PDA

View Full Version : Girl, Get Your Money Straight

napptical1
06-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Has anyone read this book? I am on the path to financial rehabilitation (shopaholic--PJism large factor). I am looking for good reading but practical. HAs to be more than book reading but realistic tips and good informaiton. Anyone read anything good? Their are books geared toward AA women, AAs in general, books by women (suze orman), and just good books. Anyone read anything that changed their financial lifestyle?

wannabenappy
06-15-2003, 07:37 PM
I have this book and she's gives some really great advice. She really gets to the root of the relationship between black women and their money. I too am trying to get my finances straight. I had to move back home in order to play catch up on some bills. Hopfully I'll reach my financial goal by the end of the year.

divajag
06-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Glinda Bridgforth wrote that book. It is one of my favorites.

I also recommend any book by Suze Orman as well. The "Nine Steps to Financial Freedom" is a great buy but all the others are worth reading as well.

I visit the Motley Fool (www.fool.com) and peruse their message boards for support.

true2self
06-19-2003, 03:54 AM
I haven't read the book you're talking about but I highly recommend Suze Orman's "Road to Wealth"..in it she basically breaks down everything, and tells you exact steps to take to get your stuff together. I have taken her advice and have done really well this past year, plus learned a lot!

Or you could just check out Suze's show, on I think, MSNBC?

natural_delta
06-20-2003, 12:50 AM
I bought this book a little over a year ago and it is great. I cut my cable off as a temporary gesture to help save money and I havent had cable since. I however do get a few channels for about $6 a month! I highly recommend this book to all of us who want to become debt free.

naima52
06-21-2003, 04:00 AM
:afro: There are a couple I like better than Bridgeforth, they are both by Brooke Stephens, "Wealth Happens One Day At A Time," and "Talking Dollars And Making Sense." She puts the info where one can get it. BTW I think she is Anita Baker's sister in law.

Sis

kudurunzinga
07-02-2003, 10:51 PM
That fools.com really works!!!! I tried one of their tips which is to call the credit card company and ask for a lower interest rate. After talking to three different customer service representatives I got my rate lowered by 5%!!!!!!
I can not tell you how happy I am!!!! Another major step towards being debt free... :thumbsup: