PDA

View Full Version : Must Sing Praises For Neutrogena Skin Care Line

thighslikewhat
09-02-2004, 06:25 PM
First up let me say this. I have VERY sensitive skin. I don't get acne too often but boy does my skin get irritated for any lil thing. I've tried prosucts specifically for sensitive skin in the past and they've actually caused breakouts. I tried Yves Rocher product which were GREAT but ordering all the way from France started gaining on my neves. So I resolved to just use ivory becaue it was the purest form of soap I could find. Recently, I noticed the ivory didn't irritate my skin but it wasn't cleanising my skin the way I wanted. I had blackheads and my skin tone wasn't the best I thought it could be. Then came the Neutrogena commercials with Gabrielle Union. Usuaully, I don't fall for things like that but I was like hey let me give this a shot. So I bought the Sensitive Skin Face wash for oily skin and Deep Cleanser mask. About a month later I have no complaints. I tried the toner for a while but that seemed like it was irritating my skin. I don't really need it though cause my face looks so much more toned now from the cleanser alone. My complexion is clearer and I must give this product an A+

mrandmrsmer
09-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Cool. I am currently using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, and was using the toner, also, but I ran out of the toner a while ago and hadn't bought any since. It's not really clearing up my skin, but keeping the breakouts somewhat at bay. I, too, have very sensitive skin. I can't even use body washes or perfumed soaps because either the same day or the next day, I'll have a nasty, red rash on my skin. UGH.

I may try the sensitive skin face wash and Deep Cleanser mask. Do you use the face wash once or twice a day? Do you use the regular deep clean mask or the cream cleanser mask, and how often do you use the mask? Thanks for the info, thighs. :thumbsup

Mrs. Mer

thighslikewhat
09-03-2004, 02:14 AM
I use the Sensitive Skin Solutions for Oily Skin Oil Free foaming cleanser twice a day. The trick for me is using the little cotton circles. It leaves my skin feeling cleaner. I also use the blackkead Eliminating Treatment mask once or twice a week as well for my t-zone areas (chin, forehead and nose) I use the Deep clean Mask once a week because I think if I use it too much my skin will get irrittated.

mrandmrsmer
09-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by thighslikewhat@Sep 2 2004, 09:14 PM
I use the Sensitive Skin Solutions for Oily Skin Oil Free foaming cleanser twice a day. The trick for me is using the little cotton circles. It leaves my skin feeling cleaner. I also use the blackkead Eliminating Treatment mask once or twice a week as well for my t-zone areas (chin, forehead and nose) I use the Deep clean Mask once a week because I think if I use it too much my skin will get irrittated.
Thanks for the info, TLW. :)

AJoyrnee
09-08-2004, 10:10 PM
I must also sing praises. LOL Because I love myself some FeePee advice and her complexion is beautiful...but my face responds to Neutrogena a lot better than Black soap or shea butter.

LOL

I'm currently using Neutrogena's ClearSpot (or something to that effect) that doubles as a mask also. I love the Deep Cleanser clay mask.

I've also found that washing my hands before I clean my face and also steaming my face has helped a great deal in clearing up this flare up I've gotten recently.

For moisturizer I use the Oil-Free Moisturizer by Neutrogena.

Neutrogena is one of the very few commercial products that I do trust; Oil of Olay has done quite well with me when I used it. I used the cleasning cloths.

It's all what works for your skin and what suits you. I'm getting the results that I've been seeking for the past month and some days!

:rainfro

thighslikewhat
09-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by AJoyrnee@Sep 8 2004, 10:10 PM
I must also sing praises. LOL Because I love myself some FeePee advice and her complexion is beautiful...but my face responds to Neutrogena a lot better than Black soap or shea butter.

LOL

I'm currently using Neutrogena's ClearSpot (or something to that effect) that doubles as a mask also. I love the Deep Cleanser clay mask.

I've also found that washing my hands before I clean my face and also steaming my face has helped a great deal in clearing up this flare up I've gotten recently.

For moisturizer I use the Oil-Free Moisturizer by Neutrogena.

Neutrogena is one of the very few commercial products that I do trust; Oil of Olay has done quite well with me when I used it. I used the cleasning cloths.

It's all what works for your skin and what suits you. I'm getting the results that I've been seeking for the past month and some days!

:rainfro
Yes, on the back of the cleanser it does suggest you was our hands first. Isn't the clay mask the best!!!!!

So ou like the moisturizer? I don't think my skin would react well to that. I am prone to oily skin. I don't think I need any more moisture

AJoyrnee
09-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Yes, on the back of the cleanser it does suggest you was our hands first. Isn't the clay mask the best!!!!!

So ou like the moisturizer? I don't think my skin would react well to that. I am prone to oily skin. I don't think I need any more moisture

The clay mask is WONDERFUL! Tight but WONDERFUL! :app

With the moisturizer, I've found that it regulates my skin better. After washing my face, I use witchhazel as my toner and Iuse up at least three huge cotton balls to mop any access oil or dirt that I didn't get...then I wash my face again. Because I use on-the-spot or ClearSpot treatment gel, I need moisturizer. Even having oily skin, I've found that this consistent routine leaves my skin well balanced.

Only two weeks after doing this routine, I don't have to do as much in one night.

