PDA

View Full Version : Shave or not to shave

MsJaji
12-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Hey my peps

Is there something wrong with not shaving ur legs? I choose not 2, so every time I wear shorts/skirts I get alot of funky stares. I want 2 say something but I am above drama. I feel if I shave my legs I'm going 2 look like everyone else who does. I have nothing against it shave if u want 2, but don't look at me crazy because I don't. I try my best not 2 get caught up in AMERICAN ways so that's why I'm natural and loving it :afro: :D :smil3f728e20478ac:

P.S. I do shave under my arms lol :D

Cia
12-29-2004, 06:41 AM
I dont shave my legs either. The hair on my legs is sparse.

MsJaji
12-31-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Cia@Dec 28 2004, 11:41 PM

Gurl mine too. My man love em so i'm not complaining but i'm tried of the stares. :afro:

Venetter
12-31-2004, 04:43 PM
I barely shave my legs in the winter, but keep it up in the summer. I could care less how hairy they look in the gym, but if I wear a short skirt where the hair could be seen thru nylons I'll shave.

honeychild
12-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Venetter@Dec 31 2004, 12:43 PM
I barely shave my legs in the winter, but keep it up in the summer. I could care less how hairy they look in the gym, but if I wear a short skirt where the hair could be seen thru nylons I'll shave.

yeah me too. i'm a pretty furry chick and decided long ago keeping my legs shaved was a losing battle. plus, my philosophical feeling is WHY the heck does a woman have to walk around looking prepubescent? adult men don't have to shave their legs; it takes a long time; i like the smooth feeling but not the stubbly feeling, grumble grumble. ;) i'll do it if i feel like it or if an outfit calls for it but i'm a big fan of lightweight ankle-length a-line skirts in the summertime ;)

davida9737
12-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Personally, I like the look of shaved legs. But, I think it looks fine when the hair is sparse - and more importantly people have to do what they like to do. No one really wears hose anymore, but I think it looks kinda funny when really hairy legs are in hose.

vinny_46
01-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by MsJaji@Dec 28 2004, 10:34 PM

Is there something wrong with not shaving ur legs? I choose not 2, so every time I wear shorts/skirts I get alot of funky stares. I try my best not 2 get caught up in AMERICAN ways so that's why I'm natural and loving it :afro: :D :smil3f728e20478ac:

Absolutely nothing wrong with not shaving your legs. If the hair grows there, you have every right to leave it there. I think the pressure for women to shave their legs is disguisting. <_< Most women think they have to. Like when we thought we had to relax our hair. :rolleyes: I only shave for me, when I feel like it. And that&#39;s not often. Besides, it&#39;s cold! :lol:

Where are you from?

vinny_46
01-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by honeychild@Dec 31 2004, 09:06 AM
yeah me too. i&#39;m a pretty furry chick and decided long ago keeping my legs shaved was a losing battle. plus, my philosophical feeling is WHY the heck does a woman have to walk around looking prepubescent? adult men don&#39;t have to shave their legs; it takes a long time; i like the smooth feeling but not the stubbly feeling, grumble grumble. ;) i&#39;ll do it if i feel like it or if an outfit calls for it but i&#39;m a big fan of lightweight ankle-length a-line skirts in the summertime ;)

Exactly. I agree.

MsCurly85
01-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Cia@Dec 29 2004, 01:41 AM

ditto... im just not a hairly person or something cuz i never get much hair on my legs or anything... barely noticable if at all.

Oh and i like guys with shaved chest, legs and preferably underarms-spotless... hairly guys make me :lipsrsealed:

southerncurl
01-01-2005, 03:45 PM
i&#39;m very hairy so I do shave but only if I KNOW somebody is gonna be feeling on them...i know a few guys that LOVE hairy legs so I would acommodate them as well.

it just depends on if i&#39;m getting some that night or night honestly.

my grandmother has NEVER had hair on her legs or underarms all her life, it just never grew..i wish i would have inherited that gene. :Angry_boese008:

her legs and armpits are so smooth and pretty...even her arms are hairless and smooth.

MsJaji
01-02-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by honeychild@Dec 31 2004, 10:06 AM
yeah me too. i&#39;m a pretty furry chick and decided long ago keeping my legs shaved was a losing battle. plus, my philosophical feeling is WHY the heck does a woman have to walk around looking prepubescent? adult men don&#39;t have to shave their legs; it takes a long time; i like the smooth feeling but not the stubbly feeling, grumble grumble. ;) i&#39;ll do it if i feel like it or if an outfit calls for it but i&#39;m a big fan of lightweight ankle-length a-line skirts in the summertime ;)

I&#39;m feelin u. I like the ankle length skirts also but were i am i can&#39;t :( find ant cute ones.

