PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new scent/fragrence

bluvember
12-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a new perfume. Preferably something I can wear daily, sublte, noticable but not overpowering. I don't have time to go to the mall and hang around the perfume counter. Not that I would if I did have the time, i'd stink like the dickens after they got through with me. :P

But anyway, i'll be ordering it online so,

What's your signature scent? Describe the smell, if you can. Or how does it make you feel. Oils, perfumes, etc. How long does it last?

Help me out, I wanna smell like more than just bath soap, not that that's a bad thing. :D

Melanizm
12-27-2004, 03:08 AM
*GLOW by J.Lo
*Moonlight Path - Bath & Body Works

Both are subtle and not overpowering. Instead of being like a fake artificial smell like most perfumes, they smell more natural and earthy like a musk scent. To me, they both just smell clean and crisp and they both last all day. I always get compliments on them when I wear them.

(It's kind of hard to explain how they smell)

naturality
12-27-2004, 03:40 AM
Moonlight Path and Cotton Bliss- bath and body works.
Dolce and Gabbana (light blue)-any department store

snellie
12-27-2004, 04:56 AM
Vera Wang (my favorite) - Can be found @ Parisians, Macy's, Proffitts; Can be strong, must be used w/ a very light touch, so a little bit goes a LONG way. I can't really describe the smell of this one. Just good! :D

Tommy Girl - Can be found @ any dept store pretty much. Nice to wear on a daily basis because it is fairly inexpensive. It has a somewhat flowery smell but not too sweet.

mosdiverse
12-27-2004, 08:22 AM
I love....Cashmere Mist by Donna Karen....light...powdery scent...very pretty and also Imagine by Ellen Tracey...another light powdery scent...

Cami213
12-27-2004, 08:32 AM
i simply LOVE anything by Boucheron (Paris), I personally have Boucheron and Intial by Boucheron. Available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's and other fine Department stores.

But...something kind of new that I have smelled upon is Amour Amour by Cacherel, that is the sexiest scent. I hope to get it from DH on Valentine's Day!

ThisIsKia
12-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder: http://a248.e.akamai.net/www.esteelauder.com/images/products/award/EL_1YM4_award_mp.jpg

Product Details:

The new fantasy in fragrance.

It's an intoxication of the senses...rare, radiant, intriguing.

Estée Lauder Beyond Paradise transports you to a perfect world of optimism and wonder. Unfolds on your skin with a fascinating blend of tropical wetness, zesty freshness and bursting floralcy.

Fragrance Type: Prismatic Floral

Top Notes: Eden's Mist, Blue Hyacinth, Orange Flower Templar, Jabuticaba Fruit
Middle Notes: Laelia Orchid, Crepe Jasmin, Mahonia Japonica, Pink Honeysuckle<---> Mostly smells like:
Base Notes: Natal Plum Blossoms, Ambrette Seed, Zebrano Wood, Golden Melaleuca Bark

How it makes me feel: Ultra feminine

carlaw78
12-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Estee Lauder- Pleasures Intense
Bath & Body Works- Sweet Pea
Carol&#39;s Daughter- Jamican Punch

divaemeritus
12-27-2004, 07:05 PM
OM - sold at the gap. the best fragrance I&#39;ve ever worn, and it only costs $15 to boot!

KRE8TIV
12-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Curve for women by Liz Claiborne (I think)
Very Sexy sold @ Victoria Secret
Pear Glace Body Spray/Lotion @ Victoria Secret (MY FAVORITE!!) :wub:
and some &#39;fresh&#39; body mists from Avon

aquababie19
12-27-2004, 07:58 PM
i am in love with the new one by dkny called " be delicious" . smells like green apples.

freelocks
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
ooh, I love "Be Delicious" as well. Smells great. I bought that for myself about 2 months ago. I just got Ralph Lauren&#39;s "Style" for Christmas and I love Adrienne Vitadinni&#39;s "Capri". :P

FoXi
12-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Addict - By Chrisitan Dior is my absolute favorite perfume ever! It&#39;s so sexy.

Vanilla Soft Musk - By Avon. Normally avon scents smell like cheap crapola but this one is actually quite nice. I love vanilla and this smells like a dream. It&#39;s so easy to wear and not overpowering in the least. I use it most days and always get a nice compliment.

inkysphinx
12-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Burberry Brit
Dior Addict
Gucci Rush (but it may be to heavy for the warmer months)

macgirl
12-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by aquababie19@Dec 27 2004, 02:58 PM
i am in love with the new one by dkny called " be delicious" . smells like green apples.

