PDA

View Full Version : Bunchy Hair!

xesketel
10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have been naptural for 1 year and my hair is 6 inches long. I would love to wear a puff but my hair tends to bunch up alot. Is there something like brushing that I can do to fix this. My strands are fine and I am wanted to get soem suggestions first before I tried anything that could cause damage. At first I thought it was because I needed a trim but I have trimmed and its still bunchy. Please help.

BTW, I have been having problems for the past few days getting in to the website. So if anyone has any suggestions please email me at:

xesketel6@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Marsha

peachmari
10-29-2004, 06:41 AM
hey xesketel :razz

my suggestion is that after you wash your hair section it off in 4-6 twist or braids (you can also try banding) to help strech out the coils. just fluff out the twist and put it up.

good luck

Dolliesdaughter
10-29-2004, 12:45 PM
By bunching do you mean that your hair shrinks up? If so, that is just the way natural hair is. By all means you can stretch it out by banding, or braiding if you have the time but there is nothing wrong with a shrunk puffed. It is all natural and it is all you so it is beautiful.

wildandkinky
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
6 inches may be a bit on the short side for a ponytail puff, but this is what I recommend:

After washing, while hair is wet, apply some moisturizer (Can be a leave in, I use a body cream based on shea butter) and section your hair with bands; lower back, top, front left front right. Brush lower back (kitchen) into a ponytail and secure with a band, then brush the top into a ponytail around it (a puff in a puff, like an onion) then brush the front parts into a ponytail, you will probably need some clips.
Voilà , sleek puff without gel or heat.
Let it dry like this and you can easily make a puff the next day without washing.

xesketel
10-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Ladies,

Wonderful thanks for the suggestions. I will try them and see what works.

Alken when I say bunching I mean that my hair has a tendancy to clump together.

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
10-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by xesketel@Oct 30 2004, 08:20 AM
Alken when I say bunching I mean that my hair has a tendancy to clump together.
My hair clumps together too, but I don't sweat it too much...I just let it do it's own thing. I might just fluff it a little with my fingers, but I think the clumped look looks cool so I don't mess with it too much 8)