PDA

View Full Version : Bible Scripture Needed!

mochacaremel
06-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey ladies,

I want my husband to have a Bible verse engraved on his wedding band. I would like a verse that will edify and encourage him when tempted, or angry, etc. (We are military so there are times we are going to be apart :( )

If anyone has a good selection for husbands, let me know!

Mocha

Medusa Negrita
06-19-2003, 07:26 AM
An eye for eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.

Flip the script and turn the other cheek.

:lol: just kidding. I can't quote anything off hand, but I thought a lot of things in Song of Solomon (or was that Psalms? I forget which) were very nice and poetic.

MzDacia
06-19-2003, 01:11 PM
I like this scripture.

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another." Romans 12:10

I like this scripture because it deals with submission one to another. Both husband and wife are responsible for being comitted to each other.

Submission to me is to uplift and uphold each other. That means to hold each other down even when times get rough.

Be blessed. :D

Neosoul
06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Ephesians 5:28B - NIV

He who loves his wife loves himself.

I think this about sums it up. Best wishes to you on your upcoming nuptials. God be with you both as He blesses your union.

-Nicky-

eri
06-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Neosoul@Jun 19 2003, 09:03 AM

i really like that one.

i like these and they are often overlooked when referencing marriage. i know you will have to cut them short if you want the whole verse engraved, but i thought i'd type all of it.

ecc. 9:9 enjoy life with the woman you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

hos. 2:19 I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and in compassion,
and I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
then you will know the Lord. (new american standard)
best wishes mocha!

eri
06-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Neosoul@Jun 19 2003, 09:03 AM

i really like that one.

i like these and they are often overlooked when referencing marriage. i know you will have to cut them short if you want the whole verse engraved, but i thought i'd type all of it.

ecc. 9:9 enjoy life with the woman you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

hos. 2:19 I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and in compassion,
and I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
then you will know the Lord. (new american standard)
best wishes mocha!

camieo1
06-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Congratulations mochacaremel!

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Peace :pumpheart:

jmnappy
06-19-2003, 09:19 PM
I Corinthians 13:4-8

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.

I know you couldn't possibly fit it all on the ring, but maybe the first part of verse 4.

Medusa Negrita
06-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Man, this is gonna be one big...azz ring.

that why you should pick mine.

I like the flip the other cheek one :D

mochacaremel
06-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Ladies you all are so cute! Thank you for taking the time to help me choose, but.....

I am only engraving the abreviated version i.e. Eph 5: 21-33...(I am really thinking about this one)

Or one of the many other ones you ladies gave me! LOL @ Medusa, one big azz ring...

I really am loving Ecc 9:9 Eri, thank you.

Thank you all for the blessings and well wishes and if you think of any more scriptures, let me know I am taking it to be engraved this weekend!! (or maybe early next week at the latest!)

Mocha

xotikloks
06-21-2003, 03:50 PM
How about part of Song of Solomon 6:3:

I am by beloved's and my beloved is mine.