PDA

View Full Version : Washing ?

Natural Kinks
09-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Can you lovely locheads smell the scent of your shampoo in your hair after you're done washing and you're air drying? I am trying to be sure that I am rinsing enough but I can still smell the scent of my shampoo once I'm done washing/rinsing. TIA.

flybutter
09-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I can still smell my shampoos - especially my Aveda Rosemary Mint- sometimes almost from one washing to the other (one week).

I always rinse for a very long time after I shampoo. I hate it when I can't smell the scent of my shampoo!

Natural Kinks
09-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Okay good lol. That's funny cause I used Aveda Scalp Benefits. I may try the Rosemary next. The only thing that I needed to replace was my shampoo from loose hair to locs cause I was using a shampoo that was too moisturizing but the Scalp Benefits was too drying - will probably work well for clarifying.

lovinmyself
09-11-2004, 12:00 AM
I use Aveda Shampure and I love the smell of oranges afterward. I going to try the Rosemary Mint and hope the scent last that long.

The children in my daycare said my hair smell like cereal...lol

dewdrop
09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
I can smell the scent of my shampoo after I wash. Then again I use Aura chamomile shampoo which smells sooo good, but i'm running out. Too bad it's discontinued but I may try another kind.

Speaking of which, I need to wash my locs now..... :tiptoe

nattylocks
09-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes, my hair gets scented with my shampoo. I use either Dr. Bronner's diluted, a natural hemp, or Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint. The scent gets mixed with my Khoret Amen oil at times or my SL moisture cream, but still smells great. I never go to bed with wet locs anymore, they seem to take on an off smell if I do. Also, when I wash I concentrate more on my scalp and disturb my locs less, but make sure I rinse everything thoroughly. That also helps the locs to smell fresh :)

Trula
09-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Yeah for sure don't go to bed with wet locks. And yes my locks smell like whatever I washed them with, just like unlocked hair. I love using Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint soap and smelling my locks afterward. :)

Melanizm
09-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Natural Kinks@Sep 10 2004, 05:35 PM
Okay good lol. That's funny cause I used Aveda Scalp Benefits. I may try the Rosemary next. The only thing that I needed to replace was my shampoo from loose hair to locs cause I was using a shampoo that was too moisturizing but the Scalp Benefits was too drying - will probably work well for clarifying.
:offtopic

I LOVE the Aveda Rosemary Mint! It's more gentle than the Scalp Benefits, IMO. I only use the SB to clarify too. lol, I don't have locs...but you know a sista will rep for Aveda anywhere.

:-cre

Natural Kinks
09-13-2004, 05:12 AM
@Melanizm - Girl I know you will rep for Aveda lol. You are the one that got me started. I tried the Detoxifier and that was more gentle than the Scalp Benefits for me. I will use that as my clarifying shampoo.

Melanizm
09-13-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Natural Kinks@Sep 13 2004, 05:12 AM
@Melanizm - Girl I know you will rep for Aveda lol. You are the one that got me started. I tried the Detoxifier and that was more gentle than the Scalp Benefits for me. I will use that as my clarifying shampoo.
:thumbsup - did you find the Detoxifier helped with build up more then the SB? I've only used the Detoxifier once (and then gave it to my friend could try it too) and I don't remember how it worked for me, lol.

Natural Kinks
09-13-2004, 05:23 AM
@Melanizm - LOL, this funny I just pm'ed you. You'll laugh when you read it.

@Trula - I don't know what was going on with my hair but it didn't hold the scent of my shampoo once I conditioned it lol - EVER!

LBellatrix
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Boo hoo...my hair doesn't smell like my shampoo until I use a conditioner that smells like my shampoo (recent Suave Naturals tropical coconut experiment).

My hair usually smells like whatever I put on it last. Lately I've been using olive oil with some Aveda fragrance EO (Chakra 2 of the 7 Chakras) added. It's a great scent for fall.

alma2254
09-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes, I too used to smell my shampoo... now that I am using black soap, I smell that instead.

I make sure I rinse very well.