PDA

View Full Version : Can You Go Without Makeup For 2 Weeks?

vinny_46
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I have been having a lot of breakouts :
due to stress, moving, and being lazy (not washing my face every night, or not using toner)

Now, I don't wear tons of makeup, I have a pretty normal routine, though I rarely wear concealer.

But most people are surprised when I tell them that I wear makeup. For some reason, they never notice (I've had this comment since high school). :-?

So I figured, why do I bother to put on makeup everday? :-? Don't get me wrong, I can be a girly girl sometimes, so I like to put it on. I feel like it's part of my get ready for work routine.But I would like to clear up my skin before I get my new headshots, so laying off the makeup for awhile will do me good.

Know what I mean? Anyone else giving their skin a break? :-P

Jazitones
09-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I am a make-up fool, but I can also go without make for about 2 weeks. :doh

tran68
09-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I've never worn make-up.....every make up counter I ever visited they ended up making me look too theatrical or dead :huh so I've opted out of make up for years.....and I must think I look good without it, right? :razz

I've never been to a MAC counter but I've seen many a sista with my complexion who swear by their line simply because you don't end up with that "made up" look....I may try a lip liner, gloss, mascara and an eye shadow or somethin at some point.....

redhead1234
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't wear make-up. I do wear lip gloss, is that consider make-up?

Ketchup
09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
No problem.... 8)

Reflection Journey
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Yes i can considering i don't wear make up. :razz

queenhoney
09-09-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm too damn lazy to apply make-up every day 8) ! So, yes I can go 2 weeks and more.

mrandmrsmer
09-09-2004, 09:33 PM
After my wedding two years ago, I didn't wear makeup again until LAST WEEK. :lol

I have the whole kit and kaboodle - concealer, foundation and powder, but RARELY do I wear it.

vinny_46
09-09-2004, 10:24 PM
I know I need to add water to this fast as well. Last week, I had (at least) 8 soft drinks in 1 day! :nohuh Because I needed something cold to drink. :rolleyes

I'll probably go for more than 2 weeks (without makeup), whenever my skin is in the condition I think it should be in.

honeychild
09-09-2004, 10:34 PM
easily, since i don't wear it.

and DANG, gurl, 8 softdrinks on one day??

you know you can put ice into water as well, right? :duck 8)

littlefish
09-10-2004, 12:22 AM
I didn't think it was possible but since meeting my honey, and given his enjoyment of public displays of affection (nothing showy, just occasional kisses), I've drastically cut back on wearing makeup. Lipstick and lipgloss both get in the way of smoochin', and I don't want to get him dirty when I hug him. That he thinks I look better without it (!?!) doesn't hurt (God bless that man ...). I will still use my eyelash curler, though, to open up my eyes. And a quick brush of the eyebrows never hurts, either.

Now that he's gone back to school and we're doing the long-distance thing, I'm still going without most days. I've gotten comfortable with it. And where I work is so casual ... it doesn't matter.

However, I do still like to glam it up from time to time. My makeup of choice is MAC. Good stuff, that MAC.

littlefish

Carefree
09-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Besides filling in my eyebrows (the edges are thin) I could go without makeup. Normally I just use brow pencil, mascara and lipgloss any way.

Melanizm
09-10-2004, 01:33 AM
I don't wear make-up regularly. I could easily go 2 weeks without it :). I used to in high school and my early college years (every single day) but now I just don't. I'm more comfortable with who I am now that I don't feel the need to use make up to "feel pretty" anymore.

I might put on some eye make-up and gloss if I'm going out on the weekend, but other than that on a daily basis I don't wear anything. I also don't wear foundation (never have) or concealer (used to for dark spots, now I just don't care :lol .)

delightfulflame
09-10-2004, 02:07 AM
What do you consider makeup?

I don't really wear alot of "face" stuff (concealer, foundation, etc.) I can when the mood hits. I wore it some this summer as a barrier to the sun. My husband always asks me if I have it on, when I don't...LOL.

I do wear eye stuff (liner, mascara) often, but not all the time. Especially when my allergies are acting up.

Now, lip stuff is a whole 'nother story....I don't know if I can live without it. I don't even need a whole lot of it. Just a tube of chapstick and a dark brown liner, and I can make it.

cmesweet
09-10-2004, 03:31 AM
well is lipgloss considered make up?

Well I guess I could go 5 months without it cause I put it on a few days ago and that was the first time in a long time. Other than that I don't wear it.

Opportunitylocks
09-10-2004, 07:02 AM
I don't really wear that much makeup, nor do I wear it every single day to have to cut back. But to answer straight forward no. I love makeup and enjoy putting it on- when I have the time any way.

