PDA

View Full Version : Mostly-water Mild Shampoo Recipe

honeychild
05-23-2003, 06:07 PM
so i had an almost-empty bottle of suave tropical coconut conditioner... probably had like a tablespoon or two left in it. i'd already added baking soda to it and used it to clarify last week.

so yesterday, i squeezed in about a tablespoon of dr. bronner's lavender castille soap, and added about a cup and a half of water to the mix. shook gently.

when i washed yesterday, i saturated my hair with water, poured this watery mixture through, close to my scalp and in three sections. it lathered up and rinsed so clean, so quickly; and my hair didn't feel at all dried out, just clean.

it didn't feel all slippery, either, which is a feeling i enjoy on occasion (like when i wash with creme of nature moisturizing detangling shampoo) so i brushed through afterwards with an intensive conditioner. i'm QUITE pleased with the results.

proportions are probably:
tablespoon of conditioner
tablespoon of castille soap
teaspoon of baking soda
1-2 cups of water.

afrikankween
05-24-2003, 04:00 AM
Do you think this would work well for locks?

naturalbeauty
05-26-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by honeychild@May 23 2003, 06:07 PM
so i had an almost-empty bottle of suave tropical coconut conditioner... probably had like a tablespoon or two left in it. i'd already added baking soda to it and used it to clarify last week.

so yesterday, i squeezed in about a tablespoon of dr. bronner's lavender castille soap, and added about a cup and a half of water to the mix. shook gently.

when i washed yesterday, i saturated my hair with water, poured this watery mixture through, close to my scalp and in three sections. it lathered up and rinsed so clean, so quickly; and my hair didn't feel at all dried out, just clean.

it didn't feel all slippery, either, which is a feeling i enjoy on occasion (like when i wash with creme of nature moisturizing detangling shampoo) so i brushed through afterwards with an intensive conditioner. i'm QUITE pleased with the results.

proportions are probably:
tablespoon of conditioner
tablespoon of castille soap
teaspoon of baking soda
1-2 cups of water.
I'll definitely give this a try :thumbsup: now that I'm wearing my hair, and not the extensions

Pookie25
06-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks! I actually have all those ingredients at home. ;)

notsonewleenappee
06-22-2003, 01:55 AM
Thanks for this recipe, honeychild! I'm gonna try this next week... :afro:

honeychild
06-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@May 24 2003, 12:00 AM
Do you think this would work well for locks?
kween, i think this recipe would be GREAT for locks. it lathered quick and rinsed really clean. if you tried it, i'd love to know what kind of results you got.