PDA

View Full Version : Contact with the Spirit World

MsNikki
01-28-2003, 01:50 AM
Has anyone ever or knows someone who has had contact with the spirit world?

A lot of people in my family have the gift of "sight". Maybe it's a curse, I don't know. But anyway, a lof of us have the ability to see things that are not of this earth. My mother has been visited by demons on many occasions and I was also visited by one, but I've blocked out the encounter. I can't remember a thing about the encounter, but my family does. It happened when I was about 4 years old. At that same age, I do remember dreaming about hell on numerous occasions. My family has so many stories and when they all get together the same stories come up. People have seen black dogs appear out of nowhere. My brother saw a statue come to life. My mother, while living on an army base was visited by a faceless black demon every morning. He would press down on her chest and try to smother her. My uncle had a demon visit him at his apartment in New York. He said that his dogs went crazy when the thing appeared. My uncle refuses to describe the thing to me. He says that it was just horrible. My mother heard something walking the upstairs hallway the night before I was hit by a car. I was hit by a car across the street from our church when I was 2 years old. My sister says right before I was hit she went downstairs to use the church bathroom and heard all kinds of unnatural noises. She was so scared that she went to the bathroom right on the basement floor. There are just too many stories to even talk about.

Is there a reason as to why my family is frequently visited by spirits, mainly evil ones? My family is deeply rooted in the church, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it...I don't know.

LotsOfLocs
01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Have you thought about doing research or seeking spiritual counseling from someone who is skilled in that area who could maybe give you advise about spiritual and psychic protection?

GalaxyGirl2010
01-28-2003, 02:38 PM
aww nikki dont be scurred....sometimes people can manifest their fears in physical forms. maybe being so deeply rooted in the church you guys are sort of implanting a subconscious fear of the demons and things that go bump in the night :wink:

ive had tons of contact with spirit world and when i first started id see horrible stuff too, but i think that had more to do with me sort of facing my fears and having the faith to move through that because there is at least one part of us that fears/wants to avoid the spiritual side of things. i think that for me that was what i was having to get through. after finally gettimg over the fear of the unknown everything is kool and the gang for me...so really there isnt anything that you should worry about fear feeds into itself so the more afraid you are the worse those manifesttaions could get, so id suggest whenever you see them look at them and try to discover what has caused you to have those fears.. once you do this then i bet you wont see them anymore :P

my cats go crazy too whenever spirits are around...especially when they see the orbs cuz they try to chase them around and catch them :o

also locs suggestion of spiritual protection is great. im really not one for amulets or anything, because i believe that it's all in the intention, so it can be as easy as visualizing an aura of silvery white light around you.. also if when this happens you get too scared call on a higher source to help you out, i particularly like archangel michael

i hope this helps :-)

LotsOfLocs
01-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Keeping water and a cactus near your front door absorbs negative energy. There are a lot of simple things that can be done/some not so simple(B careful!). If something is really bothering you, just do some research.

MsNikki
01-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I completely forgot to point out that I sleep with The Holy Bible under my pillow. I've been doing this for almost 20 years. I went away for a month on business and I took the hotel Bible from the nightstand and put it under my pillow. It's just something that I don't even think about, it's a habit.

That whole thing started when I couldn't sleep when I was about 11 years old. My mother suggested that I put the Bible under my pillow and I've been okay ever since. She also made crosses with blessed oil over all of the doorways in my apartment.

That research thing is a very good idea because I'm always wondering...why my family?

Buttacup
01-28-2003, 07:11 PM
My aunt burns frankincense and Muir(rocks on charcoal)every day, or when ever she feels an evil presences or vibe in her house. I've done this when I first move in an apartment, or I'm not feeling so 'at home' in my house, or when I feel that someone has left a negative impression. It's supposed to repel the sprits and/or vibes....It's also said that if a person is totally repulsed by the smell they are consumed by evil ways and thoughts.

