PDA

View Full Version : Breakouts/Bumps on cheeks

BushBaby
12-16-2004, 11:42 AM
For the last few months I've noticed that I have these annoying tiny bumps (abour 4 of them) on my cheeks. They aren't really pimples because otherwise they would disappear after I medicate them (like the pimple that constantly shows up on my chin every month).
These bumps on my cheeks look more like they are here to stay...

I also have those dark dots around my eyes...not many but enough to worry me especially since I've never seen anyone in my family (who didn't gorw up here) get them. My sister and I are developing them and I'm not sure what's in the american diet that's causing them.

You know the bumps I'm talking about right? The ones that many black women tend to have at different locations of the face (yuck...I hate them)...does anyone know why I'm getting them and what to do about them?

I'm scared that the bumps on my cheeks are actually those dark/black spots (like those around the eyes) starting to grow on my cheeks.

BushBaby
12-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh...i think they are called flesh moles. :dunno:

Dreamyb
12-21-2004, 01:13 PM
bump

thunderstorm
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
sounds like you are describing moles.

many people of color, not just black people, have them. and they usually start showing their appearance in the mid- to late-twenties and early thirties.

some people's moles are flat, others' are raised to the point where it looks like you could just grab them between your fingernail tips and yank them off. (i do not suggest that you do that.)

they are genetic, and like i mentioned above, asians, blacks, hispanics, indians, and other ethnic groups share these facial moles.

aside from doing something extreme, like having them lasered, frozen, or plucked off by a physician, they are on your face to stay. if they bother you that much, and if you already don't do this, you could start wearing makeup to camaflouge them.

it's usually the small things that bother us about ourselves and that no one else even notices.

Ameka
12-22-2004, 04:12 PM
I agree thunderstorm. I have had mine since I was young, but they are not big at all. They are kind of cute to say the least. I wouldn't suggest getting them surgically removed either because those jokers could come back bigger.

I had one on my neck that I twisted off, it bled and bled and bled so bad. I will never do that again. As far as your cheeks are concerned, try adding shea butter to your regimen. I know for me, my skin as seen a world of a difference because of it. But as far as the flesh moles, they are definitely here to stay.