PDA

View Full Version : Body Scrubs

Melanizm
08-24-2004, 04:06 AM
I was in Bath & Body Works yesterday and I picked up this product called "Mocha My Day" It's a body scrub that uses ground coffee as the exfoliating agent. The lady at the store asked me if I wanted to try it out and I did. It was AMAZING. I used it on my hands and upper arms and as soon as I rinsed it off my skin felt a lot smoother. Unlike a lot of other scrubs it lathers too. The smell is really great too...it smells like a Mocha Frappacino from Starbucks)

I also love The Body Shop's Cocoabutter Body Scrub. I think the exfoliating agent is ground walnut or hazelnut shells. It smells like cookies and leaves me soft everytime. I think I prefer these types of srubs rather than the salt or sugar scrubs because they last longer in the shower. The sugar and salt tends to dissolve in the warm water.

So what's your favorite? Anyone making their own scrubs?

southerncurl
08-24-2004, 12:08 PM
I use the St ives apricot scrub on my face and body.
occasionally I use epsom salts as a scrub on dry skin, it really works good.

I just started using this microdermabrasion sponge I got off Ebay and it's really good,

Curlysaurus
08-24-2004, 03:26 PM
I love Totally Juicy Hot Sugar Scrub in apple (from the drugstore) for the body. For the face, I use Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub, which is gentle.

starryeye
08-25-2004, 11:23 PM
I love the totally juicy scubs both of them apple and grapefruit! I go through tons of it and buy two at a time.

St. Ives Apricot I use on face and in the shower

and...I like to use burt bee's citrus scrub on my face, my face feels conditioned after I use this because there is not any soap in it.

NianmaNappi
08-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by southerncurl@Aug 24 2004, 08:08 AM
I use the St ives apricot scrub on my face and body.

Man that stuff is sooooo good...I also use Freeman's brand of scrubs Raspberry scrub for the body and the Bare Feet formula (smells wonderful and works like a charm....

Natural Kinks
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I used St. Ives for years until I started making my own - in part because St. Ives has SLS in it and I KNEW that I didn't need such a strong cleansing agent on my face. I feel you on regular sugar dissolving too quickly and not being as effective. So I picked up some turbinado sugar from a health food store - the crystals are much bigger and it doesn't dissolve at all. I put it in a base of aloe vera gel and add a few drops of lavendar oil and it is DIVINE!

gigglezk
08-26-2004, 06:27 PM
well i don't know if it was because i was pregnant or what. but the st. ives apricot body scrub broke me out badly. my skin was so red and itchy. so now i don't use anything for scrubs. but i do want to try the body shop's cocoabutter body scrub. sounds super yummy

W8N2XHL
08-27-2004, 02:05 AM
I love Nubian Heritage Mango body scrub, the body butter, the body lotion, the body wash. Heck, I love the whole mango line..

JustKei
08-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I dont normally do body scrubs but the other day I picked up the B&B works blue scrub with shea butter beads. It worked great.....

Gacela20
08-30-2004, 02:43 AM
I actually like sugar scrubs. Right now I'm enjoying the BodyShop's Papaya Sugar scrub. I tend to prefer fruity scents for skin and hair products.

rkj223
09-02-2004, 03:27 PM
I just used The Body Shop's Africa Spa Body Scrub (http://www.usa.thebodyshop.com/web/tbsus/products/us_products_detail.jsp?curr_category=TBSUS_bath_af ricaspa&parent_category=TBSUS_bath&itemID=TBSUS2827&is_mac=false).

It left my skin soft (used it to shave). The scent is rather non-descript.

teekydawg
09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
i make my own with fine sea salt, olive oil, mango butter and some lemon e.o. it leaves my skin soft and moisturized.

Sweet Epiphany
09-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Question: Can you use exfoliators on your face?

caribvibes
09-06-2004, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't use an exfoliator on my face, because it would strip too much moisture from my face.

If I have too much dead skin on my face, I would use a facial scrub and a washcloth. I love the Loreal Line of facial products. I use daily the Ideal Combination line. If needed I use the scrub from that line.

I love to use the Dove exfoliating Body scrub or soap and a body poof.

HTH

Melanizm
09-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweet Epiphany@Sep 5 2004, 08:59 PM
Question: Can you use exfoliators on your face?
I only use exfoliators made for the face. The body shop has a range of facial exfoliators. I've used the grapeseed kind, the soy & calendula kind, and their jojoba kind (now discontinued :mad ) They all were pretty gentle but effective. Some use ground nut shells as the exfoliator and some use those fine little beads. All the ones I've used worked though.

You can also use a facial brush to exfoliate. They sell them at lots of places were they sell bath and body stuff. I have a picture of them in my product album in the skin care section.

CocoaButterflyy
09-07-2004, 02:06 AM
I use Totally Juicy Hot Sugar Scrub in Grapefruit and Sea-Spa Dead Sea Salts with Eucalyptis Oil

Sweet Epiphany
09-08-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Sep 7 2004, 01:16 AM
I only use exfoliators made for the face. The body shop has a range of facial exfoliators. I've used the grapeseed kind, the soy & calendula kind, and their jojoba kind (now discontinued :mad ) They all were pretty gentle but effective. Some use ground nut shells as the exfoliator and some use those fine little beads. All the ones I've used worked though.

You can also use a facial brush to exfoliate. They sell them at lots of places were they sell bath and body stuff. I have a picture of them in my product album in the skin care section.
Thanks in bundles! :thumbsup (this goes to you too caribvibes 8)