PDA

View Full Version : Channeling

interplanetjanet
06-23-2003, 06:51 PM
I am reading this book on channeling and I am interested if any of you have tried it. For those that don't know, channeling is suppose to get you in touch with your spirit guides or your higher self. I find it very fascinating.

For those of you who have experienced it could you please tell me what's it like. How long did it take you to get contact? Or if you had any contact at all? Does channeling open you up to contacting spirits in general?

Please share your experiences.

marq's mom
06-24-2003, 02:26 AM
i'll bite....

i'm curious...

interplanetjanet
06-24-2003, 01:29 PM
@marq's mom - I think that we are the only ones curious.

LotsOfLocs
06-24-2003, 02:23 PM
This link may be slightly related. It talks about spirit guides.

http://www.nappturality.com/forums/index.p...=5537&hl=astral (http://www.nappturality.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=5537&hl=astral)

interplanetjanet
06-24-2003, 04:30 PM
@lotsoflocs - thanks for the link. Very interesting.

marq's mom
06-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by interplanetjanet@Jun 24 2003, 01:29 PM
@marq's mom - I think that we are the only ones curious.
i guess so...

i checked out that thread....that's all very interesting. lotsoflocs or interplanet janet: know any good books i could read to get up on this...?

interplanetjanet
06-25-2003, 04:11 PM
@marq's mom - I don't have the book with me. It's at home. I will bring it in tomorrow (I don't have a computer at home) and pm you the title.

Frechesmaedl
06-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Dear Interplanetjanet,

You certainly will experience something with channeling, but it won't be "ghosts" or "spirit guides," but you will be visited by demons disguising themselves as what YOU want to see and believe in. Once you believe in them, then the demons will manipulate you into maybe depression, suicide or mental illness. And if you don't repent, then they will lead you into the pit of hell for all eternity. Please stay away from this stuff - there is a spirit world and it is composed of good and evil. The occult is the portal to evil and Jesus Christ is the portal to good and to salvation!

God bless you and please make the right decision, because it affects where you will spend eternity!!!

Frechesmaedl

Please read the following for more information: http://www.wwy.org/wwy1696.html

LotsOfLocs
06-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Whhooaaaa...............

The occult is not a pit of evil. Occult is what is secret or hidden. Some people are afraid of the hidden. Or simply not that spiritually evolved to channel and go to other realms. interplanetjanet, yes when you are entering different realms there will be guides and there will be people who might antagonize you. This is why you must be spiritually, mentally, and physically fit when you are in occult practices.

interplanetjanet, you can also get to know your spirit guides without channeling.

interplanetjanet
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Frechesmaedl@Jun 26 2003, 06:34 PM
Dear Interplanetjanet,

You certainly will experience something with channeling, but it won't be "ghosts" or "spirit guides," but you will be visited by demons disguising themselves as what YOU want to see and believe in. Once you believe in them, then the demons will manipulate you into maybe depression, suicide or mental illness. And if you don't repent, then they will lead you into the pit of hell for all eternity. Please stay away from this stuff - there is a spirit world and it is composed of good and evil. The occult is the portal to evil and Jesus Christ is the portal to good and to salvation!

God bless you and please make the right decision, because it affects where you will spend eternity!!!

Frechesmaedl

:o :o :o
YOU are scaring me with all that talk! Are you talking from experience? How do you know that it is so evil? No offense but I call people that make comments like your "holy rollers". To be quite honest, I got a bad vibe when I read your post.

@ Lotsoflocs - How can I get in touch with my spirit guides without channeling?

LotsOfLocs
06-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by interplanetjanet@Jun 26 2003, 07:48 PM
YOU are scaring me with all that talk! Are you talking from experience? How do you know that it is so evil? No offense but I call people that make comments like your "holy rollers". To be quite honest, I got a bad vibe when I read your post.

interplanetjanet,

I got a bad vibe from that post too! Such an evil tone.

Anway, you can get to know them by actually acknowledging they exist and honoring them. Libation is an important and simple way. Ancestors and spirit guides need to be fed and honored. There is a libation thread on this board. You can also read up on libation via the web books. You also just have to be receptive.

interplanetjanet
06-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LotsOfLocs@Jun 26 2003, 06:46 PM
Whhooaaaa...............

