PDA

View Full Version : Shea Butter- What's Your Recipes?

KinkyCoils
05-25-2003, 10:43 PM
I did a search and couldn't find a topic that matched mine. So ladies, tell me, what's your shea butter mixtures/recipes?

*Note: This was topic on the old board, but I thought it would be cool to start it here so the ppl that weren't on the old board can get ideas and/or share.

jazzypom
05-26-2003, 12:15 PM
hmmm okay...

i tend to use shea butter for skin. I dont think i like it on my hair much, but i am working on a wax recipe.

but for skin - i got this idea from lush - they do alot of shea and cocoa butter prods that cost the earth (relatively so)

one part cocoa butter
one part shea butter
i/2 part pure coconut oil
ground aduki beans*
fave e.o.'s
cetaryl alcohol (to hold the thing together)
a soap mold (or, if ur cheap like me - a shallow plasic bowl or cup).

In a marie bain - or a glass container in boiling water - put butters and oils into cup. When melted, add ground aduki beans.

Pour stuff into soap mould, or cupcake tin, or shallow plastic cup. Before the stuff cools and hardens, add e.o.s

Put in fridge for 1/2 hour. Take out.

You can use it on your body in the shower as an exfoliator/massager. For those of you with crusty @ssed feet, rub on your soles and other jiggly bits. It exfoliates and moistens at the same time.

*aduki beans can be bought at the heath shop. Take them home, dump them on a tray and put in oven at a high temp for 10 mins. Then ground.
To get the course grains for your bar, shift. The fine powder can be used for washing and exfoliating your face.

Or -

mix one part shea butter with one part cocoa butter. Melt, add some glitter (mica can be gotten at hobby stores) before it cools. When cooled, you can rub it on your body - softness with sparkle.

Erm, does this help :huh:

naturalbeauty
05-29-2003, 02:34 PM
I made mine a while ago, but I believe I got it from recipes on nappturality.com. I measure with my "eye" ;) and my stuff turns out good actually.

Placed container in hot water, and added:
Shea butter
coconut
jojoba
almond
avocado
rosemary eo
Depending on what consistency you want, use the shea butter for that because it's the most solid one. Refrigerate until solid.

KinkyCoils
05-30-2003, 03:45 AM
These are really good recipes! Come on now, no one has anymore recipes to share?

Opportunitylocks
05-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Here's mine

Shea butter
herb mix oil ( africa's best or hot six oil) Can also add use any oil you like, i.e coconut, vitamin e, etc.
Glycerin
Leave in condionter- creamy not watery kind ( I used sabestian potion number 9 knock off from sally's)
olive oil
aloe vera gel

Cocopuff
05-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by jazzypom@May 26 2003, 12:15 PM
hmmm okay...

i tend to use shea butter for skin. I dont think i like it on my hair much, but i am working on a wax recipe.

but for skin - i got this idea from lush - they do alot of shea and cocoa butter prods that cost the earth (relatively so)

one part cocoa butter
one part shea butter
ground aduki beans*
fave e.o.'s

In a marie bain - or a glass container in boiling water - put butters and oils into cup. When melted, add ground aduki beans.

Pour stuff into soap mould, or cupcake tin, or shallow plastic cup. Before the stuff cools and hardens, add e.o.s

You can use it on your body in the shower as an exfoliator/massager. For those of you with crusty @ssed feet, rub on your soles and other jiggly bits. It exfoliates and moistens at the same time.

*aduki beans can be bought at the heath shop. Take them home, dump them on a tray and put in oven at a high temp for 10 mins. Then ground.
To get the course grains for your bar, shift. The fine powder can be used for washing and exfoliating your face.

Or -

mix one part shea butter with one part cocoa butter. Melt, add some glitter (mica can be gotten at hobby stores) before it cools. When cooled, you can rub it on your body - softness with sparkle.

mmm that sounds wonderfull :D

Queenheart3
06-01-2003, 03:02 PM
ΒΌ Cup Shea Butter
2 tablespoon Almond oil
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
10 Pills Vitamin E
1 tablespoon Jojoba oil

Mix together well. (You can heat the mixture to mix it better). Use daily on wet to semi wet hair to lock in moisture. Concentrate on the ends of hair.

QueenHeart3 :pumpheart:

decnewbie
06-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Ummm...I used a shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin E capsule mix with the following eo': lemongrass, sage and rosemary. I can't determine the amount of each, but the shea was used as the base ingredient.

CurlsWannaHaveFun
06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jazzypom@May 26 2003, 12:15 PM
hmmm okay...

one part cocoa butter
one part shea butter
ground aduki beans*
fave e.o.'s

Or -

Where do you find cetearyl alcohol?

jazzypom
06-07-2003, 10:24 AM
cetaryl alcohol can be bought in most health shops -its like a waxy module that binds things. You can also buy it online from such places like www.makeyourcosmetics.com and www.fromnaturewithlove.com.

in the uk i bought mine at neal's yard remedies.

CurlsWannaHaveFun
06-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks, jazzypom!