PDA

View Full Version : Month 2 Wash And Twist

linette411
09-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Ok you guys take a look at my pics and give me your honest opinions. View the last days of month 1 before going to month2. I know it may still be a little fuzzy in some places but this was my first try.

I was so concerned about messing my hair up. :cen So I figured, I might as well mess it up while I’m in the beginning stages than later. You have to understand I HATE SALONS. I use to perm my own hair, just to avoid going to one. Yes I’m seeing a loctician but it’s still a salon and I still have to sit under that dryer. I can do all this in the comfort of my own home, at my own time. Naked if I wanted to be. LOL I know T.M.I.

Now, I will go at least once a month or every two months to have my hair pampered and to make sure I’m on the right track but there is SO MUCH MORE freedom in doing it yourself. I learned so much about my hair.

Aloe Gel, I didn’t know that there were 2 types. The type they use at the salon is a more thick jelly type which makes my hair flake. The one I purchased is more of a liquid gel texture and when dry it’s dry and not oily like the jelly. It TOOK FOREVER to do my hair! But I had fun and I learned a lot. :yaisse2 :yaisse3

Will someone explain to me about Dr. Bronners shampoo, why do you have to dilute it?

View my fotki and give me your honest opinions. Thanks.

Delilah
09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Lovely........ :app

curlycoco
09-20-2004, 04:11 PM
I think it looks great! Good Job! You did the coils yourself, and parted? I could never part mine, I just grab and twist. So when I decide to start locking I will have to have a professional start them. Keep up the good work!

Clever
09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
:app you did a really good job! :app

Im only on week 1 :violin

Your hair is looking FAB

I can't wait for more updates :cow:

karimarie
09-20-2004, 07:59 PM
you did a great job on your twists! :) keep up the terrific work!!

Khardelya
09-20-2004, 11:18 PM
you did a very good job. mine were just done (not a week yet) & I made another appt. for maintenance. i hope i will be able to do it myself. i have that problem around the ears b/c of my glasses, so i have to be very careful......

Natural Kinks
09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Great job!

linette411
09-21-2004, 12:44 AM
thanks you guys :) I got my courage from this board, so thanks

QueenLena03
09-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by linette411@Sep 20 2004, 10:45 AM
Ok you guys take a look at my pics and give me your honest opinions. View the last days of month 1 before going to month2. I know it may still be a little fuzzy in some places but this was my first try.

I was so concerned about messing my hair up. :cen So I figured, I might as well mess it up while I’m in the beginning stages than later. You have to understand I HATE SALONS. I use to perm my own hair, just to avoid going to one. Yes I’m seeing a loctician but it’s still a salon and I still have to sit under that dryer. I can do all this in the comfort of my own home, at my own time. Naked if I wanted to be. LOL I know T.M.I.

Now, I will go at least once a month or every two months to have my hair pampered and to make sure I’m on the right track but there is SO MUCH MORE freedom in doing it yourself. I learned so much about my hair.

Aloe Gel, I didn’t know that there were 2 types. The type they use at the salon is a more thick jelly type which makes my hair flake. The one I purchased is more of a liquid gel texture and when dry it’s dry and not oily like the jelly. It TOOK FOREVER to do my hair! But I had fun and I learned a lot. :yaisse2 :yaisse3

Will someone explain to me about Dr. Bronners shampoo, why do you have to dilute it?

View my fotki and give me your honest opinions. Thanks.
I have never heard of an aloe vera gel that flakes. I wonder what brand they used. The thing with Dr. Bronner's is that it is extremely concentrated and if you use it without diluting it, your locs may have a dull film on them and they will more than likely feel dry. BTW the fuzzies are a good thing.

linette411
09-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by QueenLena03@Sep 20 2004, 09:07 PM

I have never heard of an aloe vera gel that flakes. I wonder what brand they used. The thing with Dr. Bronner's is that it is extremely concentrated and if you use it without diluting it, your locs may have a dull film on them and they will more than likely feel dry. BTW the fuzzies are a good thing.
I don't know either but I will try to find out. I'm thinking it's eiher my hair texture that just doesn't except it or the brand itself. I'm not the only one that has discovered flakes. I saw another post on here about Aloe Vera and flaking sometime last week.

Hey thanks for the info out the shampoo. How much dilution should I do to the bottle?

Oh and about the frizzies, yes it'a a good thing and it's all apart of the stages but LAWD it gets SO BAD!

But I'm rolling with the (box

:lol

tytyhair
09-21-2004, 03:36 PM
My husband uses the Dr. Bronners without diluting it,
and it doesnt bother him.
But he doesnt have locs.
I just started locking and I will dilute it when I use it on my hair, to avoid buildup.
I will be looking for some aloe vera gel now that I hear thats good to use.
Too bad I couldnt view your pics.