The occult is not a pit of evil. Occult is what is secret or hidden. Some people are afraid of the hidden. Or simply not that spiritually evolved to channel and go to other realms. interplanetjanet, yes when you are entering different realms there will be guides and there will be people who might antagonize you. This is why you must be spiritually, mentally, and physically fit when you are in occult practices.

interplanetjanet, you can also get to know your spirit guides without channeling.
thanks for the information. What was it like for you when you first got in contact with your spirit guides?

LotsOfLocs
06-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by interplanetjanet+Jun 26 2003, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (interplanetjanet @ Jun 26 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LotsOfLocs@Jun 26 2003, 06:46 PM
Whhooaaaa...............

thanks for the information. What was it like for you when you first got in contact with your spirit guides? [/b][/quote]
I have never channeled by myself, some one more experienced did it for me.
Libation is not actually talking to your spirit guides. It just honoring and feeding them. Opening a relationship with them. I interact with my spirit guides a little differenty. I may get answers through African divination and ritual. There are so many ways, it can even be done through dreams. The Spirit guides & Ancestors are always with you, its just a matter of acknowledging them.

marq's mom
06-27-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by LotsOfLocs+Jun 26 2003, 08:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LotsOfLocs @ Jun 26 2003, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--interplanetjanet@Jun 26 2003, 07:48 PM
YOU are scaring me with all that talk! Are you talking from experience? How do you know that it is so evil? No offense but I call people that make comments like your "holy rollers". To be quite honest, I got a bad vibe when I read your post.

interplanetjanet,

I got a bad vibe from that post too! Such an evil tone.

Anway, you can get to know them by actually acknowledging they exist and honoring them. Libation is an important and simple way. Ancestors and spirit guides need to be fed and honored. There is a libation thread on this board. You can also read up on libation via the web books. You also just have to be receptive. [/b][/quote]
ditto on the bad vibes...

how can channeling lead you to the pits of hell... :blink:

Frechesmaedl
06-27-2003, 06:57 AM
A fellow Nappturality member PM&#39;d me last night and this was my reponse:

Hi Fellow Member,

I hear you - I also wanted to try yoga until I heard of all that stuff which goes on and how it can connect you to the bad side of the spirit world. I think that there are two things going on here with yoga: 1) the poses and chants are prayers to pagan gods and 2) yoga frees the mind and lowers its defenses, which basically opens the door to spirit world entities i.e. demons.

I, myself, have never done any channeling or so, but I have had experience with the occult and have heard of other people&#39;s experiences. The Bible references which are given in the article are the basis for my wariness of all of this new age stuff. This new age, many Christians believe, is the "false religion" that was predicted in the Bible to come in the last days. It sound pretty logical - I mean the new age is a brilliant strategy in that it unites many different people - with seemingly different beliefs on the surface - into one goal: exploring the supernatural. I mean, if I read some of the threads here on Nappturality it seems that African Native Religion, Wiccan, Channeling etc all have that element of exploring the spirit world and gaining experiences there.

When I was a child I loved to read books on the supernatural - true testimonies about "ghosts" and "poltergeists" and channeling. I am so glad that the Lord Jesus Christ kept me from harm or experiencing any of that until I became a Christian so that I could really know the truth and reject it.

From my experiences, demons always trip up and lie. Examples from my life:

- Reading one of Shirley Maclain&#39;s book&#39;s on channeling, the demon being channeled acts as if it were a spirit of someone living in the past but there are tons of historical inaccuracies - I think that Maclain even points this out herself.

- When I lived on a Kibbutz in Israel for 6 wks, one volunteer from Belgium (his entire family was involved in the occult - fortune telling, channeling, etc) started freaking out because he saw "ghosts" of dead Israeli soldiers and said that they had been brutally slaughtered in his room by the Syrians. Well, there had been a war fought on the kibbutz in the early 1970&#39;s, but no one had been killed in this room as he said several people who had lived on the kibbutz at that time said.

