PDA

View Full Version : Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap

aikanru
11-29-2004, 07:16 AM
i recently decided to maintain my locs by myself. so i brought some products and one was peppermint soap. i have the liquid form. the directions say to dillute the soap. I got an empty 1 liter plastic coke bottle and added two drops and filled the rest with water. to my surprise the mixture did not produce much suds at all. :wacko: i added a few more drops, still no suds. i washed my hair with the mixture anyways. just wanted to ask whether i did this right? :)

LBellatrix
11-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Nope. You need more soap. :)

I just started using Dr's B's peppermint again (after using almond for most of the last year). Because it's a little stronger than almond, I dilute it approximately 5 to 1: meaning 5 parts water to 1 part soap.

If you're using a liter bottle, try putting in 1/4 cup soap and 1-1/4 cups water. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly how many cups are in a liter but hopefully you get the point.

Keep in mind that what works for me may not necessarily work for you. Folks here dilute anywhere from 2 to 1 to 8 to 1. You may have to play with the proportions a bit.

At least you used too little soap instead of too much. Your hair could be seriously crunchy right now. :)

Good luck...

linette411
11-29-2004, 03:16 PM
I did what was easy for me. For example if I have a 12 oz bottle of soap I would dilute it with 12 oz of water.

mahsoul1
11-30-2004, 06:05 AM
ive used Dr Bronner's Peppermint to bathe with and it does not produce alot of suds. I am thinking of trying it in my hair. Im gonna take the advice here and play around with the proporttions.

dialect1
12-01-2004, 03:43 AM
The more water added the less suds, as others said you need to experiment a little until you find a good mix. Also try washing with another soap, almond or lavender, every now and then. Remember less is more.

Bless Up !!!

SexyMocha304
12-01-2004, 03:47 AM
To dilute, I emptied a little over half of the Dr. Bronners Soap bottle into a jar and put it away, then I filled the bottled to the brim with water and shook it up. Everytime I wash my hair, I keep filling the bottle to the brim with water, and if I begin to lose suds, then I just get some of the soap out the jar and put it in the bottle. Doing this also seems to make it last a lot longer.