PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Why do some white people think

Jazitones
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
that Black people know all the famous black people in the world. This white guy in my office is forever trying to talk to me about Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and etc. He will always make his business every morning to talk about black events to me such as the what crime is being committed by another black person or did you see such and such on TV last night (black person). <_<

So here is what I did, :dunno: because maybe I though this guy was really interested in black folks. I started talking to him about kwanza, and other culture events (in my area) on black folks and blew him away. He actually got offended that I mentioned culture events to him. He was very uptight about me inviting him to these events. Me being the very vocal person I am. I actually told him that you can talk to me about cultures too. I am not just interested in black folk stuff. :P You can share you irish back ground with me if you like. :dunno: That shut him for a while. Actually I hope it shut him for a long time and stay the hell out of office. :wacko:

Serbbral
12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
[quote]

Typo

skn
12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
that Black people know all the famous black people in the world.

Maybe he was just trying to make conversation? I guess I&#39;m the "tryin-
to-be-on-the-side-of-the-white-guy person this week. :unsure:

Button2004
12-08-2004, 10:43 PM
He is just trying to make conversation, however, he is going about it in a dumb way and making too many assumptions.

White folks on my campus do that a lot. It gets pretty irritating. Especially they way they think we all know each other... :icon_headshake:

Shanna
12-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Button2004@Dec 8 2004, 05:43 PM
He is just trying to make conversation, however, he is going about it in a dumb way and making too many assumptions.

White folks on my campus do that a lot. It gets pretty irritating. Especially they way they think we all know each other... :icon_headshake:

I know! I was in the lunch line this day and one of the workers was introducing herself to me. And then she goes "You probably know my friend Emily." And I&#39;m thinking, "Emily.....? Emily who?" And then she goes "She&#39;s Black." And I&#39;m still looking like "Emily who....?" And now that I have on my bewildered face, she decides to describe the girl. I actually did know her :P , but dang, that was a big assumption. :rolleyes:

vinny_46
12-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Jazitones@Dec 8 2004, 12:44 PM
So here is what I did, :dunno: because maybe I though this guy was really interested in black folks. I started talking to him about kwanza, and other culture events (in my area) on black folks and blew him away. He actually got offended that I mentioned culture events to him. He was very uptight about me inviting him to these events.

:huh: He was offended?? Wow. I guess he didn&#39;t want to "come down" to your level that much. :rolleyes: He probably thought he was doing a good job by discussing "all things black" in the news. :lol:

Jazitones
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah he probably was trying to make conversation, but what really irritated me was when he **** an attitude. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jazitones
12-08-2004, 11:26 PM
double post :doh

PrincessDrRe
12-11-2004, 04:44 PM
I&#39;m quick to embarrass "them" when we are going out to eat....and "they" say something like "KFC" or "Popeye&#39;s".....I say.....

I don&#39;t like fried chicken......

...the silence is deep.

I actually do like fried chicken, but it&#39;s the shock value I love to see!!!

snellie
12-11-2004, 06:07 PM
I used to get that a lot when I was @ my all-white high school. I think that they believe that we (black people) don&#39;t expand ourselves outside our culture. They think this way b/c white people don&#39;t extend themselves outside of their culture besides what they hear about black people in the news and see on TV (Tiger Woods & Serena Williams). The whites see these topics as their only connection or common ground with us. White people have the luxury of not giving a d*mn about other cultures. We, on the other hand, do not.