- A magician who my company had invited to a client seminar in Florida as entertainment - he could tell people elements from their lives but when he tried to guess some things he was not entirely correct. When he asked me to draw something on a board and then concentrate and think about it so that he could read my mind , I prayed that Jesus would show me where the magician&#39;s power came from by not allowing him to read my mind if his power came from Satan. (You know what happens: demons look at the picture I had drawn and tell the magician). Anyway, something funny happened and the magician was not able to decipher the picture - he was totally frustrated and I was estatic at the power of the Lord Jesus and his response to me.

- In Thailand and in Hong Kong, where Buddhism is the main religion, the common people are totally afraid of "evil spirits" who they say live on the land (didn&#39;t Yoga originate here?). So everywhere you go they have little altars shaped like houses with candles and offerings inside so that these spirits do not harm them. I was on a train going back from North to South Thailand to take my plane back home. Anyway, there was an older man who had been a monk (all Thai men must be monks for one year) and he spoke good English. He told me "your grandfather was an indian" (kinda true - it was my great-grandfather) and then he asked me to close my eyes, clear my mind and tell him what I saw. I did so and he told me that I should spend time with my parents because, soon, no time will be left. This freaked me out and when I called my mom she told me she had tumors, but that they were non-cancerous and that she had set a date for surgery to remove them. This nonsense that this man told me was in 1998!!!

- An article by a Catholic priest about how, as a child, he had received power to "divine" or to know things about what had happened or was currently happening to other people. He became very sought after and wanted to kill himself (he heard voices telling him to do this - you know who that was!) after he heard of the suicide of someone he had once advised. He confessed his sins to a priest and renounced his power.

- A couple of times after I became a born-again Christian, after having lain in bed for a few minutes in the dark, I was seized by something which shook me and I head a rushing sound in my head like the ocean. It shocked me and I called on the Lord stated "In the name of Jesus Christ beggone" and it departed.

Anyway, these are my main experiences. I hope that these will help you in your decision about whether to continue doing yoga or not. I will say a prayer for you!

God bless you!

Tousette

LotsOfLocs
06-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Frechesmaedl,

Yoga did not originate in Thailand or Hong Kong. Yoga originated in Khemit(Egypt) Africa. There is nothing evil or demonic about Yoga. Ethiopians brought Yoga to Indus Kush(India). You might want to gets the facts about yoga before you start speading fallacies. There is nothing evil about channelling, trance, yoga, energy(chi) works, diviniation, etc. which all come out Africa and are an integral part of African spirituality and religion.

interplanetjanet
06-27-2003, 04:40 PM
@lotsof locs - I started the excerise I read in the book of channeling (to Marq&#39;s Mom - the name of the book is Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide). I did the relaxation techinques and I got focused rather quickly. I closed my eyes and I felt like I was moving but I know that Iwas in my bed. Then I felt myself spinning. As I am typing this I feel the same sensation again. It was a very weird feeling. Even when I had opened my eyes I still felt the sensation. I also noticed that when I was saying that I wanted to connect with my guide my speech (all of this in my head) was getting faster and faster.
What do you make of this?

LotsOfLocs
06-27-2003, 05:34 PM
You may want to PM GalaxyGirl2010. She is very knowlegeable. I&#39;m not sure if she does channeling specifically. I dont have a lot of experience with channeling. Channeling in ATR ( African traditional religion) is used differently and for religous purposes and during rituals. During rituals a lot of channeling goes on. We also do things to prepare, like libation, altar work, and purification. So my experience with channeling is a lot different than what you may be trying to do. I know when someone channeled for me and I was going in the past, I felt like I was moving backward. I could feel when I was leaving and entering different realms.

afrikankween
06-28-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Frechesmaedl@Jun 27 2003, 02:57 AM
A fellow Nappturality member PM&#39;d me last night and this was my reponse:

Hi Fellow Member,

I hear you - I also wanted to try yoga until I heard of all that stuff which goes on and how it can connect you to the bad side of the spirit world. I think that there are two things going on here with yoga: 1) the poses and chants are prayers to pagan gods and 2) yoga frees the mind and lowers its defenses, which basically opens the door to spirit world entities i.e. demons.

