PDA

View Full Version : Basic Beauty/Make Up Tips book

curlyhoo
11-25-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey everyone, okay here's my deal. For all of my life I have never worn make up. I mean I've worn powder and some lipstick, but nothing substancial. Well I'm thinking that now I would like to start wearing it because I feel like I need a change in some of the things that I want. Anyway I don't have a clue as to where to start, or what to do. So does anybody have any recommendations about books I can read so that I can at least start the process of wearing make up. I don't want to ask my family or my friends because they will make a big deal out of it and I really don't want to hear their extracurricular comments at this point. I just need something simple to start off with that has clear and concise instructions or recommendations. So if any of you have read a good make up book, let a sista know. Thanks.

Opportunitylocks
11-25-2004, 06:05 AM
My advice first would be to decide what look your going for natural, polished or all out glam. After that find makeup books with your beauty philosiphy is.Also look through magazines and tear out looks you like and try to recreate them. Essence is a good source for inspiration. Bobbi Brown's beauty Evolution for example is a great book if you like the natural look. Where as Kevon Aucoin making faces is for the dramtic. Sonia Kashuk book, REAL BEAUTY is the one I highly recommend because it comes with a DVD showing you how to apply makeup step by step. I think that one will be perfect for you to use. See if you can get them from the library first.

So heres a clearer list of books that I have used and liked:

Beauty Evolution, bobbi brown
Real Beauty, Sonia Kashuk
Basic face, Cindy Craford

*SupaSista*
12-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Fine Beauty by: Sam Fine (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=Wl5SURYAnC&isbn=1573220957&itm=2) <---------click there

one of the industrys best! and it is for us brown women!!! i own it and love it!!! it&#39;s great if you just want some basic tips... good for all different types of looks.