Me too! I got it for my birthday last month.

Portae
12-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Anything Escada! I love Escada&#39;s Island Kiss, Magnetic Beat, and the gloriously decadent Escada Collection. I&#39;m also a big fan of Versace Jeans Couture.

coolhandlulu
12-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Vicky Tiel
its hard to find though

jaguar_03
12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I just received : Kenneth Cole "Black" for Christmas, and I love it!

I also love:

~ Burberry Weekend
~ Issey Miyake
~ Marc Jacobs

FoXi
12-30-2004, 02:00 PM
OKay I splurged today...I just bought a perfume set from The Body Shop today. It&#39;s called Invent Your Scent Collection and it came with 9 vials of perfumes that each have thier own scent. The idea is to mix any two together and make your own individual scent. It&#39;s fantastic not to mention beautifully packaged. Highly recommend it!

Carefree
12-30-2004, 11:57 PM
I love Moonlight Path by B&Bw too.

I also like Avon&#39;s Skin So Soft bath oil.

Carefree
12-30-2004, 11:59 PM
I love Moonlight Path by B&Bw too.

I also like Avon&#39;s Skin So Soft bath oil.

vicchnu
12-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by freelocks@Dec 28 2004, 11:35 AM
ooh, I love "Be Delicious" as well. Smells great. I bought that for myself about 2 months ago. I just got Ralph Lauren&#39;s "Style" for Christmas and I love Adrienne Vitadinni&#39;s "Capri". :P

I love "Be Delicious" also but i find that it lacks staying power. Have you noticed that also?

bluvember
01-01-2005, 12:52 AM
the perfume outlet (http://www.perfumeoutlet.net)

I was just messing around and came across this site. I saw a bunch of the ones mentioned, but not all.

I even found one i used to wear about 10 years ago, til the major stores stopped carrying it. Vivid by Liz Claiborne. Oooh, I love it! :wub:

blackangel
01-01-2005, 04:13 PM
portae, i love escada&#39;s island kiss too. i got that for christmas. it smells like a bowl of tropical fruit.

also, green tea by elizabeth arden is really good. it literally smells like green tea.

both these perfumes last all day and are light and fresh.

Lita
01-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I just bought Attraction by Lancome. It is a nice light fragrance. I&#39;ve gotten tons of compliments.

4real
01-02-2005, 12:41 AM
I just started using aveda&#39;s cinnamon and clove oil. It was exactly the scent I was searching for, spicy and smooth and subtle. And it&#39;s like $12.

babynichole
01-02-2005, 01:40 AM
I love Issey Miyake too....

seek_first
01-02-2005, 04:56 AM
FYI - HTH

IVillage&#39;s List of Free Perfume Samples (http://beauty.ivillage.com/shop/freebies/0,,259390,00.html?arrivalSA=1&cobrandRef=0&arrival_freqCap=2)

$1 a sample, minimum 10 samples, free US shipping (http://www.parfumsraffy.com/samples.html)

lexi1
01-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Believe it or not "curious" by Britney Spears actually smells good and so does "true star" by Tommy Hilfiger( beyonce perfume).
And also Lucky Brand(not sure who makes that) and a good cheapie that smells good is Adreniline by Adidas. Oh yeah! and Romance by Ralph Lauren

Ketchup
01-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Amour Amour by Cacharel...still gets me loads of compliments...

Body Shop&#39;s White Musk...

starla73
01-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I&#39;d recommend Mango or Fuzzy Peach from the Body Shop. Also try the new Clean fragrances........Clean Provence eu de parfum or eu de toilet. Very clean and soapy (as they&#39;re marketed lol). I didn&#39;t buy the Clean scents because I didn&#39;t feel like spending 75 dollars for the parfum. The eu de toilet is 45.00.

sisterceo
01-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lexi1@Jan 2 2005, 01:25 AM
Believe it or not "curious" by Britney Spears actually smells good and so does "true star" by Tommy Hilfiger( beyonce perfume).
And also Lucky Brand(not sure who makes that) and a good cheapie that smells good is Adreniline by Adidas. Oh yeah! and Romance by Ralph Lauren

I tried "Curious" this past week at the mall and fell in love with it!! :wub: I will be buying this for myself on my birthday!! ;)

shunnylocs
01-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Try

Micheal by Micheal Kors - Light, feminine, sweet - good for day

Rush by Gucci - Warm, bold, sensual - good for night

Inexpensive standbys

Bath & Body Works - Aromatherapy Jasmine and Vanilla (also has a hint of pachouli which I love)

Victoria&#39;s Secret - Strawberries and Champagne

sharynleigh
01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
I am in love with Bvlgari au the vert (Green Tea)

Crisp, clean, refreshing

Lovliqueen
01-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I just recently received "Heavenly" by Victoria Secret. I like it its soft and light.

