dilute it, using it as a rinse, twist with it...? Can someone please offer

me some advice on this usuages for it? All responses will be gravely

appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mejayt
12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
excuse my typos

sonshinescoils
12-08-2004, 06:39 PM
try putting water and a lil bit olive oil in a spray bottle and using it as a spritz. or smoothing the oil (just a tiny bit) over your hair after rinsing or washing. you can also twist with it (on damp hair) so that it locks in the moisture.

oils in and of themselves don't moisturize. you need a water based product for that (or just plain ole water), then the oil will lock the moisture in from the water.

you can also add a few drops of essential oils to the spritz or oil blend for scent or stimulation of blood flow/growth--just a few drops with EOs. they are very potent; you want to make sure that they are well diluted--never use them directly on skin.

hope this helps.

mrscrowder
12-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah...what she said :)

QueenJahzara
12-08-2004, 07:57 PM
i PUT A CUP OF OF OIL IN MY LOCKS , MASSAGE THE SCALP , AND RINSE IT WITH ONLY WATER..SO A LITTLE BIT OF OIL STAYS IN MY LOCKS.

bLESS

mejayt
12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
thanks for the tips. i may try the olive oil rinse idea. appreciate it guys!

luvnme1st
12-09-2004, 11:57 AM
My friend saturates her locs with X-Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil, puts a cap on it for twenty minutes, then she washes it. She does that every time she washes and she said it has made a huge difference in the way her locs look.

When my locs finally mature, I plan to follow this routine.

thunderstorm
12-09-2004, 12:35 PM
isn't that a slippery mess in the shower and all over your body when you wash it out, especially if you are only rinsing with water?

blufaerie
12-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by thunderstorm@Dec 9 2004, 08:35 AM
isn't that a slippery mess in the shower and all over your body when you wash it out, especially if you are only rinsing with water?

Not if you wash in the sink. When I do treatments or ACV rinses, I do it in the kitchen sink.

QueenJahzara
12-10-2004, 05:23 PM
isn't that a slippery mess in the shower and all over your body when you wash it out, especially if you are only rinsing with water?"

Nope!!! and a bit of oilive oil is good for the skin too!!

sharynleigh
12-10-2004, 05:59 PM
I saturate my locs with olive oil before shampooing every time. Slip on a plastic cap for about 20 minutes and then shampoo in the shower. There is never an oily mess. As a result my locs are soft and moisturized until the next shampoo which is usually about 10 days later.