PDA

View Full Version : I Finished My Poncho!

flynppy
09-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

I finished my poncho for the poncho along. It went so quick I think I am going to do another poncho. I will use the pattern I was going to use originally.
I also ended up with 1 extra skien of yarn so I am going to make a matching hat.

I also completed a number of other projects. It is in the Finished Projects- September album.

Let me know what you think.

RubyRedLove
09-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Very nice work. You did a great job.

frohead
09-10-2004, 11:33 PM
your work is beautiful!

Artsyblack
09-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Nice work. Very funky indeed!!!

PenCurls
09-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Love it!!! I have a couple of other projects I HAVE to finish first but the poncho is definitely next--especially since they're the "in" thing this year!

winnie
09-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Very cute! I'm so glad you knit this because I've been wanting to see how it looked in real life. You did a great job. I noticed (or maybe I can't see well) that you didn't do the middle row of eyelash fringe. I like your version better than that in the book! What kind of yarn did you use?

flynppy
09-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by winnie@Sep 11 2004, 01:06 AM
Very cute! I'm so glad you knit this because I've been wanting to see how it looked in real life. You did a great job. I noticed (or maybe I can't see well) that you didn't do the middle row of eyelash fringe. I like your version better than that in the book! What kind of yarn did you use?
I actually ended up using the Rowan Yarn, which I love. :heart :heart :heart But I think I am going to make another one but will you Lionbrand wool ease yarn which is very similar in appearance but is a acrylic blend.

uzuri
09-11-2004, 11:32 AM
That poncho looks great! :app :app

caramelaggie
09-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by flynppy@Sep 10 2004, 06:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

I finished my poncho for the poncho along. It went so quick I think I am going to do another poncho. I will use the pattern I was going to use originally.
I also ended up with 1 extra skien of yarn so I am going to make a matching hat.

I also completed a number of other projects. It is in the Finished Projects- September album.

Let me know what you think.
Too cute !!! I am going to the library today. I love to crochet, but I want to learn how to knit too. I am going to try and figure out on my own before I invest in some classes.

mochacaremel
09-11-2004, 04:51 PM
You are my new favorite on Fotki!

In one stop I can see luscious locs AND knitting? I am in heaven in your album!

And you have mastered SOCKS! Man, oh man!

Thank you for sharing, girl why don't you make comments availiable so I can fill your album with my adorations?

Ever thought of making a blog? I would read it faithfully, I am just so inspired by your work.

Ever wanted to make your own designs? I see how you altered that poncho pattern (and made it look appealing, I don't know how the original made it into the SnB book looking like that) Now I may actually try it the way you did it.

How do you do your socks? DPNs or circs?

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing!

Mocha

flynppy
09-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by mochacaremel@Sep 11 2004, 11:51 AM
You are my new favorite on Fotki!

In one stop I can see luscious locs AND knitting? I am in heaven in your album!

And you have mastered SOCKS! Man, oh man!

Thank you for sharing, girl why don't you make comments availiable so I can fill your album with my adorations?

Ever thought of making a blog? I would read it faithfully, I am just so inspired by your work.

Ever wanted to make your own designs? I see how you altered that poncho pattern (and made it look appealing, I don't know how the original made it into the SnB book looking like that) Now I may actually try it the way you did it.

How do you do your socks? DPNs or circs?

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing!

Mocha
@ mochacaremel

Thanks mocha, I didn't know that the comments were off, so i changed that so that anyone could make a comment.

As for the socks, I love making socks, currently I make them using dpns, but I would like to be able to make 2 at once so I am making that my mission this fall to learn how to do that. I already know how to do the magic loop method so it is only a matter of time.

I haaave thought about making a blog, im still seriously thinking about it. It's just that it would seriously cut into my knitting time, reading time all this other crafty things I want to try. So who knows i might do it.....

