PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been to amazon salon in chicago?

rcg196
01-28-2003, 04:39 AM
If so, what did you have done? What did you think of the results? What were the prices like?

rcg

ChicagoFro
01-29-2003, 02:18 AM
Yeah I went there to get Kinky Twist extentions. Price:$450.

I left. I later learned how to braid myself and now, I do my own hair. 8)

candigirl
01-30-2003, 06:12 PM
$450 :!: :!: Are they crazy :?: I guess I won't be trying them out. My pockets won't allow me to pay that kind of money for a hairdo, and even if they did I don't want to pay that much.

Tami2shoes
01-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Their braiding services are steep, but the price for trims, and deep conditioning is comparable to other natural salons at $30 and up.

Kinkygirl
02-02-2003, 05:51 AM
A friend of mine paid 1,000 (yeah that's what I said and that's what she said) for the fusion treatment where strands of hair are glued (?) to strands of your hair. One. thousand. dollars.

Bump that. There prices are more than steep they are positively outrageous and price gouging.

KinkyG

rcg196
02-05-2003, 03:15 AM
Doh! Those prices are a bit much for me. Thanks for the replies, ladies!

TaniaInChi
02-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Yes, I got kinky twist extensions at amazon. My stylist was extremely slow and made the twists in the back significantly larger than they were in the front. The first person I saw after I got my twists done said "they are a lot bigger in the back". The breaks she took were too long, but she was actually better than the other stylists. Many of the others stopped to make 30-40 minute phone calls. Another girl was getting kinky twists that weren't even chin length and she was there for about 12 hours. My appointment was at 10, but my stylist didnt arrive til 11. As a matter of fact, there were 3 other women scheduled for appointments at 10. We were there, but the first stylist arrived at 10:30. Overall, my experience was horrible and I could go on. I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone else. If anyone could suggest a good natural salon in Chicago, please share

Kinkygirl
02-13-2003, 07:59 AM
Dang!

I'm so glad you posted that experience. In the back of my mind I always held out that I might try and go to Amazon's at least once to get first rate natural hair care but not after reading what happened to you. I dont need to pay anybody the kind of money that they are asking for just be be treated like that. That is simply ridiculous. Scratching Amazon's off of my list as of today. Thanks.

I have a bunch pieces of paper for natural hair salons everywhere because everytime I see somebody's hair that I like and that looks good I ask them where they got it done. The last nice set of locs that I saw were done by the Three Tribesman salon. I dont know what their prices are, though. I'm getting to a point where I just dont even want to bother coughing up money just to have somebody wash and condition my natural hair when, with a bit of pratice, I can learn to do it myself. It's not like permed hair where I needed an expert hand to cut and layer it. It's natural hair and I'm going to learn to work it. I've got better things to do with my money.

KinkyG