Kenneth Cole Black

Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna

Cinema by Yves Saint Laurent (excuse the spelling) I purchased this fragrance for my Mom but I like it for myself. Nice for the evening.

Lovliqueen
01-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I just recently received "Heavenly" by Victoria Secret. I like it its soft and light.

Kenneth Cole Black

Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna

Cinema by Yves Saint Laurent (excuse the spelling) I purchased this fragrance for my Mom but I like it for myself. Nice for the evening.

Natural Kinks
01-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Hanae Mori - you can only get this at Marshall Field&#39;s or online - VERY light (all that I wear are light scents) - hard to describe the scent other than it being heavenly.

Mahoganyqt
01-06-2005, 04:32 AM
I love Chanel Chance and Tommy Girl

cristalena
01-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Scent is oh so personal. I don&#39;t suggest buying a perfume online without ever smelling it on you, because body chemistry has a lot to do with how a perfume smells.

Some perfumes I like: Burberry Brit, Anna Sui&#39;s Sui Dreams, and Givenchy Haute Couture. You should take whatever suggestions sound the most appealing to you and sniff them out at a local department store/perfume store. Then pick one and buy it online if it&#39;s cheaper (and it usually is).

moonchild
01-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I&#39;m generally an oils gal BUT here are my commercial picks:

~Vanilla Nag spray from Carol&#39;s Daughter (unfortunately this one is only seasonal (got it last valentine&#39;s weekend from the store in Brooklyn...also only available in the Nag box set. Would be my signature scent if it were available. SExy, SeXy, SEXY scent)

~Samba (a french perfume in a interesting purple upside down bee&#39;s nest shaped bottle. My sister returned from Paris with this year&#39;s ago and i fell in love. Haven&#39;t had any in years though)

~Opium

~BCBG Girls (Four separate scents. I forget all the names: Metro, etc. Each one smells pretty nice and light. These brought me back to commercial scents for a spell.

~~My all time favorite.....COTY Wild Musk Oil. Cheap as heck, sometimes available at Walmarts and the such. I always see the spray and it has been decades since this one has been around. I was under 10 when i caught my first whiff. So I must not be the only one who loves the smell. The spray is nothing like the oil though. It&#39;s just a sexy, pretty, natural smell. I&#39;ve yet to meet a man (or woman) who doesn&#39;t love it.

I love amber butter too if you can find it. Beautiful smell. Vanilla is good.

~mc

Azure
01-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Right now, I have:

Lucky You by Lucky Brand - very nice. I get lots of compliments

Cotton Blossom and Mango Mandarin by Bath & Body Works - the former is clean and powdery and the latter is sweet and fruity.

I&#39;m also a lover of the Moonlight Path....smells so nice!

Also, a second on the advice to smell it for yourself first and even try a sample for a day. I&#39;d hate for you to be the owner of an (expensive) fragrance that &#39;sours&#39; on your skin, so to speak.

Azure :)

CurlsWannaHaveFun
01-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Oyedo by Diptyque---light, slightly citrusy with and undercurrent of florals. I&#39;ve never smelled anything quite like it. I picked it up in Paris and I love it.

Clean by Dlish---smells clean, light, unfussy. Like fresh laundry with a hint of sweetness. My next perfume to buy. Sephora carries it.

NaturalSerenitee
01-21-2005, 02:33 AM
I love Realities...light, crisp, a hint of modern floral...very subtle.