I do want to try designing my own things. i just feel that i am not at that point yet in my knitting. I only learned how to knit January of this year, so I still consider myself a newbie. But I know i will because some of these patterns that I see are not cute at all. So I am always adjusting something in them.

I love to share and I love seeing other peoples works.

I can't wait to see everyone else's work. :)

vonshair
09-11-2004, 08:49 PM
I LOVE ur socks and poncho!!! shoot how much u charging lol

lilkinkyc
09-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Your stuff is off the hook!!!!!

QueenLocks
09-12-2004, 05:52 PM
:pop nice, very Nice! :-)

New group I found: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knit_HopRemix/

One day I'm gonna learn to knit/crochet socks!!
I just finished a scarf... {no pics yet though}
:tiptoe to another thread

mochacaremel
09-12-2004, 10:03 PM
@Flynappy,

You only started in January! Girl, I woulda been convinced you started at 10 years old!

Wow, that gives me so much hope. I am about to try the two socks at the same time, I know you know of the lady who has that website about how to do it.

I have never tried socks before, but I am not feeling DPNs. I won't even learn how, I will only worry about circulars.

What kind of sock yarn do you like? I like Koigu, but everytime I think of buying some to make a sock or two, I get distracted by the Charlotte's Web? Have you seen some of these things? BREATHtaking! That is what I want to make, but I need to learn so much in order to do it, namely: how to knit lace, crochet to finish the edges, etc.

But once the Charlotte's Web craze dies down a little, I will buy a nice little colorway and try my hand at it.

Mocha

Whitley Gilbert
09-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Nice really Nice!!!!!!!!

buttaflybaby
09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
very nice! you go then gurl!

blufaerie
09-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Girl! That poncho is so cute! I need a camera so I can show yall my finished poncho. I'm still undecided about the fringe on mine.

I will start a new one as soon as this ish clears up about the wreck...

flynppy
09-13-2004, 10:38 AM
@ mocha

Girl, you don't even know the have of it. I just love , love, love Koigu yarn. I already made two pairs of sock from it and i want to get more to make more socks. But I am staying away from that temptation. Koigu is my favorite yarn. As to Charlottes web, I have seen all the beautiful shawls and I have become apart of the craze, I am currently on row 107. It's nots so bad once you get used to the pattern. (That is my first piece of lace) I know I definitely want to knit another shawl.

I like to challenge myself when knitting, so I usually pick difficulty things to learn.

Now that I know how to make socks using Dpns, I am moving on to the magic loop method. I already know how to do the magic loop, now it is a matter of doing 2 socks on 1 circular.

These are the 2 websites where I learned to do the magic loop:

Magic loop 1 (http://www.knitaddicted.com/html/185.html)

Magic loop 2 (http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html)

dembasamba
09-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Flynappy, your poncho is beautiful. You did an excellent job. I can't believe you just started in January. I just started in August.

I'm also interested in the design aspect of knitting. I like this website a lot, even though some are handknit. Check it out:

http://www.redlipstick.net/blog/p1.html

mochacaremel
09-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Flynappy!

Girl, listen, have you seen the Charlotte ponchification? This girl named dang...I can't think of her name, but on her blog she has how she turned her Charlotte into a poncho. I'll come back with the girl's site addy.

Furthermore, how in the world did you manage to pick your Koigu colourway? Every site I see that sells it, has color swatches that are sub par. Who has the best price?

My birthday is the 25th and I want to ask for some Koigu (and some Debbie Bliss alpaca silk, and some Rowan Biggy Print) and that's it. LOL.

So glad I have another like minded knitter to chat with, PM me anytime! (that goes for you too winnie!)

Mocha

jorjeni
09-15-2004, 09:39 AM
WOW I love that poncho and that purse you made. You have only been knitting since January WOW you are doing great.

blufaerie
09-15-2004, 05:39 PM
I know...Flynappy you spittin them thangs out...I need to learn how to knit from you...I find it so confusing, tho..I got some online lessons (pics and stuff) I'm gonna try again because I like the way knitted items drape...