PDA

View Full Version : Dark & Lovely Dry Hair Healer ?

Knottygal
01-31-2003, 01:00 AM
I was wondering if this was only for women who have color in their hair ?

I saw it in Wal Mart and thought about purchasing but was unsure if it could work on Nappturals.....

Robbia
02-01-2003, 02:07 AM
I use it and I don't have any color on my hair. It left my hair really soft and detangled. It's a lot like the Dark and Lovely Cholesterol conditioner, but it has shea butter and cocoa butter in it.

Kinkygirl
02-02-2003, 05:16 AM
Dark & Lovely has great products. Their Loc & Twist butter is really good.

KinkyG

Maestradiva77
02-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Dark & Lovely has great products. Their Loc & Twist butter is really good.

KinkyG

I use the twist butter. I love it!

jmnappy
02-18-2003, 05:01 PM
I like it. It worked really well on my hair.

KinkyCoils
02-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Doesn't it have mineral oil in it? I thought it does. I wanted to try it also. Can you use it as a deep conditioner?

brwnsuga7310
02-18-2003, 06:29 PM
It does have mineral oil in it I've used it, but was not very impressed with it. It smells yummy though.

msladymam
02-24-2003, 08:12 PM
I just used it this past weekend as a deep conditioner. Not sure if I like, will need to try it again. Didn't like the smell. I was actually looking for the cholesterol condiditoner, but couldn't find it. It does have mineral oil, but when I looked at other cholesterol conditioners, they do too. Go figure.

blakgirl
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
It does have mineral oil in it I've used it, but was not very impressed with it. It smells yummy though.

the smell was too much for me. it's strong and it lingers. i'll stick with the UltraCholesterol [yellow product, pink lid].

blak.

blakgirl
03-02-2003, 01:56 AM
bump.

blak.

twistednubian
03-02-2003, 02:08 PM
blakgirl, thanks for bumping the posts. When I looked at the ingredients, I noticed the mineral oil was the second ingredient was mineral oil. Made me kind of skeptical. After reading posts, I think I'm going to hold off.

Etcetera
03-03-2003, 01:49 AM
I tried this product some time ago. I wasn't impressed with it. I like Queen Helene's Cholestoral Treatment better.

Autumn
03-06-2003, 02:10 AM
I kept going in the store, opening the lid & giving it a good sniff :lol:
the smell just kept me going back to it, & the mineral oil kept saying no! no! NO!
Well i brought it, & even recomended it to someone on this board,

anyways to cut a long story short, i should listen to the mineral oil :?

all the best

A

Barbie
03-13-2003, 05:13 PM
I tried this conditioner just a few days ago and loved the results. My hair was soft and easy to comb. I noticed it had mineral oil, but I decided to try it anyway.

hth

jetcitygirl
03-13-2003, 09:07 PM
I used it twice and threw the rest away. Didn't do anything for my hair despite leaving it on overnight and I absolutely could not stand the smell. To me it smelled kind of "chemically" with a lot of cocoa butter on top of it to mask the odor.
But in all honesty, no cholesterol treatment I've ever used has done a single thing to condition my hair.

jazzy18
03-15-2003, 05:37 PM
i remeber this conditioner. it smelled ok and seemed to mak make my hair soft but wasnt outstanding. i got a rash on my face and neck using it sooooo it was no good for me

Barbie
03-16-2003, 06:37 PM
I used it twice and threw the rest away. Didn't do anything for my hair despite leaving it on overnight and I absolutely could not stand the smell. To me it smelled kind of "chemically" with a lot of cocoa butter on top of it to mask the odor.
But in all honesty, no cholesterol treatment I've ever used has done a single thing to condition my hair.

I usually have that problem with cholesterol conditioners also, but I kept trying and have finally found two the I like:

1- the topic of this thread
2- Lustarsilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol - great detangler and conditioner for the no 'poo routine.

Thickness
03-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I used it and I really liked it. My hair is extremely thick and the comb just glided right through my hair with very little effort. Once I rinsed my hair felt really soft and cottony. Its a keeper for me. :D