PDA

View Full Version : Tea Tree Oil Smell

sexykei
05-28-2003, 07:18 PM
How do I get away from the smell?

reikosuave
05-28-2003, 07:46 PM
My thoughts exactly....that stuff stinks. I bought some and mixed it with some essential oils/shea butter...etc. That stuff stinks. I can't do it. I think the only time I will do it is if I know I'm not going anywhere and I want to to mix it in a deep conditioner.

That stuff smells horribly. I don't want people to smell me before they see me!! :lol: :rolleyes:

Tasha806
05-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Believe it or not the smell does fade after awhile. I use it quite often after shaving sensitive areas to prevent razor bumps, and on my eyebrows after tweezing. Once it dries i don't smell it anymore. I also used to use Tea Tree oil shampoo and conditioner and never had a problem with the smell lingering on.
HTH

CEE26
05-28-2003, 07:54 PM
so far i only use it in my hair products..the smell goes away in no time

Saidah
05-29-2003, 03:32 AM
Try mixing it with lavender. The combination usally smells pretty good. Or if you like the smell of geranium or ylangylang add it. Those eo's usually overpower any other scent. Geranium is supposedly moisturizing for hair and skin, while ylang ylang is for oily skin conditions so you might want to go light on that unless your using it for your scalp. Lemongrass will also overpower the scent of tea tree. One drop usally overpowers the scent of whatever else you add. So if you like the smell of lemon candy or if your familiar with the smell of carol's daughter healthy hair butter then you'll like the smell of lemongrass. Patchouli will also overpower the scent of teat tree.

naturalbeauty
06-02-2003, 03:27 AM
I use tea tree for acne bumps on my face. The smell doesn't linger.

ByHis Grace
06-02-2003, 11:44 PM
I L :pumpheart: v the smell B)

I mix in a few drops in h20 for aroma therapy . :)

blkrighteousspace1
06-02-2003, 11:51 PM
i love the smell of tea tree oil.....but if you do want to mask it...lemon verbana, lemongrass, patchouli, peppermint, and neroli...will mask it

Pookie25
06-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Try adding it to your shampoo so it can rinse out. Its an anti-bacterial so it will benefit in cleansing your scalp.