PDA

View Full Version : Dry Color Treated Hair

SexyMocha304
11-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Before I started my locs, I colored my hair with Clairol's Textures and Tones. The day after, I started my locs. I usually rinse my hair everyday in the shower, and if I don't get to do that, I'll spritz it with my water/olive oil/tea tree oil mix. Still, my hair/scalp seems to be really dry. Some of the hairs on my ends seem to be snapping off as well (not really bad, but enough for me to notice). I just want to know what can I do to bring some moisture into my hair so it won't be crackling dry. Thanks!

Simplyloc
11-03-2004, 02:09 PM
ORS Hair Mayonnaise! Once a week (for 1 month), rinse for at least 10 minutes with a big jet under the sink. Do not use hot water because you will have left over eggs on your hair-- cold/warm water only.

Every 3-4 days for a couple weeks you can do a hot oil treatment and i would wash the hair more often to ensure that all the chemical left over is gone.

Also if you are going to use any type of coloring either so call natural or chemical DO NOT leave it more then 5-10 minutes!
If color is the only thing you want this should be enough, more then that will change your natural hair texture and damage it a lot more. If you enjoy coloring your hair at least ensure that you minimize the damage on it. All chemical will damage your hair. If you cannot do it on your own without damaging, seek the help of a professionnal. Or even better do not color it.
I personnaly color my hair but do not suggest it. You have to know what you are doing other wise you can be in big trouble!

Hope that help--you can always e-mail me for more personnal detail information...

Natural Kinks
11-03-2004, 09:52 PM
It's possible that rinsing everyday is drying it out. Do a trial and try every two days and see if you notice a difference.