PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about rinsing

naturalsistah2005
12-23-2004, 02:55 AM
I read the discussion about rinsing, and I want to start trying that. So, after you rinse, what do you do with your hair? Do you let it air dry, but like for me, I don't know if that would work, because my locs shrink and frizz up. Does anyone else's hair do that?

Amber

Natural Kinks
12-23-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes and you have to be okay with shrinking and frizz because that's what happens particularly until you are maturely loced and then it may not change depending upon your texture. Yep just let them air dry and it will work for you if you can just accept what your locs will do. There is nothing in particular that you do to them after rinsing. I just rinse, dry and go. HTH.

linette411
12-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by naturalsistah2005@Dec 22 2004, 09:55 PM
I read the discussion about rinsing, and I want to start trying that. So, after you rinse, what do you do with your hair? Do you let it air dry, but like for me, I don't know if that would work, because my locs shrink and frizz up. Does anyone else's hair do that?

Amber

I did my first rinse at my 5th month. I tried a spritz my first few months and noticed that with my hair type the frizzies just went crazy, so constant water was not for me. When my roots started to hold long which was at month 5 I did a rinse. No frizzies for me and I was shrinking way before I started to rinse.

:smil3f9cf95099cff:

Nice avatar. I saw the story behind that photo. They were trying to locate her again to take another picture. Very interesting story.

blaqdredhd
12-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I agree with Natural. You have to embrace the frizzies as a part of the journey. You will learn to love them as your journey and locs mature. Best wishes.

Simplyloc
12-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I have frizzies and i love it!
Today my locs look Wild , Nappy and Funky!
For shrinkage i just use clip at the front of my locs and remove them when my hair is dry, this will help keep the lenght :)

You can always, rince, separate the locs and use Pure Aloe vera gel on each loc-it will give the illusion of less frizzies.. :)