Realities Perfume (http://www.realities.com/)

mom_is_queen
01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
I love love love Burberry Brit!!!!!

cfurse
01-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Oooh. . .I can have fun with this thread. I am real big on mixing fragrances because I prefer people to have to ASK me what I&#39;m wearing instead of just knowing. Here are a few of my favorites worn together. Just a hint of each

LIGHT BLUE (Dolce & Gabana) + Pleasures (Estee Lauder) + 5th Ave. (eliza arden)

Angel Hand lotion (glide over clothes) + Vanilla oil

Mountain Silver Water (Creed) + Egyptian Musk

Coty Wild Musk + any fragranced oil

Burberry Weekend + White Tea and Ginger (bath and body works)

Happy (Clinique) + Pleasures Intense (Estee Lauder)

Calyx (Prescriptives) + Coty Vanilla Musk

Vanilla Oil + Coty Vanilla Musk
I can go on and on!!!

twistygrrl
01-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Beyond Paradise & Pleasures Intense--Estee Lauder
Pure Poison -- Dior
Boucheron
Warm Vanilla -- Bath and Body Works
Jamacian Punch -- Carol&#39;s Daughter

makeba
01-23-2005, 05:44 PM
i have a serious weakness for perfumes! at some point i believe i had over 30 bottles of different perfumes. since i found my signature scent of florals, floral-sweet scents i simply love these particular ones.

gardenia by chanel
pink sugar by aqualina @ sephora.com
vera wang
armani mania by georgio armani
deep red by hugo boss
boss woman by hugo boss
white linen breeze by estee lauder
coco mademoiselle by chanel
ralph lauren blue

in order to find a scent that works you must go to the perfume counter and spray it on your wrists and leave it on for 20minutes to allow it to settle then afterwards you should know if the scent agrees with you. i tend to find the ingredient makeup of the scent to determine if it will agree with me. like vera wang has gardenia in it so i knew it would not be bad since i love gardenia by chanel. perfumeoutlet.net is a good place to order from.

bluvember
01-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Scentiments.com (http://www.scentiments.com)

Imanginationperfumery.com (http://www.imaginationperfumery.com)

Parfumsraffy.com (http://www.parfumsraffy.com) - Claims to make signature scents.

mama-mia
01-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Natural Kinks@Jan 5 2005, 06:27 PM
Hanae Mori - you can only get this at Marshall Field&#39;s or online - VERY light (all that I wear are light scents) - hard to describe the scent other than it being heavenly.

Hanae Mori is a great scent! They also sell this at Nordstrom (if there is a Nordy&#39;s in your area).

I heard all the buzz about Fracas and I finally smelled it and on my is was just OK.

I like single note fragrances like Verbena and Vanilla. They used to have the BEST Vanilla perfume at L&#39;Occitane but it was discontinued; I was so sad. I used to mix thae Vanilla and the Verbena together and it was heavenly! Oh I also like L&#39;Interdit by Givenchy!

Kashanti
01-30-2005, 08:43 PM
My favorites right now are : Sensi by Giorgio Armani and Sanderling. I am in love with these fragrances.

TorontoNaps
01-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I love "spicy" scents. My signature scent is Fendi for Women (http://www.fragrancex.com/fenes85.html), but I&#39;ve recently acquired 2 others that I also LOVE:

A) SO Oscar de la Renta (http://www.fragrancex.com/sodts1.html) and B) Provocative - Elizabeth Arden (http://www.fragrancex.com/lfrovap17.html)

hope you find something you like! :D

Tenkei
02-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Donna Karen Cashmere ^_^

strrblck
02-15-2005, 05:27 AM
JLo Miami Glo and the scent by DKNY, delicious (green apples)

chocol8diva714
02-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Portae@Dec 29 2004, 04:49 AM
Anything Escada! I love Escada&#39;s Island Kiss, Magnetic Beat, and the gloriously decadent Escada Collection. I&#39;m also a big fan of Versace Jeans Couture.

OK!! Get out of my head!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything by Escada... and Versace Jeans Couture is nice...I love yellow and red jeans!!

SexyMocha304
02-15-2005, 06:26 AM
Bath and Body Works&#39; Cucumber Melon and Warm Vanilla Sugar

I also sniffed a magazine sample of Paris Hilton&#39;s fragrance and LOVED it...I&#39;ll be going to pusrchase it soon.

Laluna
02-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I got So Magic by Lancome for VDay. It smells soooo good! Soft, clean, happy and feminine! Such a pretty frangrance! :wub:

divaemeritus
02-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Hubby bought me Clinique Happy to Be for Valentine&#39;s day - got to say I&#39;m loving it so far!

EarthyDiva
02-15-2005, 08:25 PM
My sig scent Laura ashley No 1. DISCONTINUED! BOOOO on them!

I also like Lauren, but mostly b/c it reminds me of my older sister.

ED

misstrini
02-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by mosdiverse@Dec 27 2004, 12:22 AM
I love....Cashmere Mist by Donna Karen....light...powdery scent...very pretty and also Imagine by Ellen Tracey...another light powdery scent...

