PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Add Some Additional Color

Dreamyb
06-14-2003, 08:08 PM
to my face.

yeah, i wanna wear some lip color but i was wondering if anyone around these parts have tried making their own makeup. anyone?

i could just purchase some but if i can make my own why buy?

i know beets can add color but what about other natural colorants?

i know you kitchen chemists have this on lock so help a sistah out :D

Dreamyb
06-15-2003, 09:02 PM
ok, maybe i gave the kitchen chemists too much credit. :lol:

no one has any ideas? aight, i'll do a net search.

peace.

blkrighteousspace1
06-15-2003, 09:29 PM
if i would have paid attention...i would have seen the thread :( ...i never really got too much into make-up making...but different natural powders that have pigmentation

several of the iron oxides....runs in a range of dark brown to like a yellow-ish, maize color.....they are really subtle colorings though...not totally out there like synthetic make-up

mangosteen-Malaysian fruit offers a reddish-stain....the fruit is actually like a purplish color and the skin is bitter in taste

titanium dioxide is also used to dilute powders if you are trying to lighten up a powder or something.

mica-is used to create the sparkly effect...like a glittery look

chlorophyll- gives you a green pigment (you probably knew that already)

It's been a while since i've looked in a natural cosmetic book....but usually most health food stores and your local library has a pretty mediocre stock.....

sorry i couldn't be of more help.

here's a link also...that may be a jump-off http://www.healthwell.com/hnbreakthroughs/..._s1.cfm?path=hw (http://www.healthwell.com/hnbreakthroughs/apr98/10413_s1.cfm?path=hw)

Dreamyb
06-15-2003, 09:43 PM
ey,blkrighteousspace1,you have provided me with more info than I expected :D

blkrighteousspace1
06-15-2003, 10:02 PM
i try....because i tried my hand at making make-up ONCE....needless to say...i learned i'm not a make-up artist...i tried to do some bronze powder....i used titanium oxide, some of the iron oxide (a darker brown and a little of the reddish and some yellow color), i got some mica.....needless to say.....it didn't look cute on me...but a friend of mine who is about a Nila wafer complexion....the bronzer was cute on her. Luckily, since I used to work at a health-food store, and had a friend who was handy on the register....I had EXCELLENT discounts and was only out of $11.

I remember reading somewhere about original Kohl liner that was worn in KMT...being made from the ash of frankincense and something else....but i'm a little leery about putting that so close to my eyes especially wearing contacts (that's why i don't do eyeliner, mascara and the whole nine)