PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Gathering - Hotels

HoneyDini
06-18-2003, 03:54 PM
I really hated to start a new topic since there are quite a few out there, but it does make sense to keep the separate issues separate. ;)

Ok, I'll will share the info I found on some hotels below. I asked for group booking rates. For the ones I listed below, there is no in/out parking privledges. There are a few things to consider here. 1) City prices are almost always going to be higher than staying on the outskirts, plus you usually have to pay for parking. 2) Where are most of the activities going to take place? Location may be key...

Rodeway Inn - 1208 Walnut Street (Center City) - Min. Rooms: 15
For 2 Queen beds the rate is $95. Parking is $10.50 for 24 hours.

Best Western - 235 Chestnut Street (Olde City)
The place in not your typical hotel and only has 36 rooms, of which only 4 or 6 has 2 beds in it. For 2 beds, the rate is $153. $145 for a king bed, $135 for a queen. This guy was REALLY trying to sell me this place....free breakfast (belgiam waffles) and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for a snack. Nice location, but I told him to be honest I feel that his place is going to be way out of our budget!

Best Western - 501 North 22nd Street (Parkway/Museum area) - Min rooms: 10
For 2 beds, the rate is $89 with FREE parking.

I've never tried to do a group booking before, can you negotiate with these people?

I will keep looking, but I don't think we're going to find anything much better than this. Most of the rates I found were in the hundreds. I'm looking into a Holiday Inn that is in the Olde City area...I'm waiting for the woman to call me back.

If any Philly heads can point me in another direction to look, PM me!!!!

Natural-Tee
06-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Looks like the Best Western is the best deal! How many need hotel rooms?

BklynQueen
06-20-2003, 10:20 PM
I need a room for Saturday night.

HoneyDini
06-21-2003, 01:10 PM
The lady from the Holiday Inn called me, but now I have to call her back to get the details.

I'm a little late in asking this, but did we ever get a count of how many people would need hotel accomodations and for which nights? I'm assuming the bulk of the people would be arriving on Saturday. Also, are people willing to do 3 to a room? That would also help to split the cost even further. Just some things to think about...

For the record, I don't need hotel accomodations because I'm only about 25 minutes away from downtown Philly. Unfortunately, I don't live alone so I can't open up my "home" to anyone though.

HoneyDini
06-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I heard from the Holiday Inn. They won't be doing any more group bookings because there is a convention in town that weekend, but their regular rates vary from $99-$179.

In all honesty, based on the responses, I don't even know if we'd meet the required minimum of 10 rooms period.

That being said, I'd advise anyone needing hotel accomodations to act quickly! Best to book now....can always cancel later.

I don't know if there is anything else for me to do at this point, but I'll check back to see if I can lend my assistance again, or anyone can just PM me.

H-