PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Goals!

tran68
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
The year is almost over, have you achieved the financial goals you set for yourself? Have you started thinking about your goals for next year?

My primary goal this year was to pay off my car, and I'm 3 payments away (actually it was last year's goal :duck but I got tired of saying no to myself and my kids so I just made the payments as scheduled rather than doubling up) so I feel like we've had enuf FUN and now I can get these last payments out the way and be DONE! :d) I know folk say you will always have a car note but not me....I don't care whether my car is shiny and new as long as it's reliable and gets good gas mileage I'll be paying cash for my next one or O interest, car note interest is not something I'm interested in paying again.

mochacaremel
08-18-2004, 04:42 PM
My husband and I have collective goals...that's why I will use "our" in this post.

Our future goals are: to pay off our brand new 2004 Nissan Quest in 3 years instead of 5. (We had the baby and got suckered in by the car man's safety spiel-oh well)

To owe not one single soul by 2007, when we will be headed back to the States. (with my B.A. degree in hand)

To get back on the fully agressive investing track in all areas, college, retirement, long term elderly care fund, etc. Which means ALL STOCKS for us! We are young enough that we can afford the risk, if anything happens we have many years worth of work left in us to recoup. But if it works in our favor, we have just retired early! I am not risk averse in the slightest at this point in time. That is greatly due to our low debt to income ratio.

That's all I have for this year, next year and the year after that. I am pretty happy in terms of staying on track with financial goals.

Mocha

tjolims
08-18-2004, 09:30 PM
To save up enough money for a significant down payment on a used car.(1500 +)

To invest in CD's or bonds as my Christmas present to myself.

To pay every single bill on time, every time.

bruinhotty
08-18-2004, 10:53 PM
By the end of this year I want to have my Discover Card paid off. By next year I would LOVE to have my VISA paid off (which I used to transfer most of the Discover Card debt).

elleebeme5
08-19-2004, 01:34 AM
- I owe Visa less than $1000; I won't say what I owed this time last year -LOL

- I'm consistently tithing off the gross.

- I'm opening a supplemental retirement plan.

- My car is practically a Model - T so it's time to think about another one. I've opened a credit union account into which I'm placing the amount that expect to be my monthly payment. That way, when my ModelT finally dies, I'll have the down payment and I won't miss the money when the payments begin.

Lagina
08-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Goals for 04 almost there,

Stuffing the IRA and 401k ( trying to get the max in there)
Watching stocks go up and down without sweating too much at night. (gotta lose a little to gain alot right)
Suppose to buy a car this year, but still can't decide on what to get. (Since an A6 is out of the question trying to live below my means a.k.a net worth does not = self worth camry again or es300 ;-) )

Next year massive saving for the condo (hopefully I can get half the cost by mid 06).
Get ready to leave the nest for good.

Continue to LIVE BELOW MY MEANS!! <--Anthem for me for 05!

BestNatural
08-22-2004, 12:29 AM
The rest of my year goal would be since the company I work for has turned our 401k money back to us. To Roll it over and join my new company&#39;s plan. (which does not start until next January) The money I used to place in my 401k will go to my savings to boost it up.
To give God what&#39;s His. It about time!

:rainfro

Trula
08-22-2004, 08:35 AM
My main goal for 2004 was having at least 6 months of living expenses in my savings account. I am not close to it but getting there. Another goal was to open an IRA account, which I did.

CarolinaAfro
08-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I&#39;m a little behind due to money I had to put out to get my car fixed...but...

- One more payment on one in-store charge card and I&#39;m done with that one

- My furniture WILL be paid off by the end of the year...If I do I won&#39;t get hit with any interest (18 months same as cash) So even if I have to spend the last two months of the year eating Roman Noddles that durn living room set will be paid for :lol

- After I finish my furniture I hope to have my other store charge card paid off with 2 months

- My visa won&#39;t be paid off - but I am making a dent in it...again I am sending pretty big payment (for me anyway) to the furniture people some once that&#39;s done I&#39;ll be able to send visa 2x as much as I&#39;m sending them already.

mellow
08-27-2004, 08:27 PM
My goal for this year was to pay off (and close!) my Best Buy account. As of today, that&#39;s done!

By next June, I plan to have raised my credit score by 50 points putting me in the 700 range.

My plan was to pay off my car early too, but when I did the calculations, I would only finish 2 months early (July 06) so I&#39;m not going to kill myself trying to finish early.

By 2008, I WILL BE DEBT FREE (my mantra) :thumbsup

Cia
08-28-2004, 11:06 PM
WOW I just saw this section today...great!

So far I&#39;m on track with my financial goals of 2004. There were to;

1- Become debt free...then I bought a used car.... :doh

2- Save up at least 6 months of emergency living expenses. By the end of the year I will have that completed. I&#39;m all open to a nice place to stash that money.

3- Buy a town house. Now all I have to do is force my self to start packing...gotta be out by the end of the month. :huh

Jazitones
08-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Pay IRS off! I will do better in &#39;05.

China
08-29-2004, 04:45 PM
My goals for 2004 were:

-to pay off my Mastercard: I sent the final payment off two weeks ago!

-to pay off Dell within a year (those finance charges were ridiculous!): I sent final payment to them two weeks ago as well! It also only took 7 months. I plan to call tomorrow and close the account.

-to save up 4-6 months emergency income: Not going so good. I&#39;ve only got one month saved so far.

-open an additional retirement account, separate from employer: Havent done so yet. I&#39;m not giving up though.

-start saving for car: Just started saving for car!

-pay off all minor debts: I sent off all these checks a couple of weeks ago too!

-to pay off loan from my aunt: I&#39;ve paid almost 40% of it back so far. I plan to send two bulk payments to her before the year is out.

freelyme2
08-31-2004, 02:48 PM
My Goals for 2004:
Wanted to get debt payed off which I only have 400 more dollars left to pay

Started to pay off my student loan

Get my credit and credit score back up...i want to open up my own salon and hopefully buy a house.

Want to put more money into my IRA

Car is on its last wheel so now I am trying to save up to by a used car.

So far I am doing well so hopefully next year things will be alot smoother.