PDA

View Full Version : Nyc Moms Au Natural

nubian indigo
06-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey all MOM's, Aunties, and Godmama's...

How about we get some ideas out there on creative activities & outings that can be shared with our children...

Of the top of my head suggestions:

NYC MUSEUMS

Brooklyn Museum of Art
The Children's Museum
The Museum of Natural History and Planetarium
Botanical Gardens

Just to name a few...also...City Parks Events...(trying to keep entrance costs down...because you know that they will want more things once inside of the event...plus food :D )

What do you think...? More suggestions PLEASE... :D Give a holla back yall...

nubian

Deej
06-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Didn't we try to do this a while back? I hope we really get this one together.

I was planning to take my two year old son to the Bronx Zoo for the first time this summer, that might be nice.

I'm down for whatever is decided.

nubian indigo
06-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes we did and as I remeber it the responses were full of great locations & scheduled events but nothing was organized to get together...maybe the suggestion was too late in the summer (I think I made the suggestion late summer / early fall)

So now we have a jump on things trying to get organized a bit early...

The Bronx Zoo sounds great...There's also the Central Park Zoo...and I think the Brooklyn Zoo is still open as well.

Please post the dates you plan on going to the Bronx Zoo so that all that can participate can meet up...this is a great idea...and can be an ongoing activity to all of the area city zoo's. There's gotta be at least one or two locations & dates that we can all get to.

Also...I was entertaining the idea of going to Rye Playland...I believe that it is still operating and we can get there with some 'low tension' :lol: public connections (NYC transit - Metro North)...there's a pool, rides and there's even a beach...

Gotta check out current charges...

...gotta get my day started now... :P one of those days when I really just want to stay home and go ALL OVAH the net...TTFN

nubian

nubian indigo
06-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Had a thought...

To not make it so 'do or die' as it comes to the gatherings...let's just say that week or two notice can do for...low cost...fun

ex: 'Hey yall I'm going to________ next week and the entrance cost is like $0-$5 (maybe $7, $9 like that) and the traveling is ez please post if you want to join in the fun and we'll set up a meeing at the main entrance gate...etc.'

You know like that sort of scenario for the most part...I think it will take the pressure off for those that really want to do something but are like 'well I have to re arrange my whole life to do that ONE NAPPY GATHERING THING for the WHOLE summer... :blink:'

...It's not like that...it's just as simple as we make it...on an ongoing basis so that nobody has that 'left out' feeling going on...because we can always have something going on if we want...you get the idea... :thumbsup:

O.K. now this is the real TTFN

nubian

Genipha
06-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I am a new mom (5 month old DS) and new to this site but I am very interested. I live in Brooklyn!

Jen

nubian indigo
06-21-2003, 01:30 AM
YEAH...!! :D

Ebonique
06-21-2003, 03:04 AM
I don't have any kids, but I thought I'd suggest Coney Island if the weather's nice. Or the NY Aquarium if it's still open.

nubian indigo
06-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Thank you..!!!

vuqua1
06-24-2003, 01:44 PM
I think a park or museum would be nice.

My son is 16 months old, perhaps we can organize according to age.

I personally would like to meet up with you ladies but I wouldn't want to go somewhere if my son couldn't have the full experience. (ie, an event that entertains a 5/6 yr. old may not be interesting to a 2 yr. old)

Do y'all get what I am saying?