PDA

View Full Version : Dry Scalp

Cinnamon42
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
:rolling Hey Fam,

Need some guidance, started my loc journery Oct.2nd, w/bradelocz. The itchees got the best of me, and I shampooed yesterday w/ Suave clarifying shampoo, also, used IC leave in conditioner. Today my scalp is very dry, and itchy again.

What have you used for dry scalp? When I had a perm I didn't use oil on my scalp, because it would make my scalp itch, and weighed my hair down.

Thx.
Cinn

sonshinescoils
11-01-2004, 04:21 AM
water. i rinse, i smooth on a tiny dab of oil (to lock in the moisture). i spritz with water/EO or aloe juice/tea tree then a dab of oil.

water is the best thing for dryness.

ETA: you might also consider switching to a moisturizing shampoo. or basically, something other than a clarifier. those shampoos are designed to strip buildup and may also strip your scalp of the oils it needs. try another shampoo. not to mention, i'm not so sure that a leave'in is the best thing for your hair/scalp either.

ssc

Natural Kinks
11-01-2004, 04:32 AM
IA with sonshine. Also watch how your hair reacts to the leave in conditioner cause conditioner is not a good idea for starter locs - can cause unraveling and slow down the process.

mzrayona06
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
After I wash, and maybe every 3 days, I use almond oil on my hair-not the roots. I especially like to do this when its wet, because I rub my hands (coated in oil) through my wet hair, and the oil coats the shaft, eventually making its way to my scalp. Its light enough that it doesnt cause build up, but it also lubes my scalp just enough to keep it from being dry. I have terrible dandruff otherwise, but now that Im using almond oil, and Nizoral shampoo, I don't seem to have that problem anymore.

QueenJahzara
11-01-2004, 01:54 PM
i USE ALmond & olive oil constantly!
Blesss

I soak my locks in the oil and after that I put conditioner diltuted with water in my locks..Rinse it al out.. stays good for like a week.