:smil3f72836ee752e: :smil3f72836ee752e: for Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan...my absolute favorite all day, everyday scent. I also like Blue by Ralph Lauren which is also very soft and can be worn for both day and night.

bbrown
02-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by naturality@Dec 26 2004, 10:40 PM
Moonlight Path and Cotton Bliss- bath and body works.
Dolce and Gabbana (light blue)-any department store

I got the Cotton Bliss set for Christmas..the spray I think is strong..but the lotion is very nice...

I like Avon&#39;s Sparkling Sugar Scents...it&#39;s sweet and soft

charise
02-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Escada "En Fleurs"

DKNY

Cheleur by, D&#39;Anamale

These are all light scents, and can be found at www.purfumania.com

RoseBurnt
02-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Vera Wang & Glamourous by Ralph Lauren

For bedtime after a shower or bath "Create your own scent" by Body Shop

Laluna
02-20-2005, 03:37 PM
If you like really clean scents, check out True Star by Hilfiger. The one Beyonce endorses (even though she has said she doesn&#39;t wear perfume, only essenital oils :P ) I was in Dillards yesterday and sprayed it on a little tester. I woulld have bought it if I hadn&#39;t already gone waaayy over my shopping budget. I&#39;m goin&#39; back to get it though, believe me. It smells really soapy, like you just stepped out from having a shower.

mzrayona06
02-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I wear the Pink Grapfruit and Peppermint line from Bath and Body work...although they discontinued it last summer

I also wear Cool water for women...very nice

But Im mostly into fruity scents...Love Spell by Victoria&#39;s secret has been my everyday scent, with the Pink Grapefruit/Peppermint on eserve for special occasions.

rocktheLocs
02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
"body" by Victoria Secrets smells really good...

very light and soft...but you smell it all day....!!!

Jess82
02-22-2005, 03:26 AM
I like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden
Dream by Gap

moejoe4
02-22-2005, 04:58 AM
Ok Bath & Body Works has these new scents. One is called Chocolate and OOOOOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It smells just like chocolate. That fragrance is dangerous girl! :blush:

Twistie74
02-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Ginger Essence from Origins, an Estee Lauder company.

It&#39;s a warm scent and comes in two formulas: the sensuous skin scent that&#39;s cut with more orange and lemon along with ginger and the intensified fragrance with less orange and lemon. I prefer the intensified formula because it lasts longer and people always compliiment me on how nice it smells.

Lovliqueen
02-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Sensi- Giorgio Armani

Light Blue-D&G :wub:

Sicily -D&G :wub:

Heavenly-Victoria&#39;s Secret

LaLa*
02-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I love D&G&#39;s Sicily or Dior&#39;s Adore... I think that is the name of it.. it has the long golden neck bottle.

lovelyfaun
02-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I wear Alfred Sung&#39;s Shi and TRIBU by Benetton

chocodiva
02-25-2005, 03:13 AM
Marc Jacobs and I just received a bottle of Flower by Kenzo as a Valentine&#39;s Day gift

Knottygal
02-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Ellen Tracy
Escada Sentiment
Carols Daughter&#39;s Lisa&#39;s Ocean Rain

Tenkei
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
^_^

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

New discovery!- Armani Woman?- Giorgio Armani (sp?)-smells lovely

Jendayi
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I have astma so I like lite scents like cucumber melon and peach. It&#39;s also cheap so that&#39;s a plus, too.

desanna
03-07-2005, 03:55 PM
philosophy Falling in love. SOOOOO goood at Sephora.

sonshine
03-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Baby Grace from Philosophy is very nice too! Very feminine and just blends beautifully with my body chemistry.

Bath and Body works has a Sandalwood and Rose scent from their Aromatherapy line that is very nice also. It&#39;s warm...kind of like a soft, spicy scent... if you can image that!

Those are some of my favorites! I like fragrance talk!!

Laluna
03-23-2005, 06:38 AM
I bought BathnBodyworks whole Cherry Blossom line. The body cream, the bubbles, and the eau de toilette. It&#39;s new....and it smells really really good. Fresh, lightly floral and clean. Perfect for spring.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/images/products/detail/fbc.pleasures.bath_bubbles_detail.jpg

There&#39;s the bubble bath. All you need is a little bit, and you have bubbles galore!!

Whitley Gilbert
03-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Rapture by Victoria&#39;s Secret