PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Salons In Al?

HappiNappi
06-13-2003, 02:09 PM
I relocated to Huntsville, AL from KC, MO & would like to find a natural hair salon. If anyone out there knows of any, please reply.

Thanks!

gs03abr
06-17-2003, 12:16 AM
There's a salon in Birmingham called Changes Natural Hair and Wellness Spa. I'm not sure of the number but you can look them up. There was a natural hair show in Atlanta this past weekend and they were their. Their hair was really nice. HTH!!!

Alaina

RandaJ80
06-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Changes Salon and Spa (http://www.naturalhairandskin.com/)

Here is the link to the website. Sonja Tutuwan is the co-owner. We have an Alabama hair group called Southern Kinks. She did one of our member's locs (Carlethea). If you join our Yahoo group, you can see her pictures. We are also having our 2nd hair day next Saturday, June 28, in Montgomery if you are interested in coming.

Miranda

rozlips
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm in Huntsville also, I'll give them a call tomorrow to get some idea of their prices. It might be worth a road trip.

rozlips
06-25-2003, 02:37 AM
Okay, I called today. The prices start at $50 for two-strands w/o extensions and $185 for two-strands with extensions. I also plan to get my gray colored, but I don't want extensions in my twists.

BrownSista
06-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey Miranda, Roslyn, and HappiNappi!

I went to Changes on Wednesday and it cost $50 to have my locs started! Changes is a very nice salon that sells natural hair & makeup products, provides massages, and other spa services. I had to ride up from Montgomery to Birmingham to have my hair done but it was worth the drive. Check them out and you'll enjoy their vibe!

Bless,
Dee-Dee :D

BrownSista
06-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by HappiNappi@Jun 13 2003, 09:09 AM
I relocated to Huntsville, AL from KC, MO & would like to find a natural hair salon. If anyone out there knows of any, please reply.

Thanks!
Hey HappiNappi & Roslyn,
I just found this address on the naturalhair.org site, I'm not sure if this salon does natural hair or not but you can call and find out.

Black, Bold & Beautiful
2418 Memorial Pkwy, NW
Huntsville, AL 35818
256-332-0660

RandaJ80
06-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey Dee-Dee,

I didn't even know you were considering locs. I sure they look good. Be sure to post a picture since I won't be there Sat.

Miranda

BrownSista
06-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RandaJ80@Jun 27 2003, 12:38 PM
Hey Dee-Dee,

I didn't even know you were considering locs. I sure they look good. Be sure to post a picture since I won't be there Sat.

Miranda
Hey lady,

I've been thinking about since I chopped all my hair off. :blink:

Well, the hair day is cancelled until further notice! But I will post pictures on the site this weekend of my baby locs.

Bless,
Dee-Dee

rozlips
06-28-2003, 01:58 AM
Oooh, I'm angry at myself. I went to LuvLocs today and I'm not at all happy. The girl did a good job with the twists, but I'm not at all happy with the atmosphere. She had two babies to take care of, then her boyfriend and his pals showed up, then she had to stop to eat, then she spent way too much time on the phone, then her friend came by. Not to mention the rap music thumping in the background. Not my atmosphere at all. I think I'll be going down to Changes, I'd hoped to avoid a road trip, but I want a RELAXED atmosphere in a salon, not this madness.

BrownSista, do you know if they do facials there? I'm desperately seeking a black aesthetician. I'm taking fertility hormones and my skin is shot! I checked their website and there's no price list and no list of services.

BrownSista
06-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rozlips@Jun 27 2003, 08:58 PM
Oooh, I'm angry at myself. I went to LuvLocs today and I'm not at all happy. The girl did a good job with the twists, but I'm not at all happy with the atmosphere. She had two babies to take care of, then her boyfriend and his pals showed up, then she had to stop to eat, then she spent way too much time on the phone, then her friend came by. Not to mention the rap music thumping in the background. Not my atmosphere at all. I think I'll be going down to Changes, I'd hoped to avoid a road trip, but I want a RELAXED atmosphere in a salon, not this madness.

BrownSista, do you know if they do facials there? I'm desperately seeking a black aesthetician. I'm taking fertility hormones and my skin is shot! I checked their website and there's no price list and no list of services.
Hello Roslyn,

Well, before you make that long trip call the Black, Bold & Beautiful to see if they do any types of natural hair!

Bless,
Dee-Dee

BamaFro
07-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie to the group.
I know B'ham (not to mention, Hunstville) is a ways from Montgomery, but I DO know that there is a hair show, African Braids and Beyond, right up the street from my school (college) in Montgomery. I plan to go there before the school year starts in August to get my 'fro "did" in some type of braid style. (I think my 'fro might be long enough to sport some braids with beads at the end.) I'll let you know how it works out ! ! ! :eatpop:

BamaFro