Girl, my face just FEELS so much more healthier, which is the important thing, and I'm sticking to it! :)

thighslikewhat
09-11-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by AJoyrnee@Sep 11 2004, 04:18 AM

The clay mask is WONDERFUL! Tight but WONDERFUL! :app

With the moisturizer, I've found that it regulates my skin better. After washing my face, I use witchhazel as my toner and Iuse up at least three huge cotton balls to mop any access oil or dirt that I didn't get...then I wash my face again. Because I use on-the-spot or ClearSpot treatment gel, I need moisturizer. Even having oily skin, I've found that this consistent routine leaves my skin well balanced.

Only two weeks after doing this routine, I don't have to do as much in one night.

Girl, my face just FEELS so much more healthier, which is the important thing, and I'm sticking to it! :)
You know what, I keep reading that oily skin still needs moisturizer but I am so dern skeptical. :-? Maybe I will giveit a shot. Isn't there one for sensitive skin?

AJoyrnee
09-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Isn't there one for sensitive skin?

The moisturizer I use is Oil-Free moisturizer.

It's thin, non-greasy, spreads evenly, and it's formulated for oily-prone skin.

I don't ever use a lot to begin with b/c some oil-free moisturizers don't seem or feel quite so oil free! LOL However, this is the very first moisturizer that does what it says.

Lemme know how you like it! :-)

AJoyrnee

FemmGranGwav
09-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Interesting thread...

Has anyone tried the Visibly Even line?

I bought Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser and the Visibly Even Moisturizer ...I'll see how it works.

Here is the info on it:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin™ Visibly Even™ Foaming Cleanser gently exfoliates to refine skin texture for a more even-toned, radiant complexion.
This dermatologist-tested formula contains Vitamin C and Essential Soy™, a natural skin brightener clinically proven to deliver more even-toned, radiant skin. With gentle exfoliating beads, it also refines skin texture, washing away dirt and oil. Rinses cleanly without overdrying for clean, soft, smooth skin.

Add radiance and improve skin tone with every wash.

Non-irritating
Clean rinsing
Dermatologist tested
5.1 fl. oz. tube
Available in Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer, Exfoliating Body Wash and Foaming Cleanser
http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00252_00_lg.jpghttp://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00253_00_lg.jpg

I have sensitive OILY skin and I and wanted to prevent breakouts. I also have some dark spots so I wanted to use this? Will this work?

It says to use Neutrogena Visibly Even Spot treatment but I couldn't find it at Wal-mart.

FemmGranGwav
09-15-2004, 02:30 AM
They also recommend these for African-American Oily skin...I'm sooooooo confused!!

Oily skin tends to be more noticeable in African Americans because darker skin reflects light, making it appear shinier. Excess oil can lead to clogged pores, making this skin type prone to breakouts. Lather up twice a day with a soap-free gel cleanser like Oil-Free Acne Wash. Soak up excess shine with an astringent (such as Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent) or a mattifying lotion that goes on under makeup, like Pore Refining Mattifier.

Uneven skin tone is another problem many African Americans face. There are many causes for this, some of which are preventable. Picking or squeezing pimples can cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation—dark spots that can linger long after the blemish is gone. While the spots often fade on their own over time, you can speed up the process by using products that exfoliate your skin’s top layer, revealing new, more evenly toned skin beneath, says Dr. Battle.

If you’re pregnant or taking oral contraceptives and dark patches show up on your face, they could be the result of melasma, a condition caused by a mixture of hormones and sun exposure. If your skin develops lighter patches, a condition called vitiligo is the likely culprit. In either case, a dermatologist can offer various treatment options to even out your skin tone.

http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00018_00_lg.jpg
http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00069_00_lg.jpg
http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00033_00_lg.jpg

I LOOKED FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE AND DIDN'T FIND THEM...that's why I got the Visibly Even....

HELP ME!!!

thighslikewhat
09-16-2004, 04:51 AM
Ooh femm. You sound like me when I first discoved the neutrogena website. :lol I was driving myself crazy looking for the perfect products to make the perfect regimin. You said you have oily sensitive skin. Sounds like mine. That's why I bought the sensitive oily skin cleanser. The weekly masks freshen up my skin as well. I don't have dark spots but don't they have a cream specifically targeted for that? Go to drugstore.com they have ALL the skin care lines and ALL the products. Locally you can try target and wallgreens, even Winn Dixie. You won't find the whole line in stores but hey it's a start.

FemmGranGwav
09-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I thought I killed the thread!!

Thanks for your help!! I will try stores locally...if I don't find it around me I'll order from drugstore.com.

Laluna
09-17-2004, 01:42 AM
I've been using Neutrogena's Acne Cream Wash followed up with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face lotion for years...I get compliments on my skin is all the time. I don't use make up...unless you count lip balm...and I credit these products for my clear smooth complexion. Great stuff! :thumbsup

thighslikewhat
09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Ok so I didn't find the oil free moisturizer at Winn-Dixie (while shopping for yet ANOTHER hurricane :smug ) but I saw the one for sensitive skin and I got it. I used it after cleanseing my face yesterday before going to church. It was ok. It didn't leave my face looking like a big grease ball like I thought it would but my face was a lil shinier than it has been latelty while using the neutrogena products. So, I decided to switch up a bit. Last night I put on the moisturizer before going to sleep and this morning before going to school I didn't use any. I am pleased with the results