocery store. The brand is Near East sidedish and the flavor was Roasted Garlic. :(hu