PDA

View Full Version : Advice....

NewLox757
09-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I am of the Darker side of complexions, So......I am not sure what color would look well on my locks. I really want something that will show, But then again, I dont want to be an OUTCAST :-? <<Wheew. So Please give me some advice on what color is best for Moi. Thanks. U can check me out on my fotki.

yummyhoney06
09-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Maybe a burgundy or wine highlight would look good on you. Or even a warm brown. What colors are you considering?

blaqdredhd
09-25-2004, 03:33 PM
i am on the darker side as well and i colored my hair with a red color - i forget the name but it&#39;s in my album, i know it was textures and tones by clairol in a brownish/redish box...i love the color against my complexion, i have not colored my hair in over 9 months but it is still very prominent and i love how my hair looks with the color growing out...

check me out for visual

http://public.fotki.com/blaquedreadhed/

amalah9
09-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey, I just peeped into your album. I luv that burgandyish color that&#39;s on your tips. I too think burgandies & wines look great on darker skin tones.

vonshair
09-25-2004, 07:33 PM
i agree with the burgundy and red tones too. I just colored my hair a reddish color and i love it.

NewLox757
09-25-2004, 10:45 PM
I Like the burgundy and all, But umm.....a sister already had that, And a sister is trying to move on from that color. I probably should have said that from the get go. BUt I like the red idea. Thanks for the advice. Off to the beaty supply>>>>

Beryl
09-26-2004, 03:58 AM
I agree that the red tones look wonderful but I also agree with Yummyhoney. You might want to try a warm brown. My ex-braider has a rich complexion (like yours) and that hair color gave her a beautiful low-contrast look.

NewLox757
09-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Beryl.....WHAt Color gave her the low contrast look? And im not "knocking" my complexion by any means, I just hate to see a Darker sister or brother with blonde hair!!. That really creeps me and my eyes out.

Beryl
09-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Newlox, I don&#39;t know if she actually colored her hair or used extension braid hair on top of her locs. If the latter was true it was probably an "8" or "4" color of hair. It was not reddish or yellowish at all just dark brown that blended in with her skin tone.