PDA

View Full Version : Locs & Working Out

Natural Kinks
11-06-2004, 01:59 PM
For those of you who work out on a regular basis - do you rinse after each work out? If you don't rinse then what are the effects on your hair? What is your wash routine if you work out regularly?

buckeyechick
11-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I just starting locing like a month ago. My locitian said to only wash once week during this stage but I normally rinse my after really intense workouts. If I don't rinse my literally stinks, so I have to rinse my hair out.

Cinnamon42
11-06-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm in the beginning stage as well (5 wks.) I sweat profusely in my head, after working out I use Claudio St. James Blue Ice. It removes dirt & excessive oils.

DragonflyLocs
11-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I appreciated these tips as well -because I just started my workout routine but I feared that it would begin to unravel if I rinsed it too much.

PHRIZZY
11-06-2004, 10:30 PM
I work out 4 days a week and I don't rinse. I don't sweat excessively so I just wait until my normal wash day. I do spray my hair everyday also.

LBellatrix
11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Right now, every morning I rinse my hair. I work out 5 days a week, usually after work. Depending on how much sweat's up there and whether I'm going someplace afterward, I'll rinse again in the shower. Normally I don't, though, because I guess I don't sweat a whole lot in the scalp area.

ETA: I don't have baby locs. My locs are almost a year old and fairly settled IMO.

Natural Kinks
11-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies. See I am a serious sweater so I'm thinking that I will need to rinse. For those of you who don't rinse does the sweat dry out your hair?

alma2254
11-07-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't work out often, I would like to start again -but I know sweat is very drying on my locs.

In the past, I had to rinse my locs thoroughly after a workout, the sweat gets my locs and scalp feeling very dull.

marissasensei
11-08-2004, 02:48 AM
I work out 4-5 times a week. I don't rinse afterward, but I do spritz my hair with a little water and oil or leave-in conditioner. I'd like to think that doing that helps neutralize the sweat, though the only evidence I have of that is the fact that I don't have a problem with my locs being dry. I also leave my hair down so it can air out so the sweat doesn't just sit in my hair and scalp.

crazylikedatglue
11-13-2004, 05:27 PM
How old our your locs? My hair takes several hours to dry so I do not rinse after evry work out. However, I do wash my hair after every three workouts.

Natural Kinks
11-13-2004, 06:29 PM
@crazylikedatglue - My locs are three months old this Tuesday so I'm a newbie. I would wash my hair after every three workouts too so I am not sure I will have to see how my scalp reacts I guess cause I am a heavy sweater.