PDA

View Full Version : Loc texture changing



alma2254
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I have noticed that my locs look so different after washing and drying...then a few days later, they appear so much more smoother until I wash them again and the bumps really show...

Does anyoine get that?
Or does your locs always just appear to look the same?

SoulStar
11-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by alma2254@Nov 29 2004, 05:17 AM
I have noticed that my locs look so different after washing and drying...then a few days later, they appear so much more smoother until I wash them again and the bumps really show...

Does anyoine get that?
Or does your locs always just appear to look the same?

625311



I noticed that over the past few months my loc texture has changed. Not the so much the root texture, just the thickness and density of the locs has changed. They are getting that good ancient maturity about them. More characters since they are free form.

23psalms
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SoulStar@Nov 29 2004, 01:57 PM
I noticed that over the past few months my loc texture has changed. Not the so much the root texture, just the thickness and density of the locs has changed. They are getting that good ancient maturity about them. More characters since they are free form.

625649



I've noticed this too, and just thought it was me. After a wash, they are much looser and smooth, but by the third day, they appear firmer and lumpier. Freeform thing maybe?!?

honeychild
12-02-2004, 12:11 AM
the 'character' of my locs definitely changed over the years. i remember being a little sad when the bumps and 'chewiness' started to diminish; i'd started to really like the interesting texture. as they matured they seemed to become more dense and uniform in texture. that grew on me too after a while, though!

ultimately i really enjoyed learning that, even though the hair was 'locked' it doesn't stop changing and growing and being interesting to observe. for an aquarius as addicted to playing in her hair as i was, this was vital. ;)

amalah9
12-02-2004, 03:25 AM
I've noticed this also.

LBellatrix
12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I stopped doing the daily rinse this week and yeah, I've noticed that my locs REALLY look like locs now.

Natural Kinks
12-03-2004, 07:36 PM
@LBellatrix - How is not rinsing making your hair look more like locs? What made you decide to wash every other week now?

karimarie
12-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by alma2254@Nov 29 2004, 01:17 PM
I have noticed that my locs look so different after washing and drying...then a few days later, they appear so much more smoother until I wash them again and the bumps really show...

Does anyoine get that?
Or does your locs always just appear to look the same?

625311



i've noticed that each time water is on my hair now - it's like things change DRASTICALLY - all of a sudden i got these hard dense locs growing - but i think this might be the teenage stage for me....

it's an ever changing thing as of late...

-kari.

Locedluv
12-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Yeah , I've certainly noticed the texture changes. I've been loced a year and four months now and each time i wash my hair they appear fat and fuzzy and when they dry they look like suede. It is certainly very interesting to watch. Then sometimes I see other dread heads with curlier looking dreads...it must be the various hair textures. :unsure:

LBellatrix
12-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Natural Kinks@Dec 3 2004, 02:36 PM
@LBellatrix - How is not rinsing making your hair look more like locs? What made you decide to wash every other week now?

631175


Without daily rinsing, they seem to look like other people's locs, as opposed to looking like my locs. I know that doesn't make sense but...it's hard to explain.

I was experiencing itching recently and I thought I'd try washing less frequently. However, I went on ahead and washed this Sunday as usual and now I'm thinking maybe I haven't been scrubbing enough OR I haven't been rinsing all the shampoo out, because as of right now my scalp feels fine.

QueenJahzara
12-05-2004, 08:05 PM
I am also noticing that my locs look (& feel)so different after washing and drying
when wet... they hang straigth and are heavy

when dry...not heavy anymore & full of volume..they are getting more dense..maybe i am also in my teenage pfase.


soulstar , hi sis!!.....can I see your locks??
bless