PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows

Ace9
12-21-2004, 03:52 AM
I live in Manhattan. And I'm looking for an eyebrow artist. I say this because I know that it's the eyebrows that change the face. And I'm looking for something to shape my brows. I've done them twice and they've both been bad. One made me look really awful like I was depressed. And the one before that made me look like a transvestite. I was like..oh no.

I would like any recommendations for anyone they know. I'm willing to spend a few dollars..about $20 the most a little over is fine for shaping. I can mantain with the cheaper ones.

If anyone can help, i'd be grateful.

Later Days,
A9

lovegoddess
12-21-2004, 04:13 AM
I know the perfect place for u. They are black owned makeup company, But the name has slipped my mind. They are located in Albee Square Mall In downtown brooklyn. They charge 10 dollars..You will know it when u see it because they usually have long lines. Also they have nice makeup... Ah ha. I remeber the name SADE..

Ace9
12-21-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by lovegoddess@Dec 21 2004, 04:13 AM
I know the perfect place for u. They are black owned makeup company, But the name has slipped my mind. They are located in Albee Square Mall In downtown brooklyn. They charge 10 dollars..You will know it when u see it because they usually have long lines. Also they have nice makeup... Ah ha. I remeber the name SADE..

Hey thanks so much. Do you have any more details like address? Anyone I should get in contact with..and it's only $10...really sweet. I'll take a day out and do a search unless you get back to me.

A9

healthy
12-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Hey Ace9,

I know a place in Midtown. Its called Eyebrow Express and they use the threading and waxing methods. A lot of people prefer threading, so give it a try if you haven't tried it. They also have other services like facials, massages and henna tatoos. I used to go there when I used to work on 34th and it was very convenient. I go somewhere close to home now. This should work out for you since you live in the city. Price are reasonable $7. They are very popular in the city.

Eyebrow Express
140 W. 32nd st. (bet 6th and 7th ave)
212 594 5901

Ace9
12-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by healthy@Dec 21 2004, 04:54 AM
Hey Ace9,

I know a place in Midtown. Its called Eyebrow Express and they use the threading and waxing methods. A lot of people prefer threading, so give it a try if you haven't tried it. They also have other services like facials, massages and henna tatoos. I used to go there when I used to work on 34th and it was very convenient. I go somewhere close to home now. This should work out for you since you live in the city. Price are reasonable $7. They are very popular in the city.

Eyebrow Express
140 W. 32nd st. (bet 6th and 7th ave)
212 594 5901

Yeah healhty I actually know it. I can't do threading it. Not only do I hate the feeling o fit.. but unlike some people..it gives me ingrown hairs. And their really bad ones. So I don't want to go through that again. But thanks for the advice.

BestNatural
12-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey Try Be'Nard Giles! He shapes eyebrows really nicely. He tweases (sp) the eyebrows. He says that waxing over time can cause your eyebrows to sag.

If you pm me I can give you the number. He works midtown I think. :afro: