PDA

View Full Version : Best leave-in

narcissaqtpie
01-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner is my all time favorite leave-in, it has just the right amount of moisture and mixes well with other styling products.

But the product junky in me wants to try something new, any reccommendations?

tamtam
01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Yep :D
Giovanni's Direct-leave-in. I love it. Natural ingredients.

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/WLine/PRO...leaveincond.php (http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/WLine/PROD_dirleaveincond.php)

Medusa Negrita
01-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Right now I am using and like Abba Nourishing. I also like Parnevu T-Tree Leave In. I like to mix things so I might mix the two.

Curlicious
01-21-2003, 08:21 PM
I like PM also. I think Bumble and bumble is slightly better though. ABBA nourishing is also good.

afronappy
01-21-2003, 08:39 PM
my fave is actually a combo in a 4 oz mist spray bottle:

2 parts water (1/2 the bottle)
1 part jojoba oil (1/4 bottle)
1/2 part aveda elixir leave-in
1/2 part nexxus humectress

a few drops of essential oil lavendar for scent

basically a moisture-rich potpourri!

kwiyet/negrita: i tried parnevu once and it actually made my hair DRIER!

how much is abba nourishing??

NappGirlCurl
01-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Right now, I like ABBA Nourishing. I combine it with a dollop of SSLD when I wear my hair "out".

Kandy
01-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Dominican Tropical conditionner I use it as a leave-in and it really works for my hair.

~KanDy~

narcissaqtpie
01-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Hmm I saw the Abba somewhere-cant remember...is this a salon product or can I get it at Sally's?

lilcurls
01-22-2003, 04:34 AM
The leave-in I'm happiest with is Organics Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil conditioner...

dream*kailee
01-22-2003, 04:57 AM
I'd have to say for all day soft and moisturized hair... I love the homemade recipe of :
: part water
: part glycerin
: part vitamin E

it's a must try

:evil:

TeaKyoo
01-22-2003, 05:20 AM
I just leave in regular conditioner my fav is a coconut conditioner (Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner), I leave in about a half dollar size while my hair is still damp and let it air dry.

I find my hair is moisturized all day doing this.

TQ

ayah
01-22-2003, 05:31 AM
I'd have to say Parnevu Tea Tree Leave In is pretty good. Lately I've been using CD Healthy Hair Butter as leave in with fabulous results.

Maestradiva77
01-22-2003, 02:58 PM
[quote]I'd have to say for all day soft and moisturized hair... I love the homemade recipe of :

it's a must try

Cool! Gotta try that!

narcissaqtpie
01-22-2003, 03:18 PM
[quote]I'd have to say for all day soft and moisturized hair... I love the homemade recipe of :

it's a must try

I use a glycerin, water, conditioner spray. I normally spritz it over my leave-in. In the harsh summer sun it was wonderful. I havent used it much in the winter except as a detangler.

Inspired
01-22-2003, 08:42 PM
I just leave in regular conditioner my fav is a coconut conditioner (Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner), I leave in about a half dollar size while my hair is still damp and let it air dry.

I find my hair is moisturized all day doing this.

TQ

You can actually leave in regular conditioner!! I always thought that would damage the hair if it was not washed out.

I like Sebastian potion 9. Still an expensive favorite

D*Ja
01-23-2003, 12:12 AM
My favorites are Sebastian potion #9 and Allways 911 leave in (liquid).

EarthTones
01-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Hmm I saw the Abba somewhere-cant remember...is this a salon product or can I get it at Sally's?

Hi Narcissaqtpie...

ABBA is a salon brand but many have found it in mainstream places...grocery stores ( I saw it in a Stop n' Shop), pharmacies (RiteAid and Eckerd), beauty supply stores (although Sally's doesn't sell it). If you have a Trade Secret, Beauty Express or Ulta salon/beauty supply near you, you should find the line there.

If you want to check out the net I have found good service and sale prices at www.synergiespa.com.

The ABBA Nourishing Leave-In conditioner is my favorite. I also use it as a rinse when I do my conditioner wash.

Hope this helps! 8)

lydicarol
01-23-2003, 02:29 AM
I'm a huge fan of Bumble and Bumble. To me it's like a leave in/styling aid in one. The price is high but it works out for me because the liter last so long. :lol:

EarthTones
01-23-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm a huge fan of Bumble and Bumble. To me it's like a leave in/styling aid in one. The price is high but it works out for me because the liter last so long. :lol:

Lydicarol...

I have seen many of your posts about the Bumble and Bumble, you speak so highly of it, it's tempting!...I might have to dig into my "rainy day" fund and try it! You found it to be slightly more moisturizing than the ABBA Nourishing?

