PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Nappturals

splendidlox
06-07-2003, 02:48 PM
[COLOR=blue]

Hey brothas and sistas~~~I'm searching for more kindred spirits in the Memphis area. We had a group going in Memphis but it FELL OFF. We had one meeting and nothing more.

Okay so for those in the Memphis area who are TRULY interested in networking and getting together with your brothas and sistas on this Nappyhead journey or those tranisitioning.......come on over!!!

Crazycurls and I are anxious to get our group going again. :rainfro: :afro:

:thumbsup:

Melanizm
06-07-2003, 07:39 PM
dang it fell off, huh? *snicker*....anyway....im still interested...

delightfulflame
06-08-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm still interested in joining ya'll. I'm down the way in tha Rock.

Info
06-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Ok! Let's plan something for the month of July, not sure if anyone is feeling this month as a good time to get together. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have,Mel about get together ideas. I have a couple but they're the same ole same ole,lmbo. Delightfulflame, it would be cool if you could come down, or hey,let me know when you're free, we could meet in like downtown Memphis if that isnt' too far for you. We could do lunch at Peabody Place or something :thumbsup:

splendidlox
06-09-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Jun 7 2003, 06:39 PM
dang it fell off, huh? *snicker*....anyway....im still interested...
Like dang Mel, it wasn't done to be 'snotty' but YOU know the last group just kind of lost its steam after the first meeting. I think we may have had too many folks going in different ways. :thumbsup:

But anyhoot - does anyone even WANT to get together? This post wasn't started to EXCLUDE any of the original 'Memphis Nappyheads' but instead as an effort to try to re-initiate the efforts of getting a nappturality group in Memphis going (actively).

So once again................I'm open for suggestions!!!! :hug:

delightfulflame
06-09-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCurls@Jun 8 2003, 08:46 AM
Ok! Let's plan something for the month of July, not sure if anyone is feeling this month as a good time to get together. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have,Mel about get together ideas. I have a couple but they're the same ole same ole,lmbo. Delightfulflame, it would be cool if you could come down, or hey,let me know when you're free, we could meet in like downtown Memphis if that isnt' too far for you. We could do lunch at Peabody Place or something :thumbsup:
Sounds good, I'm free whenever. Just have to know far enough ahead to beg my mom to watch my little ones.

splendidlox
06-09-2003, 03:15 PM
:) Delightful...........TRUST, we are not ANTI-CHILDREN so feel free to bring them along for the ride!!!

Info
06-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey There!

Just stopping in to say hello and to see if anyone is up for a lunch meeting downtown. We have a friend over in Ark.(Delightfulflame) who is interested and I would love to do a downtown thing. Let me know!

Paulette

Sasha
06-16-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm interested if its not on one of my workdays.

Info
06-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Sasha@Jun 16 2003, 12:15 PM
I'm interested if its not on one of my workdays.
Post your work schedule when you get a chance so we can see what we're working with. :thumbsup:

jacura
06-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey let the other AR ladies know...we might make that ride to Memphis! We are suppose to be getting together some time in July as well. I am not sure if everyone (like 4 lol, but it is a start :P ) will want to make that drive/ride, but I sure will ask around.

laticca8
06-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Sorry, guys! I'm still interested too. I definitely won't be available July 19th through the 23rd. Just keep us posted on whatever dates you guys come up with.

splendidlox
06-18-2003, 01:04 AM
</span></span>OKAY IS THAT A WINNER?

JACURA- COME ON OVER, YOU AND YOUR CREW FROM AR. MEMPHIS FOLKS - IS THIS A GOOD DAY FOR YOU GUYS? LET&#39;S NOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK TO DECIDE - TIME IS NEAR. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN. IF JILLIAN&#39;S IS NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR YOU PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

:afro:

splendidlox
06-18-2003, 03:13 AM
(bump)

Info
06-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by jacura@Jun 17 2003, 05:02 AM
Hey let the other AR ladies know...we might make that ride to Memphis! We are suppose to be getting together some time in July as well. I am not sure if everyone (like 4 lol, but it is a start :P ) will want to make that drive/ride, but I sure will ask around.
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Girl!! How come I forgot you were in ARK??? Yes, please come on down to one of our meets, I&#39;d love to meet you! I was just talking to splendid, we both like to drive so look for us to head up that way one day soon too,let me know when you&#39;re free :rainfro:

jacura
06-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by splendidlox@Jun 18 2003, 12:04 AM
DATE: JULY 11, 2003 PLACE: PEABODY PLACE - MEMPHIS (JILLIANS) TIME: 3PM UNTIL

<span style=&#39;font-size:8pt;line-height:100%&#39;></span>OKAY IS THAT A WINNER?