If anyone uses this method I recommend they have good ventilation, and unplug the smoke detector for a while :D

GalaxyGirl2010
01-28-2003, 07:42 PM
My aunt burns frankincense and Muir(rocks on charcoal)every day, or when ever she feels an evil presences or vibe in her house.
If anyone uses this method I recommend they have good ventilation, and unplug the smoke detector for a while :D...

lol no kidding buttacup.. that reminds of the christmas masses catholic church has and the priests swings that aromatherapy infuser thingie on a chain around.. that has frankinsense and mur in it too.. that stuff is strong but kinda spicy.. i like it

nikki you asked why your family, i hope i dont sound rude but it sounds like you guys have alot of fear based beliefs about spirituality. i honestly believe that things happen as you believe they will, so if you think something;s out to get you then there is: your belief that something's out to get you

MsNikki
01-28-2003, 07:59 PM
No, you don't sound rude, GalaxyGirl. I just got finished talking to my uncle and he said that if you don't believe in it, then it's not going to happen to you. He also had to remind me of all of the good things that people have seen. One of my aunts saw what appeared to be an angel. This same uncle slept in a bed that was once owned by his deceased aunt. The bed would rock him to sleep every single night.

He also told me today that Satan will always test God's soldiers. I truly believe that. I also believe that this ability is a "gift". I experience de ja vue on a regular basis. It's too strong of a feeling to deny the truth of it's existence. I just have to release my fear and move on.

I have another question. Have any of you experienced paralysis while in a sem-dream state? This used to happen to me quite often and I was always afraid. I wasn't able to speak or move my legs or arms. I believe there is a scientific term for this, but I'm not sure.

MsNikki
01-28-2003, 08:03 PM
We really need to talk GalaxyGirl. I have soooo many questions for you that I really don't know where to begin.

GalaxyGirl2010
01-28-2003, 08:29 PM
yes yes yes on the sleep paralysis nikki.. i have no idea what that's about it's sort of like your mind is awake but your body really isnt :?: that usually happens to me before i have an out of body experience.

i get the deja vu's too oit's always funny cuz it'll be something like a conversation that i have with a friend then 5 minutes later we'll start the same conversation and then ill say something like "didnt we just talk about that 5 minutes ago?" lol of course i look like an idiot especially to people who dont know that im "special" lol..

i say release the fears cuz nothing can hurt you. it's good to have things to fall back on. Like i will either call out for one of my guides, archangel michael or mt great granny cuz i loved me some her :D if something doesnt feel right

if you have questions please feel free to ask.. im still learnign alot of stuff and most of what ive learned is through trial and error like how to stop seeing the nasty things lol

afrikankween
01-28-2003, 08:37 PM
[quote]I completely forgot to point out that I sleep with The Holy Bible under my pillow. I've been doing this for almost 20 years. I went away for a month on business and I took the hotel Bible from the nightstand and put it under my pillow. It's just something that I don't even think about, it's a habit.

That whole thing started when I couldn't sleep when I was about 11 years old. My mother suggested that I put the Bible under my pillow and I've been okay ever since. She also made crosses with blessed oil over all of the doorways in my apartment.

That research thing is a very good idea because I'm always wondering...why my family?

are you getting your swerve on with the bible under your pillow?

MsNikki
01-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Afrikanqween, only you would ask that question!

My answer to your question is yes, but only at the start. Once we really get into it, I never end up with my head on the pillow. I like to lay flat on the bed when I'm gettin' my swerve on.

afrikankween
01-29-2003, 06:26 AM
[quote]Afrikanqween, only you would ask that question!

My answer to your question is yes, but only at the start. Once we really get into it, I never end up with my head on the pillow. I like to lay flat on the bed when I'm gettin' my swerve on.
and you wonder why seeing crazy ish

lmao

j/k

Medusa Negrita
01-29-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm lost, what wrong with getting bizzy with a bible under your pillow? It's just a book - right? If it hold religious significance to you, then still - what's the prob? Sex is not dirty and indeed a 'sacred' part of being who you are and what you are. Now if your fornicating or adulterating, then you are not following the rules of (whatever) you claim to believe, and I think that more on than some book. But if say....if your married and sexin with a bible under your pillow, what's the big deal? It's only sex :?

MsNikki
01-30-2003, 06:46 AM
I's married now!

But, if I wasn't, I probably still wouldn't think about that Bible underneath my pillow. I have a one-track mind when I'm doin' the do.

Buttacup
01-30-2003, 07:29 PM
[quote]I's married now!

But, if I wasn't, I probably still wouldn't think about that Bible underneath my pillow. I have a one-track mind when I'm doin' the do.