Just when I thought I was recovering from product-junkiness!

Dawn :evil:

lydicarol
01-23-2003, 05:08 PM

Lydicarol...

I have seen many of your posts about the Bumble and Bumble, you speak so highly of it, it's tempting!...I might have to dig into my "rainy day" fund and try it! You found it to be slightly more moisturizing than the ABBA Nourishing?

Just when I thought I was recovering from product-junkiness!

Dawn :evil:

I loved it way more than I did the Abba Nourishing. I think the Abba didn't work too well for me because it has protein which dries my hair out. I've had B&B for about 7-8 months now and I've compared it to other products (believe me I was looking for something cheaper-LOL) and nothing that I used could compare. It holds the moisture in my hair like nothing else. Now mind you this product is best used alone in the summer time- for my wash and go days. In the winter I pair it with something else (like CD HHB when I'm doing twists) on my shampoo days. If you're tempted to try it, wait until the summer time so that you can see the full potential and start off with the smallest size. Hope This Helps :D

Potterville
01-23-2003, 06:03 PM
I would say Elucence conditioner used as a leave in is my #1 choice. Bumble & Bumble is #2 and I tend to use it more in the summer time.

narcissaqtpie
01-23-2003, 06:21 PM

Hi Narcissaqtpie...

ABBA is a salon brand but many have found it in mainstream places...grocery stores ( I saw it in a Stop n' Shop), pharmacies (RiteAid and Eckerd), beauty supply stores (although Sally's doesn't sell it). If you have a Trade Secret, Beauty Express or Ulta salon/beauty supply near you, you should find the line there.

If you want to check out the net I have found good service and sale prices at www.synergiespa.com.

The ABBA Nourishing Leave-In conditioner is my favorite. I also use it as a rinse when I do my conditioner wash.

Hope this helps! 8)

Thanks for the info.

Hey LydiC :D do you get the B&B online or locally? And how much are the different sizes?

NubiRubi
01-23-2003, 06:52 PM
CD HHB is NUMBER 1!!!! :rainbowafro:

littlefish
01-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Oh dear ... why do I see a purchase of B&B's leave-in in my immediate future? :roll:

littlefish
a reluctant product junky

EarthTones
01-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Littlefish I am with you...perusing these boards (particularly this topic) is sooo taboo for recovering products junkies! I think I belong to a subset of product junkies, I am a conditioner junkie!

Lydicarol, thank you for the info on the B+B conditioner...your advice is well received!

Dawn :twisted:

buttercup
01-23-2003, 07:43 PM
My favorite leave-in is definitely Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It is moisturizing and really helps to detangle my 4a hair.

ihgemini
01-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Blessings,
*raising hand slowly* :oops: I too see a Bumble and Bumble purchase in the near future. Does anyone have info on cost? I heard about $17/bottle.

littlefish
01-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Buttercup, I too love the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner as a leave-in. (Love it as a rinse-out conditioner too!) But all this talk about B&B in recent months definitely makes me want to give it a try. I really should "just say no," but I'm weak! I keep telling myself, "OK, [littlefish], buy this one product and then no more." But do I listen? NO! I'm a naughty product junky! :roll:

littlefish

truepeace
01-23-2003, 09:51 PM
African Royale Daily Doctor. It is inexpensive and keeps my hair moist and soft all day.

lydicarol
01-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Hey LydiC :D do you get the B&B online or locally? And how much are the different sizes?

Hey Chickie,

I purchase B&B at their salon in NYC.

The cost are as follows:

The 2 oz cost $5, 8 oz is $13 and liter is $35

You can order it online at http://www.bumbleandbumble.com

If you check out their site, there is a number to order directly from them.

afronappy
01-24-2003, 03:12 AM

i saw abba nourishing in a big old (huuuge) 33.8 oz. bottle for $13 at Safeway- a grocery store!

available online at:

http://www.labeauty.com/abba.htm (includes economy sizes)

http://www.evabeauty.com/original/abba/

buttercup
01-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh my goodness, littlefish!!!! That is so funny that you mentioned that you have been tempted to buy the B&B. I too have been tempted. When I was writing the post on the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, I was doing self-talk to myself saying "you do not need to try the B&B, you are happy with the Elucence conditioner" (LOL) What the heck, I am going to try it. Do you know where I can purchase it??????

EarthTones
01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Oh my goodness, littlefish!!!! That is so funny that you mentioned that you have been tempted to buy the B&B. I too have been tempted. When I was writing the post on the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, I was doing self-talk to myself saying "you do not need to try the B&B, you are happy with the Elucence conditioner" (LOL) What the heck, I am going to try it. Do you know where I can purchase it??????