If your face is breaking out check to see if your makeup and skin care stuff is is oil free. Switch to lighter and sheerer products.

thighslikewhat
09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Since I don't consider lip gloss make up... yes. I can easily go 2 weeks (and usually dol) without make up. I only wear make if I am going somewhere special. It's too hot in miami to be pilin on all that stuff to just sweat it out 10 minutes later. And I have only really been into the make up thing since buying the mary-kay products

thunderstorm
09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
lip color is the only makeup i wear, and i don't wear it with any regularity.

a peachy-pink lip gloss that matches my natural lip color

a peachy-pink semi-matte lipstick that accentuates my natural lip color

a barely blushing red semi-matte lipstick that i wear when i want a more dramatic affect

that's it. because i don't wear them regularly, i often have to discard them after they've been sitting around for several months between uses. and because i don't wear it regularly, i invest in cheapy lip colors; i'd hate to buy a $10 lip gloss only to toss it because it's old and bacteria-ridden. :-cre

meagan22
09-10-2004, 04:36 PM
I could easily go two weeks without wearing makeup because I don't really wear it anymore. 8) I find it weird how the eczema on my face is worse now than it ever was when I wore makeup everyday. ;-)

I am on the hunt for some inexpensive mineral-based products. I'm leaning towards Aromaleigh, but Palladio looks pretty good too.

vinny_46
09-10-2004, 07:16 PM
I use all oil-free products, so my makeup isn't breaking me out. I don't really have a lot of breakouts, but I have enough to where I just feel like I need a change, a cleansing, of sorts.

@ thighslikewhat
It's hot out here in Cali, too, that's why I usually don't wear a lot of prodcuts anyway. :lol

@meagan22, I love your signature! :lol

I think it'd still be okay to wear lipstick/gloss on my fast, but I don't usually wear them anyway.

Mizblisslife
09-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Sep 9 2004, 02:09 PM
So I figured, why do I bother to put on makeup everday? :-? Don't get me wrong, I can be a girly girl sometimes, so I like to put it on. I feel like it's part of my get ready for work routine.But I would like to clear up my skin before I get my new headshots, so laying off the makeup for awhile will do me good.

Girl, I am soo with you on this one!
I can certainly go more than 2 weeks without base makeup. Why? Because I hate foundations, concealers, etc. I always feel so weighed down with them. And I love my natural skin (which by the way, has been actin up lately). So yes, I am currently in the process of giving my skin a break. :app :app
However, I must have my MAC lipGlass and dark brown eyeliner. :heart :razz

Hennessy
09-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Yep I can go without makeup. In fact I rarely make my face up = foundation, powder, eye makeup etc.... I used to wear makeup to work but that stopped too. Now I wash, moisturize, and apply lip balm or lip gloss, that's it.

carlasher
09-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Not if I have to go on a job interview. I need to cover up acne scars and other crap on my face. I wont get a job if I scare people half to death when I walk in through the door. God, I HATE my skin.

KinkyChris
09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by delightfulflame@Sep 10 2004, 01:07 AM
What do you consider makeup?

I don't really wear alot of "face" stuff (concealer, foundation, etc.) I can when the mood hits. I wore it some this summer as a barrier to the sun. My husband always asks me if I have it on, when I don't...LOL.

I do wear eye stuff (liner, mascara) often, but not all the time. Especially when my allergies are acting up.

Now, lip stuff is a whole 'nother story....I don't know if I can live without it. I don't even need a whole lot of it. Just a tube of chapstick and a dark brown liner, and I can make it.

True dat... Lipstick/gloss would be HARD for me to give up..

I wear different "degrees" of makeup... it's just like clothes.. I dress up my face depending on the occasion and my mood. But since I have oily, acne prone/sensitive skin, I stay away from powders/foundations and just dot on Clinique concealer. I just wear lip and eye makeup because I like color..

But to answer the question, I could go two weeks w/o ANY makeup.

Trula
09-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I rarely wear foundation or powder anymore, but I do like lip gloss and I use an eyebrow pencil to square out my inner brows and eyeshadow...and some days I just need deep red lips. :) Some days I also do eyeliner, depends on how I feel.

I could go without all but the lipgloss or chapstick. I need to keep my lips moist or they will get all cracked and peely.

Kadeepoo
09-13-2004, 01:21 AM
no probs. it would actually be more of a challenge for me to go two weeks with makeup. 8)

caramelqt928
09-13-2004, 02:13 AM
I don't wear makeup that often so I guess yeah I could go 2 weeks without it. Not without my lipgloss though. At one point in time I was applying makeup everyday, only to go to work and sweat it off. I'm a nursing assistant so all the that lifting and transporting of residents really makes me sweat. That, and I have oily skin anyway. I need something to clear my skin because I have bad acne scars but I still don't wear it.

Azure
09-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Kadeepoo@Sep 12 2004, 07:21 PM
no probs. it would actually be more of a challenge for me to go two weeks with makeup. 8)
Exactly.