JACURA- COME ON OVER, YOU AND YOUR CREW FROM AR. MEMPHIS FOLKS - IS THIS A GOOD DAY FOR YOU GUYS? LET&#39;S NOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK TO DECIDE - TIME IS NEAR. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN. IF JILLIAN&#39;S IS NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR YOU PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

hmm hmm hmmmmmm, I don&#39;t know if I will be able to take off that day, but let me check and also get with the other AR ladies and see what is up...any way we can meet earlier like around noon time...that will give us time to drive down, visit and then drive back....but let me check around first and see where everyone&#39;s head is at

jacura
06-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCurls+Jun 18 2003, 03:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrazyCurls @ Jun 18 2003, 03:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jacura@Jun 17 2003, 05:02 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Girl!! How come I forgot you were in ARK??? Yes, please come on down to one of our meets, I&#39;d love to meet you! I was just talking to splendid, we both like to drive so look for us to head up that way one day soon too,let me know when you&#39;re free :rainfro: [/b][/quote]
Bet that! :thumbsup:

kopper
06-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey Ladies!!

@ Jacura- happilynappy just messaged me informing me of the gathering.

I&#39;d love to meet you guys, but I&#39;ll be out of pocket that weekend. I still haven&#39;t met any other Arkansas Napp. Members but hope so soon!!!

splendidlox
06-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Okay since the weekend of the 11th-12th appears to be out of the picture for our neighbors it seems as though we will be pushing it back to August unless you guys want to meet NEXT WEEKEND - June 27th. I know the following weekend is the Fourth of July weekend and it will be MUCH too chaotic in downtown Memphis - unless you like a bit of chaos.

Anyhoot: Here are our choices

June 27th-?any objections?
July 5th-? any objections?
July 12th-Kopper & Jacura out
July 19th- Laticca is out
July 26th-Laticca is out

Let me know what you guys think :afro:

delightfulflame
06-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Hi Ladies!

If we meet in August, I&#39;m not available the 8th or the 15th. But if you get enough women who can meet, definitely don&#39;t let me hinder ya&#39;ll!

newoman
06-27-2003, 01:25 AM
Hey Ladies,
I know this is short notice, but I&#39;ll be in Memphis for a few days during the 4th of July weekend (until the 8th). If any of you ladies would like to meet one of those days let me know. :thumbsup:

I&#39;m so excited about going home for a few days, recently moved to NJ :pumpheart:

elleebeme5
06-27-2003, 01:34 AM
I might be interested in an August gathering.

laticca8
07-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Looks like we&#39;re bombin&#39; out here with these dates! :huh: It looks like I&#39;ll be around for the 19th through the 23rd, so we can reconsider those dates. I&#39;m not sure whether we&#39;ll be in town this weekend, so I won&#39;t commit to the 5th.

splendidlox
07-07-2003, 03:18 AM
Is Saturday the 12th of July okay for anyone? If not that leaves us the first weekend in August (Aug 2nd). Let me know - as of now I will be working every Saturday starting 7/14/03- 8/29/03. So if we choose a date in August I can&#39;t make it on Saturdays/Sundays but Fridays are open for me.

Y&#39;all know my pool is still open anytime for ya - &#39;CrazyCurls&#39; and her crew came over this weekend and we had a BALL :P

HOLLA BACK :thumbsup:

Info
07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
"Y&#39;all know my pool is still open anytime for ya - &#39;CrazyCurls&#39; and her crew came over this weekend and we had a BALL"

Girllllllllll, I want a pool now!! The dog has to go, I don&#39;t care if hubby&#39;s mad, I WANT A POOL!!!!! :lol: I enjoyed the heck out of myself and the kids..Well, you know you&#39;re their second mama now :lol: But these dates sound fine to me I&#39;m up for whatever so if anyone wants to meet, let a sistah know!

Paulette