LOL :lol: That's what I'm talking about

khamedra19
02-03-2003, 06:13 PM
yes yes yes on the sleep paralysis nikki.. i have no idea what that's about it's sort of like your mind is awake but your body really isnt :?: that usually happens to me before i have an out of body experience.

BANG! You hit it right on the nose. The sleep paralysis is the precursor to an OBE. I've had several of them and I have had sleep paralysis every time except once. That time, I ascended in a much different way.

winnie
02-03-2003, 08:29 PM
[quote]

I have another question. Have any of you experienced paralysis while in a sem-dream state? This used to happen to me quite often and I was always afraid. I wasn't able to speak or move my legs or arms. I believe there is a scientific term for this, but I'm not sure.

MsNikki,

In layman's terms, this sleep paralysis that you speak of happens every time you sleep. It's to keep you from moving during the REM stae. Sometimes though you can regain consicousness while your body is still immotile. It's nothing to be worried about, it's a natural thing. If it's getting to the point where you aren't able to get a good nights rests there are medical treatments that can be done.

As for the other stuff, well let's just say your family sounds a lot like mine. My mom sees stuff all of the time and they've pretty much been benevolent. Once she lived in this apartment, and a spirit tapped her on her shoulder and told her not to worry, that none of them were mean and would hurt her. He told her his name also. He said that they just liked to party. Whenever they'd cut up too bad, she'd ask them to be quiet and they'd stop. I'm lucky b/c most of my stuff happens in dreams. Unfortunately, it's usually when someone is in danger or going to die. I also get premonitions when I'm awake, especially when I touch someone. Anyway, my sister, aunts, and cousins all share this same stuff. If you want to talk more, pm me.

starchild
02-11-2003, 03:17 PM
[quote]I completely forgot to point out that I sleep with The Holy Bible under my pillow. I've been doing this for almost 20 years. I went away for a month on business and I took the hotel Bible from the nightstand and put it under my pillow. It's just something that I don't even think about, it's a habit.

are you getting your swerve on with the bible under your pillow?

omg!! :shock: , i was thinking the exact same thing!!!! :D :lol:

starchild
02-11-2003, 03:21 PM
OMG ya'll i thought i was the only one.... My grandmother told me about this witch riding her all night long. I could not understand what she meant but a met a girl from mississippi and she experiences that as well and but she call it devil riding. She would have the paralyisis and she would say a prayer and it would go away. My sister had the same thing.

I don't see spirits but i can sense they are there. I have shut those emotios out cause i believe have prophesy. 2 people has told me that. one a christian and one who practies vudun.

I am really psych about this and i wanna know more but am not spirtually ready.

lovinblackness
02-13-2003, 10:31 PM
I have had lots of contact. Some of my earliest memories are of the 'haunted' house we lived in. And do you know those darn fool haints had the NERVE to follow us when we moved! :lol:

Every night at 9 o'clock someone would knock at the door but no one would be there. Sometimes a white hand would put itself over my face when I tried to sleep at night. Silverware in the middle of our large dinning room table would slide from the center of the table and off. Pictures would fall down. Once our neighboor came over to use the toilet because hers was clogged up. A minute or so later she ran out screaming with her pants down SWEARING something reached up from the toilet and rubbed her booty. That story is an old family favorite. When we finally left that house we had some strange happenings in our new one but they didnt last long.

The first house that we lived in after I got married had a malevolent spirit. We later found out that a pastor who lived there before us had been convicted of child molestation and if you looked up into the window of teh attic (which was mysteriously sealed off even though there was furniture there) there was a noose that was visible through the window. The house also had a VERY strange design and I believe the pastor was delving into some serious evil in that house and some awful things happened. Anyway that 'thing' made its presence known and tried to scare my husband and I away. Neither of us is particularly afraid of these things though and I think that helped us. My husband did do some prayers to rid us of its presence and it calmed down but I don't think it left. We did leave the house later though just because it did not suit our needs. His ex wife lived in it for a while after us, her presence is enough to scare any damn thing lol.

afrikankween
02-13-2003, 10:45 PM
We did leave the house later though just because it did not suit our needs. His ex wife lived in it for a while after us, her presence is enough to scare any damn thing lol.
LMAO