Azure 8)

ini
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM
I just (like a month ago) started wearing make up so it would be easy to give it up.

meagan22
09-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Sep 10 2004, 02:16 PM
@meagan22, I love your signature! :lol
thank you. The wisdom of Chappelle is profound. :bis :-cre

YoGirlToo
09-14-2004, 01:57 AM
noooooooooooooo!
now where's my putty knife so i can cake it on??? :-)

systah
09-14-2004, 05:28 AM
i could go 2 years without wearing makeup!!!! i rarely wear it. :)

mama-mia
09-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Like most of us, yes I could go 2 weeks or longer. I really don't like foundation, but lately I've been liking mascara. But I can use vitamin E or Vaseline (I know it sounds ghetto) for make up. I put a little on my lashes, my eye lids and lips and I feel like I have a full face of makeup on.

feepee
09-15-2004, 02:46 PM
sure i can go 2 weeks. i tend to only put on make up when i go out. and that consists of eye shadow, eye liner, lip liner, gloss. then i'll use bronser beads for my cheeks.

during the week i don't bother. i use to not leave the house without eye make up on. last year i got hooked on foundation and wore it daily. but now my skin looks better than ever so i don't need it.

i love it when folks ask me if i have on make up or even foundation... cuz i know i don't wear it, but my skin looks clear and smooth enough to trick folks

vinny_46
09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
:smug

I think I'm extending my fast to 1 month or more. I had dried out all my blemishes, and was waiting for my skin to clear up.

Today: 1 pimple. What the!!! :mad

undrea
09-16-2004, 03:11 AM
two weeks might be a little difficult for me. I usually don't wear much makeup during the week, but I always wear it for church on Sundays. I just don't like to be really dressy without having makeup on. I could go through the whole week without makeup, but on Sunday I have to put it on.

Mizblisslife
09-16-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Sep 15 2004, 06:48 PM
:smug

I think I'm extending my fast to 1 month or more. I had dried out all my blemishes, and was waiting for my skin to clear up.

Today: 1 pimple. What the!!! :mad
Don't you hate that?!

macgirl
09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I could. I have had to this week. I have had a cold and it's pretty dumb to put makeup on when you constantly have to blow your nose.

tangytic
09-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Sep 9 2004, 06:09 PM
due to stress, moving, and being lazy (not washing my face every night, or not using toner)

Now, I don't wear tons of makeup, I have a pretty normal routine, though I rarely wear concealer.

But most people are surprised when I tell them that I wear makeup. For some reason, they never notice (I've had this comment since high school). :-?

I no longer wear foundation
I only wear powder for special occasions
I don’t wear foundation powder
I’m more concerned with taking care of my natural skin

I do however wear eye shadow, lipstick, and eyeliner but certainly not everyday
If I find colors that truly complement my skin tone I would wear everyday

I have more confidence now that I stopped feeling like I HAD to wear makeup everyday!

Hamira
09-17-2004, 04:54 AM
AS long as I can do gloss I'm fine. If I can't I will break into hives. I love my gloss and will remain unapologetically dependent on them :razz
I could probably wean down to just chapstick, but it will take time.....and whatever strength is needed to pry the last tube of gloss out of my cold, dead fingers :sleep

LadyBug13
11-11-2006, 03:14 PM
BUMP

I believe I can. I usually wear lip liner, gloss, brow pencil, clear mascara, and I'll pat a little foundation powder on areas of my face where I want to even out my skin. I think it's pretty low-maintenance. On days where I want to spice it up, I'll replace the clear mascara with black/brown and I'll use light foundation powder all over.

michelle1908
11-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I have been giving my skin a break since last September after a bad breakout. My skin has since recovered but I still don't bother with it unless there's some special occasion. I'm terrible about lip gloss. If I think to put it on in the morning, I never remember to reapply. Maybe if I found the perfect gloss, I would...

blaqueskimo
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM

[/b]

If there was something going on with my skin to where I really needed to go makeup free to get it under control I could no problem. Candace

BLUEDIVA0829
11-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I know i can go without wearing make up....

heres a little short story...ive been wearing foundation makeup since i was 16..ive had bad skin since i was 15(acne/dark spots)...so with me trying to use lightening cremes to get rid of the dark spots and plus using acne meds my face was lighter than my neck no even tone at all...i hated that...so this year probably in June or July i made a decision to stop with foundations(i have a drawer full of them that i refuse to put on my face)...what i use is tinted moisturizer foundation(it has a little color to it and alot of moisturizer and sunscreen) its lite on my face and doesnt even feel like im wearing make up...and along with just using Visibly Even to wash in the morning and soap and water at night..i finally got my face to be the even tone...some mornings i get up wash my face and dont even look like i need to apply my tinted moisturizer...i put some lip glass on by MAC....sometimes fill in the eyebrows and im out the door....and also i dont have acne breakouts(only that little pimple during the menstural cycle)..i have a couple of dark spots but nothing really that bad...

so yes i know i can now go with out wearing make up no problem....

Me220
11-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't know if I can go two weeks without anymore. I really like filling in my eyebrows, and my new MilanMinerals foundation. I'm sure I could do it, if there was a challenge, but I really like the pulled together look I can get with makeup. Plus it's fun to play. I'd just have to see.

Ketchup
11-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Easy Peasy! Jus need only my lipbalm!

Wise1
11-14-2006, 11:09 AM
I love make up and have recently gone without it going on 6 weeks...I'm feeling low and I just don't care.