Hi Buttercup...you can check out the store/salon locator on www.bumbleandbumble.com to find a local salon that sells it. One of the other ladies in the forum told me she bought her first bottle for a great price on eBay.

Dawn :)

buttercup
01-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction, EarthTones. I will check it out.

Tami2shoes
01-24-2003, 08:12 PM
I went shopping last weekend and couldn't decide which to buy, the B&B or the ABBA. I went with the ABBA because it was cheaper. I must say that my hair did detangle easily, but it didn't feel too great once it dried. I must recommend the Africa's Orgainics Tea Tree Cholesterol Leave-in for the winter. I just love that stuff, it detangles, tingles, and leaves my hair moist. Maybe I'll just try the Abba again in the summer. Can't wait to try that B&B though...

buttercup
01-25-2003, 10:24 PM
To those who like the Bumble and Bumble, which product in particular works best for 3c-4b hair. I went to the website, but there are many products. Thanks in advance for your help.

BrownSista
01-26-2003, 02:44 AM

it's a must try

Hey dream*kailee,
Do you use liquid vitamin E or a capsule in your mix?

BrownSista

:B-fly:

NaturalK
01-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Truepeace,

I'm lovin' African Royale DD too!

diji
01-28-2003, 01:28 PM
I love the Giovanni -it has replaced PM. By the way I'm 0-cottony with about 3inches. It gives great moisture and can be used with other products

Nubiyan
01-30-2003, 05:27 AM
Oh dear... I think I'm in love...

I just tried my new bottle of Bumble and Bumble leave in. Initial response -I LOVE IT! My hair is completely dry and so moisturized! Yea! :D

KinkyCoils
01-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Right now I'm using ABBA, but have recently like yesterday decided to try the Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray and I like that one too. BUT, I have to say I'll probably stick with the ABBA.

Inspired
01-30-2003, 01:18 PM

I just tried my new bottle of Bumble and Bumble leave in. Initial response -I LOVE IT! My hair is completely dry and so moisturized! Yea! :D

NUBiyan, Where did you get your bottle from and how much was it?? I'm eyeing a bottle on beautydeals.com. Too much on online shopping for me though

Nubiyan
01-30-2003, 01:27 PM
NUBiyan, Where did you get your bottle from and how much was it?? I'm eyeing a bottle on beautydeals.com. Too much on online shopping for me though

I got mine from a salon downtown. I went to the bumble and bumble website (www.bumbleandbumble.com) and did a search for salons that carry the product. I just KNEW there wasn't going to be one anywhere near me and that I'd end up ordering it by phone. But, lo and behold, a salon just five minutes from me carried the line! So, I marched myself on up there and bought the 2 oz. bottle. I will be back :D

If you live in NC, PM me. I can give you more specifics :)

lydicarol
01-30-2003, 03:18 PM

:D

GalaxyGirl2010
01-30-2003, 08:36 PM
:D I'm picturing all of you with white lab coats on, afro puffs, safety goggles and bottles of stuff with droppers for mixing and pouring :P I cant wait until I have enough hair to really start experimenting with stuff...

Inspired
01-31-2003, 01:34 PM
:D I'm picturing all of you with white lab coats on, afro puffs, safety goggles and bottles of stuff with droppers for mixing and pouring :P I cant wait until I have enough hair to really start experimenting with stuff...

That's a wild thought!!! LOLOLOL

EarthTones
01-31-2003, 03:27 PM

:D

Lydicarol is now the founder of a new cult...the bumble and bumbleheads! :crazyeyes:

lydicarol
01-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Lydicarol is now the founder of a new cult...the bumble and bumbleheads! :crazyeyes:

You are all under my command (look into my eyes) :eggface:
Repeat after me, Bumble and Bumble is your friend

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

spacetygrss
01-31-2003, 05:22 PM
My favorite leave-in is definitely Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It is moisturizing and really helps to detangle my 4a hair.

Ditto this. I've tried alot of products, but this one takes the cake.

Ebonique
01-31-2003, 05:39 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bumble and Bumble....is.....your.....friend.

:shock: What the....wait a minute. I haven't even tried this stuff yet! :lol:

Actually I used their deep treatment, and it wasn't all that deep. It didn't have much effect on my hair.

Has anyone used their alojoba shampoo or conditioner? I have a bottle of each I got in a trade that I haven't used yet. I thought I would see if I could get a heads up.