I, myself, have never done any channeling or so, but I have had experience with the occult and have heard of other people&#39;s experiences. The Bible references which are given in the article are the basis for my wariness of all of this new age stuff. This new age, many Christians believe, is the "false religion" that was predicted in the Bible to come in the last days. It sound pretty logical - I mean the new age is a brilliant strategy in that it unites many different people - with seemingly different beliefs on the surface - into one goal: exploring the supernatural. I mean, if I read some of the threads here on Nappturality it seems that African Native Religion, Wiccan, Channeling etc all have that element of exploring the spirit world and gaining experiences there.

When I was a child I loved to read books on the supernatural - true testimonies about "ghosts" and "poltergeists" and channeling. I am so glad that the Lord Jesus Christ kept me from harm or experiencing any of that until I became a Christian so that I could really know the truth and reject it.

From my experiences, demons always trip up and lie. Examples from my life:

- Reading one of Shirley Maclain&#39;s book&#39;s on channeling, the demon being channeled acts as if it were a spirit of someone living in the past but there are tons of historical inaccuracies - I think that Maclain even points this out herself.

- When I lived on a Kibbutz in Israel for 6 wks, one volunteer from Belgium (his entire family was involved in the occult - fortune telling, channeling, etc) started freaking out because he saw "ghosts" of dead Israeli soldiers and said that they had been brutally slaughtered in his room by the Syrians. Well, there had been a war fought on the kibbutz in the early 1970&#39;s, but no one had been killed in this room as he said several people who had lived on the kibbutz at that time said.

- A magician who my company had invited to a client seminar in Florida as entertainment - he could tell people elements from their lives but when he tried to guess some things he was not entirely correct. When he asked me to draw something on a board and then concentrate and think about it so that he could read my mind , I prayed that Jesus would show me where the magician&#39;s power came from by not allowing him to read my mind if his power came from Satan. (You know what happens: demons look at the picture I had drawn and tell the magician). Anyway, something funny happened and the magician was not able to decipher the picture - he was totally frustrated and I was estatic at the power of the Lord Jesus and his response to me.

- In Thailand and in Hong Kong, where Buddhism is the main religion, the common people are totally afraid of "evil spirits" who they say live on the land (didn&#39;t Yoga originate here?). So everywhere you go they have little altars shaped like houses with candles and offerings inside so that these spirits do not harm them. I was on a train going back from North to South Thailand to take my plane back home. Anyway, there was an older man who had been a monk (all Thai men must be monks for one year) and he spoke good English. He told me "your grandfather was an indian" (kinda true - it was my great-grandfather) and then he asked me to close my eyes, clear my mind and tell him what I saw. I did so and he told me that I should spend time with my parents because, soon, no time will be left. This freaked me out and when I called my mom she told me she had tumors, but that they were non-cancerous and that she had set a date for surgery to remove them. This nonsense that this man told me was in 1998!!!

- An article by a Catholic priest about how, as a child, he had received power to "divine" or to know things about what had happened or was currently happening to other people. He became very sought after and wanted to kill himself (he heard voices telling him to do this - you know who that was!) after he heard of the suicide of someone he had once advised. He confessed his sins to a priest and renounced his power.

- A couple of times after I became a born-again Christian, after having lain in bed for a few minutes in the dark, I was seized by something which shook me and I head a rushing sound in my head like the ocean. It shocked me and I called on the Lord stated "In the name of Jesus Christ beggone" and it departed.

Anyway, these are my main experiences. I hope that these will help you in your decision about whether to continue doing yoga or not. I will say a prayer for you!

God bless you!

