PDA

View Full Version : Ing Direct Anyone?

EarthyDiva
10-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey All,
I am on board with the financial challenge woo hoo!. DH and I were looking to save aggressively, but wanted the mula to be flexible as well. We originally thought of a cd but decided against it.

This wk I stumbled on ING Direct. They adverstised a 2.2% APY. Whereas most 2yr cd's are under 2%. Needless to say I called and asked many questions. It's federally insured and seems above board, but also seems to good to be true and you know how that goes.

Anyone else familiar with this online bank?

ED

bijoks
10-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi,
I am also very interested in ING dIrect. I plan to open up a savings (money market deposit) account (2.2% APY) with them soon. I've done a bit of research on the bank and it seems sound. I also looked it up on bankrate.com . This website has a ratings system for many banks, thrifts and credit unions in the US.

tran68
10-02-2004, 06:30 PM
I've been stashing my emergency fund money there for about a year now. I can't speak well enuf about it. Especially since it's gone back up after going down to like 1.9% but it beats a CD anyday and you don't need thousands of dollars to take advantage of the rate. You can have it linked to your checking account for easy transferring, I do automatic transfers monthly so I don't have to think about it...just watch the money grow!! :)

Sekhmet
10-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by tran68@Oct 2 2004, 11:30 AM
I've been stashing my emergency fund money there...
Ditto. It's been a very positive experience for me.

Deej
10-02-2004, 06:47 PM
ING, is great for saving since I can't get the money in a hurry.

If anyone would like a referral PM me.

Lita
10-03-2004, 12:00 AM
I opened an account there a while back when Tran posted about it and I have had a great experience with it. I do believe they have the best rates out there with no minimum requirements.

tenachie
10-03-2004, 01:18 AM
i just started using Ing savings account, after graduating this may and getting my first real job.

i like that

*it's a higher interest rate
*my money is available though with about a 3d delay so ...
*I can't make rash decisions
*i have automatic deposit from my checking account on my payday (you know the pay yourself first rule) and I hardly notice the money is gone since I also have direct deposit of my paycheck into my checking account

I really do like it. I am often looking at my regular checking account balance, and I do tend to run it low as there is no minimum balance and I make discretionary spending alone according to what's there.

I actually save 22% of each paycheck in this manner, which i thought I would most certainly miss, but i hardly notice. my ing account is therefore plumping up nicely.

when i reach my target for my 6mo emergency fund (6 month x income), I will probably then open up a CD.

i should say if you open up an account with a referral, you get $25 to start. whoever refers you also gets some cash.

so ask away as a previous poster has offered.

nappi
10-03-2004, 02:41 AM
i have an account w/ ing
ive had nuthin' but a positve xperiance w/ them
i think they're great
no service charges and whateva tha current rate is its most definately betta than a "regular" bank

chocol8diva714
10-03-2004, 03:29 PM
I recently opened an acct with ING Direct and I couldn't be happier...the interest rate is a bonus, but I love having the acct at my disposal online and that I have a delay when making withdrawals (ya gurl can get a little impulsive with money)...i'd recommend ING Direct for savings!!

qwest
10-13-2004, 10:39 PM
I have had ING since the begining of this year.

customer service is friendly and upfront...
I went to my regular bank and their savings rate is not even 1%
and they looked me in the eye to tell me that theirs is one of the best out there
---> ING's is 2.20%
This is the rate offered by some 1 yr CDs

what I realized is that 2.20% is not going to make me rich
but with automatic savings--you just build a good habit
where even $25 a week together with compound interest could equal
a nice sum of money at the end of a year

There is no minimum and no fees
(if you're a poor college student this is a consideration)

ING also offers a $25 sign up bonus to start you off
if you are invited by a current member
I am sure you can go through anyone of us by sending a PM

one of the things I did was also to compare different rates at bankrate.com

mochacaremel
10-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Fam,
If anyone needs an ING direct account refferal, I too, will be glad to give you one.

Just give me a name you want to use (doesn't have to be your real name) and an email address. My email address is: mochacaremel@gmail.com

Mocha