Antigua
01-31-2003, 06:42 PM

silvi
02-01-2003, 01:17 AM
So many people raved about the bumble and bumble leave-in, I had to get some. I found a local salon that sells it a bought a small bottle today. I'll try it tomorrow and report back. :roll:

EarthTones
02-01-2003, 11:36 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Lydicarol, I have to admit...I am the newest member of the Nappy Bumbleheads. I bought the small bottle earlier today... :?

and I thought I was a reformed PJ!!!!!!!!!!

blakgirl
02-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Aura Elixir Leave-On.

love it, love it, love it.

blak.

CEE26
02-04-2003, 09:57 AM
i'm still searching..(pj)
so far my fav...is the elucence moisture balancing
i use the abba it's good....i think i'm going to try bumble bumble :?:

krazeenapps
02-04-2003, 06:55 PM
I looooooooove Elucence! Used it for the first time this weekend as a wash, and as part of a leave-in concoction. I spritz in the morning and

[size=24]BOOM!

Instant success. I will chase Elucence to the end of time. It's a keeper.

BushBaby
02-04-2003, 07:27 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :!:

Save yourselves NOW......don't be a fool like I was when I paid $20 for this and it did nothing for my hair. :cry:

It is evillllllll :evil: :twisted:

Put your shades on 8) and do not look directly at the Bumble and Bumble bottle :wink:

On the other hand, I do like Elucence.

EarthTones
02-04-2003, 08:25 PM
BushBaby you are a mess! ROFLMAO!

I actually like the bumble and bumble...it leaves my hair soft and moisturized, with no frizz.

In the midst of my product junkiness ( I need therapy, bad!) I have come to rely less on the hair classification systems (4a, 4b, etc, etc) because one 4a may love one product and another may hate it.

So I am doomed because everytime y'all rave about something, I am in the store!

I am not even gonna go there about the Elucence, which I haven't tried yet. Lawd help me!

silvi
02-06-2003, 04:58 PM
I tried the Bumble n Bumble leave-in and was not really impressed, left my hair a little crunchy. However I will hang on to it and try it again in the summer. The heat and humidity in Alabama may make a difference :!: 8)

Safiyyah
02-06-2003, 06:04 PM
1/3 part glycerin
1/3 part infusium 23
1/3 water (filtered / distilled or boiled ( boiled and cooled down..)

with about a palm full size portion of one of the following:
Jojoba oil
Vitamin E oil
Olive oil

Ebonique
02-07-2003, 02:35 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Save yourselves NOW......don't be a fool like I was when I paid $20 for this and it did nothing for my hair. :cry:

Put your shades on 8) and do not look directly at the Bumble and Bumble bottle :wink:

:shock: $20.00?...........[size=18]BAM!! the spell has been broken!! :lol: I can't spend that much. At least not without trying a sample first.

lydicarol
02-07-2003, 02:55 AM
[quote]Lydicarol is now the founder of a new cult...the bumble and bumbleheads! :crazyeyes:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: $20.00?...........[size=18]BAM!!

Girl,

BB is crazy for paying that amount. You can get a 2 oz bottle at their salon on the east side for like $5. Go to their website for the address. You can take the 4/5 to 59th Street.

Amarige
02-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Paul Mitchell has a really nice leave-in called the Conditioner, butttttttttttt I just purhased a travel size bottle of Bumble and bumble leave in. When my current bottle of Paul Mitchell is empty, I'll see what all the BUZZ is about.

Honeycomb
02-08-2003, 01:47 AM
I've been using Aura Leave-in Elixer & Generic Potion 9. So far so good until I can find something better and inexpensive.

Sekhmet
06-19-2003, 05:38 AM
bump

Happy2BNappy
06-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by narcissaqtpie@Jan 21 2003, 02:06 PM
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner is my all time favorite leave-in, it has just the right amount of moisture and mixes well with other styling products.

But the product junky in me wants to try something new, any reccommendations?
Try Paul Mitchell's The Cream. Sally's has the generic product. This is the best leave-in I've tried! But I haven't tried The Conditioner yet, so I can't compare the two.

star0925
06-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NaturalK@Jan 28 2003, 06:34 AM
Truepeace,

I'm lovin' African Royale DD too!
Third on the Daily Doctor :thumbsup:

naturalme22
06-19-2003, 07:13 PM
:blink: i have no clue as to where to purchase this Bumble & Bumble stuff.... i live in Baltimore and was wondering if anyone near me knew where to get it from... :unsure: help me....

skegee94
06-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Jun 19 2003, 06:13 PM
:blink: i have no clue as to where to purchase this Bumble & Bumble stuff.... i live in Baltimore and was wondering if anyone near me knew where to get it from... :unsure: help me....
These are the two locations I found on the bumble&bumble website store locator link:

Atelier Hair
600 Wyndhurst Ave

Corbin's
4 West University Parkway