MsJaji
01-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by southerncurl@Jan 1 2005, 08:45 AM
i&#39;m very hairy so I do shave but only if I KNOW somebody is gonna be feeling on them...i know a few guys that LOVE hairy legs so I would acommodate them as well.

it just depends on if i&#39;m getting some that night or night honestly.

my grandmother has NEVER had hair on her legs or underarms all her life, it just never grew..i wish i would have inherited that gene. :Angry_boese008:

her legs and armpits are so smooth and pretty...even her arms are hairless and smooth.

Gurl I&#39;m very hair too. Shaving is just to much work plus I hate the stuble. I wish I had ur granny&#39;s genes I&#39;m jealous :D Yeah some men do love hairy legs but others r so caught up n american ways.

dewdrop
01-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Only in the summer time I shave (to wear cute skirts/dresses/shorts/exercise), otherwise my hairy legs are hybernating through out fall, winter, and spring (and I wear pants a majority of the time).

mama-mia
01-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I&#39;m a waxer. I have my legs and underarms waxed about 3 - 4 times a year. I have no hair on the backs of my legs and sparse hair on the fronts. In an effort to save money and time I shaved my legs and underarms recently and my skin did not approve. I don&#39;t plan to shave again.

MsNaNa
01-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I personally do not need to shave my legs because my hair is also very sparse. I think though that there are points at which very hairy people may want to trim, not necessarily shave. But too each their own.

TorontoNaps
01-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Rare is the time I&#39;ll shave in the winter. I need the warmth & I&#39;m too lazy, LOL! I think you&#39;re comfortable not shaving, no point in doing it. But I definitely shave in the spring/summer when I mostly wear dresses. Plus I just prefer the shaved look... :afro:

feepee
01-17-2005, 04:49 PM
i don&#39;t shave my legs anymore cuz a) i&#39;m lazy like that and it&#39;s hard enough shaving my pits once a week B) i discovered that no one can tell i don&#39;t shave &#39;em

this is my legs after 1 year of no shaving
http://images6.fotki.com/v90/photos/2/206459/751037/july3023-vi.jpg

vinny_46
01-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Feepee,
I&#39;m so jealous of you I could scream!! :Angry_boese008: After 1 year?

I look like I&#39;m wearing hairy ugg boots. :icon_eek13:

mimosa
01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by southerncurl@Jan 1 2005, 08:45 AM

My mother and sister are the same way. Why oh why didn&#39;t I inherit that gene as well!

honeychild
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Jan 17 2005, 03:58 PM

HAAAA!!!! me too, LOL.

@ feepee, uhm. how are you gonna even HAVE a brickhouse body like that?? :shocker:

ok, sorry. :unsure:

Artsyblack
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I didn&#39;t start shaving my legs until my mid-20&#39;s. I kept getting too much attention and thought it was sexually alluring........ :D I was going through my shy stage and couldn&#39;t handle it. But what I&#39;ve learned is that men love them some hairly legs and will do and say some of the strangest things to let you know it.

I remember years ago while sitting in the library on lounge chairs, I had an african man , who was sitting next to me and say after he noticed the amount of hair on my legs, " I would rather lick your legs for a month than eat for a week." I was about 19 at the time and freaked the hell out.

Then there was a times while I was standing on a small balcony rigth above the venice beach boardwalk. Just standing there minding my own business observing people when I felt a sting on my lower leg. I looked down and ah brotha was standing below me looking at his hand and said, " I just had to pluck one out for good luck." Ok that was cute but still weird.
The one thing that I always enjoyed seeing is the reaction I&#39;d often got from young boys who would do double takes and then try to get the attention of all their friends to look at my legs.

I&#39;ve had so many strange encounters with men who get turned on by leg hair. The problem that I have now is that since I&#39;ve started removing it, the texture of my hair has changed. I supposed the reason why it looked attractive back then is because it laid on my legs and was very smooth to the touch and thick.
Now when it grows back it&#39;s sticks out and has a rough course feel. Not cute at all. A fro should only be restricted to the head. So I have to stick to shaving especially during spring and summer seasons.

I do miss that attention being that I now how to handle it and used them to my advantage...... :D

feepee
01-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by vinny_46@Jan 17 2005, 01:58 PM
Feepee,
I&#39;m so jealous of you I could scream!! :Angry_boese008: After 1 year?

:lol: :pointlaugh:

ugg boots? girl you are a trip!

@honeychild, girl i&#39;on know how dat happened. my mama say i get it from my daddy side of the family. *shrugs* squats? lol

elleebeme5
01-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I have shaved my legs since high school when my mother encouraged me to. I love the feel of smooth legs but I only shave a couple of times a week in winter but every other day in the summer.

I&#39;ve met guys who indicated a preference for hairy legs but I&#39;m not going to not shave for a guy.

caraqueen
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
I have sparse amount of hair on my legs ..but I do prefer to shave.