Tousette
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

marq's mom
06-30-2003, 04:59 AM
frechesmaedl, i&#39;ve never been one to resort to name calling, and this would be my first time ever referring to a person as such (seeing as how i was raised in a holiness church), but you sound like what folks would call a holy roller. how in the world could channeling, yoga and the like ALL be influenced by demons in some sort of way? you make it sound like everything will send you straight to hell or something.

see, this is exactly why i stopped going to church...you open your mind a little bit and you&#39;re going to hell....sheesh.. :rolleyes:

angielocks
07-01-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by marq&#39;s mom@Jun 30 2003, 04:59 AM
frechesmaedl, i&#39;ve never been one to resort to name calling, and this would be my first time ever referring to a person as such (seeing as how i was raised in a holiness church), but you sound like what folks would call a holy roller. how in the world could channeling, yoga and the like ALL be influenced by demons in some sort of way? you make it sound like everything will send you straight to hell or something.

see, this is exactly why i stopped going to church...you open your mind a little bit and you&#39;re going to hell....sheesh.. :rolleyes:
ya know?!

people are soooo closed minded...how arrogant for us to think that this is all there is... why are some so against using ALL of what God has given us...our minds, our bodies, nature and the universe! let&#39;s use it!

FreshStart
02-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Bringing this thread back to life.... :)

I&#39;d like to hear others&#39; PERSONAL experiences with channeling their *higher* self, a spirit guide, a *higher* entity, etc...

I&#39;ve been on a path to eventually let go of filtered information and I feel it&#39;s time for me to tap the source directly. Lately I&#39;ve been having incredibly strong urges to practice contacting and I&#39;m no longer getting the spiritual lift from my old sources. I feel I&#39;ve outgrown them. They helped me at "older" points in my development but now I need to let them go.

I&#39;m not asking for channeling methods or anything. I&#39;m going with the plan I have in mind and see what I can do with that.

I&#39;ve discussed this with my brother. His wife acts as a channel for guides that help him. I believe they come through spontaneously with her though. I mean, he&#39;s never mentioned her actually sitting down to give him a reading or anything. Everytime (from what he&#39;s told me) that it&#39;s happened, the guides just "came through". I assume the conditions at that particular moment were ideal for the connection so it happened w/o any conscious planning.

Brother also says that he&#39;s had some success in channeling. Says he&#39;s too lazy to practice to improve his skills. :smug He says when he goes into deep meditation he&#39;ll sometimes pick up a sea of voices. It sounds like he&#39;s standing in a large crowd and there are a bunch of conversations going on around him. Then he starts zeroing in on a conversation (or something like that). Next he&#39;ll be able to pick up that conversation/voices clearly and block out all others. This is were his skills drop...but I think after that he should hear a voice directed at him. Maybe "contact".

That conversation (w/brother) was significant for me b/c when I was younger I&#39;d always hear the crowd of voices...until I forcefully blocked them out. Since then I think my beliefs have set up barriers that prevent me from connecting... Now that I&#39;ve tossed many junk beliefs and gotten more "in tune" & I think I can access the divine much easier. And since I feel a strong pull in that direction, I&#39;ma go for it! :thumbsup

Right now, when I go "under"/meditate/whatever you want to call it, I get a bunch of seemingly random images (scenes, people, phrases, etc) all strung together. I acknowledge them and let them go. If I linger to long or think to hard on any one, I lose it and have to start over. I&#39;m thinking that with practice I&#39;ll fine tune all this and get what I&#39;m after.

Like I said at the beginning, I just want to hear others&#39; personal channeling experiences. I&#39;m following my intuition with this post and I&#39;m hoping someone will bite and perhaps something someone will contribute will be of use to me.

Thanks all. :coffee

DivineSpirals
02-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Frechesmaedl@Jun 26 2003, 06:34 PM
Dear Interplanetjanet,

You certainly will experience something with channeling, but it won&#39;t be "ghosts" or "spirit guides," but you will be visited by demons disguising themselves as what YOU want to see and believe in. Once you believe in them, then the demons will manipulate you into maybe depression, suicide or mental illness. And if you don&#39;t repent, then they will lead you into the pit of hell for all eternity. Please stay away from this stuff - there is a spirit world and it is composed of good and evil. The occult is the portal to evil and Jesus Christ is the portal to good and to salvation!

Frechesmaedl

Indeed, this is why long-time practitioners of "channeling" or spirit possession pray for goodness and light to filter out bad energies during a spiritual mass. All in the name of Jesus, Mother Mary and God, of course.
:)