PDA

View Full Version : Distilled Water

Inspired
01-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I was looking at some of the homemade recipes online??

One of the recipes required distilled water.>>>>>>
Can you make distilled water? or is that something you have to buy in the store?

acjazz28
01-30-2003, 01:18 PM
I was looking at some of the homemade recipes online??

One of the recipes required distilled water.>>>>>>
Can you make distilled water? or is that something you have to buy in the store?

You can buy it at the store, or make it for free by boiling a pot of water...same concept, ya know? :D

HTH,

acjazz28 http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

locdeeva
03-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks for info. I was wondering the samething myself.

Peace

blacque_girl
03-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Dumb question, but do u strain it after u boil it??? I boiled a pot of water and afterit cooled, there was sort of a white film on top. :?

mommytimes2
04-23-2003, 01:31 AM
I think it would be better to just buy the distilled water from the store. Distilled water is really not very expensive - I bought a gallon of Poland Spring brand of distilled water today for $1.69. I would think you would get some of the residue of your cooking pot mixed in with the water if you tried boiling plain water (i.e. aluminum pot).

When I was in college, I got distilled water for free by using the water processed from my chemistry lab. :)

micarae
04-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Wal-Mart(if you guys have one) has distilled water for .59 cents. :wink:

naijamodel
04-23-2003, 07:26 PM
sorry if this is an ignorant question that has already been answered somewhere else, but why distilled water? how is it preferable to ordinary water for ur hair?

Inspired
04-23-2003, 08:23 PM
If you look on the home recipe board alot of homemade products are suggested to be made with distilled water because it has less impurities and helps the product to last a bit longer.