PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Gate

jmnappy
01-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Does anyone use their shampoo & conditioners?

narcissaqtpie
01-29-2003, 05:26 PM
I've tried the Rosemary rainwater conditioner-very lightweight, nice smell

Tea Tree shampoo-this is good also, I used it for a month after my chop, then it became very drying to I had to switch. Just recently my scalp was feeling irritated and I used it again, and my scalp and hair felt great.

honeychild
01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
i'm a big fan of their original rainwater conditioner. it's not rich enough for me to use as a conditioner or leave-in, but i find it's really effective as a no-poo cleansing conditioner. rinses very clean.

elani75
02-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Hi.

I have a lot of Nature's Gate products. I haven't used them in awhile because I have so many things I like to use just to change it up. But I strongly recommend their Herbal Hemp shampoo and conditioner. It's great and it didn't leave my hair all dried out. I love the stuff! I also have tried their Sea Kelp and Aloe heat-activated shampoo and conditioner, which is good also. I also have used their Tea Tree shampoo/conditioner. It dried my hair out. I think it was because it's has the tea tree and tended to be harsher on my hair. I strongly recommend using a little bit and lathering only one time.

Hope this helps. If I try anymore of their products in the future, I'll post recs here.

Take care.

-e

Tami2shoes
02-01-2003, 05:41 PM
I've tried both the rainwater shampoo and the herbal hair conditioner. I didn't like the shampoo. I love the smell of the conditioner, but its not thick enough to use alone. I mix it with other stuff just for the scent.

Knottygal
02-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I see Carol's Daughter sells the Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner, does anyone if Nature's Gate has their own site.

Carol's Daughter wants 5.95 for 16 oz. conditioner is that a good deal?

Tami2shoes
02-01-2003, 11:46 PM
@knottygal

I don't know if Nature's Gate has their own site, but if you do a search I've seen it at different discount health stores online. But $5.95 is about average though.

Naturaljoy
02-02-2003, 02:11 PM
I recently purchased Nature's Gate Herbal Hair Conditioner and Natural Jojoba Conditioner from a Vitamin Shoppe that was having a 40% off grand opening sale. The Herbal Conditioner was $3.75 (reg. price $6.25) and the Jojoba Conditioner was $3.15 (reg. price $5.25) for 16 oz. bottles.

Both conditioners are working well for me and the scents are wonderful!

Midoria
02-16-2003, 04:18 AM
You can also get Nature's Gate at Vitacost.com

naturalrn
02-16-2003, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to add that you can also get nature's gate at http://www.atlantisherbs.com/

afrikankween
02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
I didnt like their Sea Kelp and Rainwater Shampoo, it contained SLS, and was very drying.

nubian indigo
02-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi.
But I strongly recommend their Herbal Hemp shampoo and conditioner. It's great and it didn't leave my hair all dried out. I love the stuff!
-e

I must totally agree...I LUV THE 'HERBAL' VERSION PRODUCTS' !! :D The shampoo is wonderful, cleansing with out over drying my hair and the conditioner is excellent as well. Oh and the price is very nice 8)

Check out this:
http://www.herbaladvisor.com/vendor/ngate.asp

DISCOUNTS :shock: ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO ORDER IN HIGH QUANTITIES... :D

I have not personally bought from this site as yet since I am able to get it around my way (so far) for about the same price...

HTHYO...

twistednubian
02-16-2003, 06:54 PM
At one point, Natures Gate Jojoba shampoo and conditioner were the only products he would use. As my guinea pig, I tried the Kemi Oyl Moyst shampoo and conditioner. I asked him the other day what he wanted me to do with the Natures Gate....he told me to throw it away. The Kemi Oyl products have given him awesome sheen and greater curl definition than he had before. Before KO, he had to keep his hair cut short for the same definition he is getting now with longer hair.

I personally, was not all that impressed with the products. It didn't do anything differently than all othe other products I've tried.

scribblescrabble
02-23-2003, 05:28 PM
I tried the Chamomile shampoo and conditioner. They didn't do much.

blkrighteousspace1
02-24-2003, 12:21 PM
well.....i've tried nature's gate awapuhi shampoo and conditioner.....it's alright.....i'd give it a C....it's one of those products that i can live with or live without, maybe next time, i'll try it as a leave in conditioner.....because it didn't do too much for my hair.